NYX Powder Blush - Taupe

NYX Powder Blush - Taupe

4.2

on 1/18/2017 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like this "blush" - it's a very cool gray-brown shade that works well as contour. It is very subtle on my cheeks, as my skintone is lighter than NC40 as it is winter, but I like that it doesn't show up as a harsh color on me. The powder is very finely milled and smooth, and works well when applied with my Real Techniques sculpting brush. If you are darker than me, I'm not sure that it would work for you, but if you are my shade or lighter, this is a great contour to try. I love the new packaging too - it's very compact and easy to carry around!

not for nc25 ladies. Barely any colour shows up and it's kinda hard to blend. I prefer my inglot sculpting powder as compared to this

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Well isn't it a perfect contouring shade? It is!
I love pigmented products, but not with contouring because it can become too harsh too fast. And with this, you don't have to worry about it being too dark or orange. It is so hard in the pan that the brush doesn't pick up too much, which makes it easy to build up. It blends nicely and is not powdery, looks so natural on the cheeks and anywhere else you need to contour. It is a satin finish, so it doesn't look flat. I like to use it with Wet n Wild contour brush (white and pink) and it is perfect!
Overall, this little blush is my must-have and the quality is so good for the price.
Totally recommend it.

So hard to blend out, and it had a very strong red undertone on the skin. I didn't get that "super natural" grey-brown contour from this. I have a medium complexion & used this on my nose and cheeks and looked god awful.

Packaging sucks, was too expensive for what it was on Amazon (nearly $10). I don't know if they reformulated this, or I got a bad batch, but I would not recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This colour looks JUST like the colour of shadows! However, on my skin (im very yellow undertoned, NC30) it showed up a bit pink and the shadow wasn't really there as i'm a bit darker....
If anyone has this problem, try this alternative: Loreal infallible eyeshadow in Breaking nude!!!
Pigmented but can be blended out just enough so that it doesn't look like a line on your face!

on 9/25/2016 6:26:00 PM

This is a beautiful contour product when you consider the price. Definitely best contour product from drugstore!
If you have darker skin color(idk maybe darker than n35?) you might found this one is very light for you. When i got fake than on i use the shade NC30 and it still looks fine but when im palest (NC15-20) this is the best! Literally. It looks better than my laguna by nars which is an epic contour product and so expensive.:(
SHADE is unique because we are trying to create fake shadows and shadows shouldn't be orange obviously contour product must have neutral or cool undertones in it. For example bahama mama from the balm has neutral undertones not so cool or not warm. But this one on the cool spectrum and i believe this is why it's perfect! I love it. Love love love.
For fair-light-medium skin people,i highly recommended!
-I also saw some swatches comparing this one with kevyn aucoin sculpting powder they look almost same!

on 9/16/2016 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I kept hearing that this was a great contour shade for fairer skin. I personally don't like the shade of this at all. It's very ashy and muddy looking and the formula also didn't impress me as it applied patchy.

Disclaimer: I never got to use the original formula, so I can only comment on this shade in the HD Blush line.

This is a fantastic blush for very fair, cool skin! It is definitely cool-toned itself, almost grey, so it creates a really natural shadow when lightly applied and well-blended. It's super pigmented, so you don't need to keep going back into the pan, and I find it works well for both cheeks and nose, which are the only two places I contour. It can be sort of blended away, in my experience, which is a good and bad thing. If you apply it too heavily, you can blend it back into something normal relatively easily. However, if you're doing makeup for a night out and you'd like a more dramatic contour, it is a bit easy to accidentally over-blend.

All in all, however, a very good product. I also love that it's not scented in any way (looking at you, Too Faced). The packaging is a bit cheap, but for the price, I can't complain.

I've repurchased several times. I read a ton of amazing reviews about a limited edition Chanel taupe colour that looked good on pale skin, and I was gutted that I missed that one, but lead me to search for a similar taupe colour that similarly contours pale skin without just looking orange or shimmery. This is it. My main issue is I usually have had to order it from over seas because they don't sell it in the UK, but Boots is starting to stock NYX so hopefully it'll be in a local store before long :)

I wish I could find a foundation in this colour as I would blend that in with my techniques sponge as being a powder to me makes it not as easy to blend in..

Certainly happy that it does the trick, haven't seen a single product that is close to this colour yet.

on 5/25/2016 6:00:00 PM

This is the perfect contour shade for my fair skin. I don't use anything else to contour with. I can use it lightly for just a little dimension to the face, or layer it for a more sculpted look without it looking weird. It's perfect, and I love the price. It has also lasted me a loong time and I use it every time I do my makeup.