NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 2/25/2018 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Found on amazon; discontinued in stores. Haven't tried the new version HD blush. Such an amazing color for fair, cool toned skin. Some reviewers said you have to be careful with the pigmentation but I completely disagree... this is very buildable and hard to mess up. I apply with the real techniques setting brush under my cheekbone. I've also been using this for a "brontour" instead of bronzer for awhile. It has zero orange cast to it.

on 1/10/2016 9:05:00 PM

Good contour color for lighter complexions. Worth a try.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

About me: NW10 (winter) - NW20 (summer)

Until now, all my attempts at contouring having been epic failures. Finding a cool toned contour color for fair skin is tough. And then Nyx Taupe entered my life! Now I am contouring daily. Taupe is a very cool toned color.

The formula is surprisingly pretty good for the price. It fades quicker than some of my fav blushes, but I get quite a bit of wear time. I like to use a finishing/setting spray when I use this to boost wear time. I did think this blended actually quite well too (I like to use it over my Mac StudioFix - the powder that makes EVERYTHING blend well though)

If you have a Benefit box blush - give the brush that comes in the blush a try for contouring. Although I think the box blush brush is terrible for blush application, it works pretty well for contouring.

I am not a fan of the new packaging. The little plastic bow opening is difficult - I have gouged it with my finger multiple times now. But that's pretty minor, considering the price on this is great! (Ulta runs sales on these BOGO a LOT too!)

I had been using Nars Laguna, but it is considerably more warm, and pulled VERY orange on my skin.

on 6/13/2015 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

this is a great contour shade for pale girls like myself..its very cool toned and creates the perfect shadow.. its very pigmented not powdery at all nice and smooth and easy to blend out..

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This doesn't have much pigmentation, I find it hard to get enough product on my brush. This blush is chalky and does not show up to much on my NC30 (yellow) skin tone. I think this would look better on lighter and cooler skintones. I personally don't like the formula, not pigmented enough does not blend well and my brushes don't pick up much of the product, I tossed it!

on 2/3/2015 1:52:00 PM

Just wanted to put it out there that this can be used on many skin tones, not just fair. I have medium olive skin -- it can run the gamut from cool-toned and pale in the winter, to warm and bronze in summer. Most bronzers (and powders, ugh) oxidize on me, but this never does, always shows up, always looks natural. It hasn't broken me out.

It's hard to find in stores but I finally just caved and got it on Amazon for like $7. Paired with the Everyday Minerals Itahara brush, this is all I need for contour.

on 7/16/2014 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Wonderful contour if you're fair-skinned. My only gripe is that the package is a bit small and I go through it quickly. The formula is perfectly matte and has just the right amount of pigmentation - you can be pretty slap-dash with this and it still looks good, it doesn't need a ton of blending to look natural. It makes a noticeable difference on me without looking overtly made-up. Long live NYX Taupe! May it never be discontinued!

Agreed this is a pale girls dream for contouring! I ordered this because I figured why not give it a try because using bronzer no matter how light a hand I used I just wasn't satisfied. On my skin because I'm so fair to me I just wasn't getting the results I wanted. So, when this came I was very happy because this colour works to give you that true shadow. It has a lavender base which is why it can pull red if you put too much on. I just barely touch my contour brush to the product and I get a nice amount. I have to use the smallest amount to begin with because if I over contour my face will look too thin.

So, for me less is more in getting my cheekbones the way I want them. For me I have high cheekbones so I just want some definition and this does that for me. Very universally flattering on most pale tones. I did my friends makeup and she's fair like me but different colourings and undertones and it worked fantastic on her skin as well. As others said if you are not on the pale end of the spectrum I could definitely see this turning muddy. A soft hand though is really all you need. When I swatched it I was impressed at how soft and buttery this feels!

I like using my RT Contour Brush then I blend or buff it out with the RT buffing brush. I use the small brush that comes with the core collection to contour my nose. I then use the buffing brush again. This shade Taupe is making my life so much easier with contouring because being so fair it is very hard to find the right color. If it get's muddy you are using waaay too much! A light hand is all you need to contour with this. So less is more with this shade I have found. I was even mixing shades or blending and blending with bronzer. So this shade is really just fantastic and I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase. Recommended!

on 3/11/2014 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

As someone with very fair neutral cool leaning skin, this is the perfect contouring product. It is not a very pigmented blush, but because I am very fair, this provides just the right amount of color, and I can build this up for more dramatic effect if I so wish. The color is an almost red leaning grayish taupe, with no hint of orange. Perfect for me in the long winter months, although I tend towards a slightly warmer contour in the summer. I will often use this as an eye shadow as well, it makes a very natural crease color.

The consistency is fine enough. It's not as smooth or buttery as it could be, but it is not chalky or powdery either. It blends out nicely, which is the most important thing when contouring. It could stand to last a bit longer on my oily skin, but since my face eats most products I apply to it, I can't really fault the product.

If you have a medium skin tone or anything deeper, I can imagine this wouldn't show up at all. If you have a very warm skin tone, I can imagine this looking ruddy or even dirty on you.

I haven't found any other product to match this in both quality and price point, so I will continue to purchase this again and again. It's a staple in my daily routine.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is the most perfect contouring shade for neutral/cool skin tones in the fair to light range. I wear MAC NW20, MUFE HD 117 for reference. I've repurchased this at least 3 times and will continue to do so. The product blends nicely and is just a touch on the sheer side, making it even more ideal for contouring. I use this with an oval shaped Ecotools brush and the pairing is perfection.