NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 36-43
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

on 5/24/2018 2:34:00 AM

It's too bad this has been discontinued. This is great value for the money and it works really well as a cool/neutral toned contour powder. I'm glad I bought a couple of spares. It's also small packaging, which makes it perfect for traveling. It's a really nice shade and it's very easy to blend. You can use a light hand and add more as you need.

on 12/17/2015 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not a game changer for me BUT I will still get some use out of it. I have a medium skin tone so this is a little light for me. Plus, I found it hard to build up to get color on my skin tone. It is also, ssoooo powdery!? Is this new to NYX blushes? I have other colors in the older packaging that are delightful but this one just dusted up something fierce. Wet n Wild has a contour palette that works very well for me that is about the same price but has a highlight shade. I will save this blush for a no makeup look. It is nothing to write home about. But I had to try it! MUA made me do it! 😄

on 4/12/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Caveat: This only gets 2 stars because it didn't work for me and as a "heads up" to others with my skin tone. If you are pale this would be THE BOMB contouring product and likely get a 5 star rating easily!

Note to NC30's and darker:
This will NOT work for you as a contouring product - It will be too light and if you are warm toned and try to pack it on for some sort of color payoff or attempt to use it as a barely there blush, it will look too grey and muddy.

Note to pale skin shades = lighter than NC30:
This is gonna look awesome as a contour! Especially if cool toned.

Pro's and cons abt the product:
Dirt cheap stuff here so if it works for you congrats! There is a ton of fallout to this product but it's so inexpensive that's not a big deal I suppose. Dispite fallout, I don't find this to be chalky on actual application and it seems easily blendable. This is inexpensive enough for anyone to give it a try and see how they feel about it. If you are a contouring newbie this is a good place to start experimenting as well. I highly recomend this for pale skinned folks, not at all for medium and darker.

on 3/22/2015 7:39:00 PM

I have this shade in both original and HD formula. It's a very cool tone, grey taupe. For my NC25-30 it works awesome as a contour shade. I would never wear this as a blush. The original isnt very light in pigmentation but build-able. It looks like it was have a sheen but it's matte. The HD kicks up more powder and is more pigmented. You can still get a light/day contour and a dramatic/night contour. It's my HG contour

on 1/6/2015 10:51:00 AM

Lovely as a transition/ blending colour on the eyes as well as a natural contour on the cheeks for my fairish skin. Easy to blend, very soft and velvety. My most used product at the moment with all kinds of eyeshadow colours and blush with it on the cheeks

on 7/21/2014 7:19:00 PM

Most people use this a contour but it works as an actual blush for me. I have yellow olive skin and I have the worst time finding makeup that looks "right". Sephora and Ulta roll their eyes when I walk in with my returns! This is very subtle and it is one of the only items that lights up my skin without making me look like a clown, NARS Sin is taupe on steroids on my face, Sin is beautiful but better in the summer when I'm a bit deeper in tone.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Everything they say is true! This blush is great for fair skinned people. I never would have purchased it - or even known about it - without MUA reviews. It looks muddy in the pan but when used right it gives great definition. (It took me a youtube video to figure out how to use it as a "contouring" blush - I wasn't particularly familiar with contouring). It's worth the $5 - just beware of the shoddy packaging as with all NYX blushes. I gave it an extra lippy because, miraculously, this one hasn't broken on me yet.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been working with this daily for several weeks for CONTOURING and the more I use it, the more I like it.

About me, I'm light skinned with neutral to slighty yellow undertones. Most bronzers are too dark and unnatural for me - even the cool toned ones often used for contouring.

PROS... (1) it is almost impossible to use too much. I've used TheBalm's Bahama Mama and it is UBER-pigmented which for contouring isn't great. I just about can't overdo NYX Taupe. (2) It is COOL and purpley/gray. Shadows are not warm, they are not brown, and they certainly aren't brown!!! I don't want to contour with a bronzer. (3) CHEAP! Although I could NOT find this in stores. I tried Target, Goody's, and Ulta. I had to order it. No biggie though. I hated to invest a bunch of money in a color that might not work. Contouring is a hard thing to do and the right color is really important. (4) I have dry skin and some powders don't look good on me. I also have a lot of "peach fuzz" on my cheeks right where contouring goes. Sometimes powders sit on top and look horrible. This looked FAB!!! Very fine powder and super blendable.

CONS...(1) Sometimes can look a little red on me. I've heard other yellow-toned people say this. I've found it looks better when I wear it over my mineral sunscreen bc the sunscreen whitens me a tiny bit. I have two colors of foundation that I use and NYX definitely looks better with the one that is less yellow. (2) And this is a BIG one... it just doesn't last. I have to reapply SEVERAL times throughout the day. I have dry skin - usually makeup (especially powders) CLING to my dry skin. Not this blush

Neutral... the top is so cheap. I'm sure it will break. That's what you get for $5 though and I've accepted that tradeoff.

Overall... I'm not ready to call it my HG yet. There are a few more products that I would love to try like Illmasqua's Hollow, NYX Haywire Eyeshadow, and Inglot 363M.

UPDATE: I have since tried NYX Haywire matte eyeshadow. It is MUCH more gray and cooler than Taupe blush. If I mix both colors together, I finally can say this is my HG contour color!!! Adding in a little Haywire cuts the red out of the Taupe for me and looks wonderful. TWICE since coming up with this concoction, I've had people ask me if I had lost weight. It's bc my face looks do much slimmer!!!

on 11/16/2013 2:06:00 AM

Even though I love my high-end bronzers like Too Faced Chocolate Soleil, I really enjoy NYX' Taupe for contouring as well. It's pretty easy to use and looks natural. I'm an NC 20-25, fair skin with strong yellow/green undertones (Asian), and I think the NYX Taupe does work double as a contour powder and blush for me. I know I like this MUCH more than tarte's Exposed.

On days when I want to look more casual and natural, I seem to reach for NYX Taupe. (When I want to go glam and/or I know I will be photographed, I'll reach for the Chocolate Soleil.)

I agree with the millions of people who say the packaging is cheap and horrible. Yes, like many others out there, I also suffered the "lid broke off for no reason" phenomenon. Well, first the lid cracked in half for no reason, and then a few weeks later, even though I was babying the thing, the lid pulled itself off. Hilarious. C'mon NYX, you can't make us buy another one of these by providing guaranteed-to-break-within-a-month lids/packaging when most of the product is still left, so why don't you just use slightly sturdier materials?

on 3/28/2013 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I finally got my hands on this. I am NW20 (pink tones, fair -medium). You were right MUA...you were right. This is a kick butt contour powder. If you are ever lucky enough to come across this, pick it up! I had to order mine via drugstore.com. The almost greige undertone over the typical orange undertones of most contours is what makes this so perfect on my NW20 skin. It looks so much like a natural shadow. Love this.

Top Rated Contour