MAC Cosmetics black russian

MAC Cosmetics black russian

4.6

cyclopentasiloxane, c-11-12 isoparaffin, polybutene, paraffin, calcium aluminum borosilicate,jojoba seed oil, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, silica, ceresin, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, ozokerite, microcrystalline wax, tin oxide, calcium sodium borosilicate. May contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

I love it.Very smooth and very pretty.
The only downside is that it smudges. At the end of the day, I always get a bit on my lower lid. However, in terms of MAC pencil liners, it probably smudges the least.

Love this liner. It's my favorite black liner...it's great for a thin line, it's great for a thick line, and it's great for smudging. Plus, it's got a little shimmer. What's not to love?

on 4/28/2011 10:50:00 PM

Beautiful eyeliner. I almost always stick to brown, indigo or dark violet liner because black is too harsh on me. Black Russian is a muted black with navy/silver sheen and soft enough to look good on me. It really highlights my green eyes, too. This is perfect for a smoky eye but goes on clean enough to look sharp too. They are still available on Ebay and I plan on buying a backup for sure.

on 1/19/2011 12:26:00 PM

Loving my new Black Russian Pearlglide. Its a black color with a silvery blue glittery sheen to it! Perfect color withouth being too harsh black! This will be my new favorite for awhile! Only 1 complaint I have is since this is Limited Edition and no longer available to buy through MAC I ordered a brand new one off ebay - and the formula does not seem as smooth and creamy as the most recent Pearlglide I bought from MAC...

on 7/19/2010 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I had extremely high expectations for this product based on reviews. I mainly purchased this to use on my waterline but it couldn't hold for me.
It smudged and the sparkles were all over my eye area.
The colour is more of a grey/dark blue with sparkles.
Now I'm back to searching for that HG waterline liner.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this eyeliner. It's very easy to apply, glides right on! it has this subtle glitter which i find helps brighten up my eye a lot. Overall, LOVE IT. my favorite mac pencil!

on 6/15/2010 5:20:00 PM

Definitely one of my favorite impulse buys from MAC. The Black Russian is a nice little kohl with an enticing name that only further prompted me to purchase it due to my ethnic identity. It is a cool black with slate colored glitter that makes for some beautiful, quick and haphazard smoky eyes when you let it settle into your lashline. Many a times I have just used this liner and nothing else. It's that good.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

HG eyeliner! Dramatic, yet not as harsh as a pure black eyeliner. Best described as "gunmetal." Slight shimmer, not glittery or flashy at all. Lasts even through humid/hot/18-hr days!

on 4/14/2010 5:45:00 PM

I overlooked this eyeliner when it first appeared thinking it was too dark for me, but after trying and liking every other Pearlglide in the original collection except for one I decided to pick one of these up to try it. It quickly became my favorite, the most used color in the bunch. It's blue sparkles keep it from being too inky for me and the slightly smudged liner look suits me perfectly. It's also nice to be able to position the color exactly as I want it before it sets on my eyelid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love it. It's the ONLY liner to stay on my waterline for 12 straight hours! The glitters aren't unbearable, and the color payoff is excellent. Great consistency, wonderful color.