NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Other
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

on 9/24/2009 7:02:00 PM

When i first learned of contouring this was the product I tried. It is inexpensive and did last me awhile. Use a light hand and build the color gradually or else you are left with "dirty" looking skin. lol
I've since purchased more expensive contouring powders; however I always seem to reach for this one! Def recommend and will repurchase as long as its avail. It would be nice if the packageing was a bit more sturdy.

For ref: NC30-35 Olive undertone

Product comes in the NYX standard plastic cheapie flip-top packaging at about $5/pop. No wasted space with brush or mirror, just a cake of soft, pigmented, blendable, matte blush.

Taupe is a mid-brownish grey, with cool lavender undertones. Taupe seems to have a lavender/white powder base which I'm sure contributes to the chalky quality on skin. Overall I find most other NYX blushes seem to have the pigment suspended in a non-chalky base so they look more clear/true to shade if that makes sense. But, back to Taupe.. a sad dud among the usual NYX blush gems... it's a shade too light/chalky for NC35, and sadly the lavender undertones make this look unnatural for olive toned skin.
I think this would be an appropriate contour shade for neutral/cool tone skin a shade or two lighter than NC35.

Ben Nye contour 1 works much better for my skintone.

on 2/3/2010 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

As everyone else has said this is excellent as a contour blush. I am extremely fair skinned and most everything else made me look like I had a dirty face, which is just not the look I am going for :-) This is just pigmented enough to give the illusion of well defined cheek bones and a smaller 'fluff' under the chin. I would highly recommend!

on 4/26/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love this blush. I use it as a countour and it works great. It also matches my fair skin and lasts long. One of my favourite products from NYX.

Edit: I'm on my second round of this product and I still love it!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

A great contour - there are no orange tones so I can use this on my NC15 skin and not look as if I dusted cocoa powder on my face! It's buildable, which allows me to use it even though I'm quite pale. This is the only contour powder I've found that looks natural on me.

on 1/10/2016 9:05:00 PM

Good contour color for lighter complexions. Worth a try.