NYX Powder Blush - Taupe

NYX Powder Blush - Taupe

4.2

Disclaimer: I never got to use the original formula, so I can only comment on this shade in the HD Blush line.

This is a fantastic blush for very fair, cool skin! It is definitely cool-toned itself, almost grey, so it creates a really natural shadow when lightly applied and well-blended. It's super pigmented, so you don't need to keep going back into the pan, and I find it works well for both cheeks and nose, which are the only two places I contour. It can be sort of blended away, in my experience, which is a good and bad thing. If you apply it too heavily, you can blend it back into something normal relatively easily. However, if you're doing makeup for a night out and you'd like a more dramatic contour, it is a bit easy to accidentally over-blend.

All in all, however, a very good product. I also love that it's not scented in any way (looking at you, Too Faced). The packaging is a bit cheap, but for the price, I can't complain.

I've repurchased several times. I read a ton of amazing reviews about a limited edition Chanel taupe colour that looked good on pale skin, and I was gutted that I missed that one, but lead me to search for a similar taupe colour that similarly contours pale skin without just looking orange or shimmery. This is it. My main issue is I usually have had to order it from over seas because they don't sell it in the UK, but Boots is starting to stock NYX so hopefully it'll be in a local store before long :)

I wish I could find a foundation in this colour as I would blend that in with my techniques sponge as being a powder to me makes it not as easy to blend in..

Certainly happy that it does the trick, haven't seen a single product that is close to this colour yet.

To Read all 261 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/25/2016 6:00:00 PM

This is the perfect contour shade for my fair skin. I don't use anything else to contour with. I can use it lightly for just a little dimension to the face, or layer it for a more sculpted look without it looking weird. It's perfect, and I love the price. It has also lasted me a loong time and I use it every time I do my makeup.

on 5/16/2016 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Perfect for my pale, cool toned skin so happy i finally got my fingers on this. If your pale and struggling to find a contour shade that isn't too warm this is the one for you trust me. And to that price how can you not be excited.

on 5/9/2016 10:16:00 PM

Like many others I'm using this as a contouring powder, and as a terrifyingly pale human it works pretty gosh darn well for that. The packaging, however, has gradually destroyed itself. The clear top popped out first, leading to the lid frame to crack around the edge and also straight up from the hinge. Be careful with this one though, build too much and you look kind of dirty or sickly or something. I use a narrowish flat brush with natural bristles to apply it and I've never had a problem with blending.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this as a contouring product but I just ended up looking dirty. It didn't suit my warm undertone. Quality-wise, it goes on kinda patchy. Now I just use it on my eyes as an eyeshadow.

Perfect contouring product for fair skin tones. Got it for under 5 dollars - more than happy of my purchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm crazy in love with this shade. Though it's advertised as a blush, to me (and probably everyone else using this shade) it makes for the most perfect contour powder.

I'm guessing if you're in the States it's probably easier to get your hands on, and cheaper. However, in South Africa it's not stocked at all outlets, and is always the first to be sold out if it is. I always end up ordering mine online, which works out to the same amount that it would if I bought it locally.

If you're cool-toned and have a paleish skin, this is perfect. It defiantly works as a contour shade, without making you look orange.However, I'd think that nearly anyone could use this, it makes for a more natural shadow color than a bronzer would.

It's strongly pigmented, so I would recommend building up color gradually. I find that an angled contour brush works best for cheekbone, jaw and temple contouring, but fingers work in a pinch too. If you want to contour your nose, I'd recommend a eyeshadow shading brush, purely for logistic purposes.

If you're looking for THE perfect contour product, this is the one. There is reason for all the hype.

Love this as a contour for pale skin like mine, love that it is a matte powder, although it is a tiny bit patchy sometimes and a hair too warm.

My secret loves:
I have found that Sephora Collection matte eyeshadow "Scented Candle" no. 229 (cool/netural, greyish taupe), and "Skinny-Dipping" No. 271 (warm taupe) a slightly better match for me than NYX.

on 1/10/2016 9:05:00 PM

Good contour color for lighter complexions. Worth a try.

Popular Contour ProductsProducts