NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

on 7/26/2014 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was seduced by the many great reviews on this forum and lusted after this, yes ladies even in my advanced years a make up junkie is only in recovery, never cured and this blush proves my point. On the one hand I love the color, in the pan, on me not so much I have high, possibly misguided hopes that when my 'permatan' fades this will look good on me. Yes I read the reviews that this is good for someone with pale to medium skin and on the cool side, I have a lot of yellow in my skin, so stubborn is as stubborn does and I am going to try and tie my hands behind my back and lay off of Sephora, Barney's and Ebay for a while..well okay maybe for an hour or two !

UPDATE !
My tan has faded sufficiently for me to be in love with this color, if you have puffiness at the inside corner of the eye a little bit of this takes it away, this is also excellent for other subtle contouring. However as a true shading color you might need a truer brown.

on 3/11/2014 12:10:00 PM

NYX taupe blush is a nice contour powder for fair to medium skin tones. I first heard of it on Makeup Geek and that is where I eventually ordered it from. I think NYX products are good for their price and so was interested to see how is stacked up to other contours and bronzers.

This blush is good to use in the hollow of your cheeks, along the jawbone and to narrow the nose. I mostly find myself using it to narrow my nose. The color is quite light so the effect isn't garish at all.

I especially recommend this to the beginner - someone who is learning to contour. Since it is very affordable and effective it would be great for experimentation!

on 1/16/2014 12:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is the only NYX blush I use regularly. It's dual purpose for me because I use it for contouring and I use it to tone down my LaFemme blush when I go a bit too heavy and can't blend it out. I love this Taupe color as I have a neutral skin tone and other contour powders are too orangy looking on me. I will purchase this again as it's a keeper!

on 5/14/2013 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG for me (NW20, blue/green eyes, dark ash brown hair). A great, natural looking contour colour that mimics real shadows to accentuate my cheekbones and slim my jawline. Every other contour or bronzer I've tried has been too brown, too orange or too dirty looking. NYX's "Taupe" blush is perfect. I use it under my cheekbones with a tiny pop of warm pink on the apples of my cheeks for instant contour and a healthy glow. NYX is now available in Canada at Target but at ridiculous prices. I bought mine on ebay (3/$12 plus minimal shipping). The packaging is serviceable and does the job. NYX is all about good products at reasonable prices. If you're fair and cool, and have had trouble finding a good contour colour, give this one a try.

on 8/11/2012 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'd practically given up on finding this blush & finally caved & ordered it from an online site. Where I live grocers don't carry the NYX line & there is no nearby ULTA; but when I did make it to one, this was never in stock. Am I ever glad I persisted! This is the perfect matte, cocoa contour for pale ladies like me (NC15). Taupe gives my cheekbones instant definition & it doesn't need to be built up to see an immediate result. It can look harsh if not blended well but wears evenly throughout the day with minimal fading. For its small pricetag, I will definitely purchase another if the opportunity presents itself. I know a winner when I see one.