NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

on 1/17/2008 10:12:00 PM

This is very soft and easily blendable, but it 's not very pigmented and shows up a bit chalky on my NC30 skin. I'll use this pot, but I don't think I'd purchase it again.

on 2/5/2009 11:49:00 PM

Recommended by christianadivine. This is my first contouring blush :)

I'm an NC37 and it's very subtle on me. Looks very natural and goes on very smooth. Easily buildable and blendable :)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this blush and use it everyday as my contour. I have NC 30 skin with olive undertones and I find that this taupe color looks perfect on my skin tone, not muddy or dirty looking as some bronzers can ( I used to use Mac's bronzer as a contour). I use my MAC 109 and pick up a small amount, place it, and build it up to the intensity I want. If I want a subtle contour I only swipe around 2 times, more intense, I swipe a few more times. It' super easy to blend too and you can't beat the price. I had to buy it off cherryculture.com because it was impossible to find at my local ULTA and LongsDrugs.

on 12/20/2009 4:47:00 PM

This is a nice neutral matte color. It is pretty close to the color of my skin so it doesn't show up too much which I like. I use this as an all over lid color and use any other darker eyeshadows I have on the crease. MAC's Satin Taupe looks great with this and so does Espresso. It does remind me of MAC's Wedge, they are pretty close. This can also be used to blend out other colors. The color is very pigmented and easy to blend as well. Other reviewers have said this is a boring color and I do kinda agree :) That's why I won't buy Wedge anymore since this is a much cheaper alternative. But it is a good generic taupe color that is good for your collection. Also, this truly is a taupe color. I have crazy skin on my eyes that seems to bring out red/orange in some of these taupes out there (think Maybelline Chai Latte quad, that taupe lid color looks crazy ugly on me), somehow this turns out truly taupe on me with nothing but primer on my lid. A lot of times I need to use a NYX pencil in Milk to neutralize some of these other taupey colors. For those that like really neutral looks for work, day, etc, this is a good cheap e/s to have in your bag.

on 11/19/2010 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Good neutral color, cheap & serves its purpose. The color goes great with any tone blush & I wear it with MAC Sable or ST on the bottom lashline ( I use them as eyeliners)

Color is a cool gray toned med brown in my opinion, I am MAC Studiofix C40/ NARS Stromboli and works well as a base/ lone color while adding a little depth.

on 11/21/2010 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is the best contour color I have ever found. Unlike everything else I tried before this has no orange in it at all and zero shimmer. I own Hoola by Benefit, Harmony blush by MAC, Suntan Matte by Smashbox and many more (they're not terrible), but this is sooo much better and much cheaper. Looks very, very natural on my NC25-30 skin. Hasn't lasted me very long though, but maybe it's just that I use it every single day because it makes me so happy that I found ithe perfect contour.

on 9/20/2011 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This looks like a frosty murky greyish white on my eyelids, which I don't really care for. Probably my least favorite taupe that I've tried. The pigmentation is decent, but the color is no good.

on 10/13/2011 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been trying to find a replacement for strada since mac discontinued and this is it. it is a bit darker than strada on me but that is not a bad thing as i had to really pile on strada to get it to show up. a perfect nude, contour on my nc20 skin. love it! also it's lasting power is great. at least 5 hours on me

on 6/11/2012 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I bought this as some girls on YouTube were saying it was a good contouring shade. First off, it's a very grey toned brown. I have yellow undertones in my skin and this just makes my face look dirty. I think I'm better suited with warmer products. I've tried it as an eyeshadow and it's okay but honestly this gets no use by me at all. I feel like it doesn't have much pigmentation at all and it feels really chalky. A huge miss for me. Luckily it wasn't too expensive.

on 6/12/2012 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I can't give a product a bad review simply because the color did not flatter my skin tone. It appears this is great for pale skin tones but on me this looked blue/gray just awful. I tried to use it to contour and as a regular blush but I had to toss it away.