Ulta Girlie

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Tin Oxide, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 40 Lake.

on 5/26/2013 6:24:00 PM

I am writing this review since I just realized this blush is very close to the Lancôme sheer amourose blush. I put the two side by side and they are almost identical. I was faithfully using this until I received the Lancôme as a gift. Now I am stuck on the Lancôme. This is a great alternative if you are not able to shell out the 30.00 for the Lancôme. It is not exact but still a good blush. I may or may not repurchase depending on if I have the Lancôme.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Ulta claims that their Cheek Colors will "contour, highlight, and give cheeks a fresh glow. Long-wearing, silky powder glides across your skin, giving skin a fresh, natural, glow." Ulta offers a total of eleven shades, this review is for Girlie. I got a 6g (.21 oz) sample of this blush as a gift with purchase nearly two years ago. I've never thought much about this blush, yet for some reason I reach for it quite often. This blush retails for $7, and obviously can only be bought at Ulta and ulta.com. Ulta brand products are not tested on animals. This blush was made in China.
Packaging for Ulta's Cheek Color has gone through some changes since I got mine. My Cheek Color comes in a clear, round compact with the Ulta logo on the front. The new packaging is a black pan with a flip top with the Ulta logo. Either way, the packaging is pretty cheap and plain, not attractive, and really nothing much to talk about, so moving on.
Ulta's Cheek Color texture is not so good. It feels a little stiff in the pan, which is misleading because its actually quite powdery. Like when you swirl your brush in the pan, it kicks up a plume of powder. This blusher is decently pigmented, but the powderiness makes the pigmentation seem less intense than it is. Application is average, I don't think I've ever had a problem with applying any powder blushes. Where the real problem lies is the wear. Ulta's Cheek Color fades so quickly, I think it fades away almost completely after only four hours, which is kinda pathetic. I know there's no reason to have a scent to a blush, but Ulta's Cheek Color smells kinda like chocolate and that makes me happy.
I like the color of Girlie, which is the only reason that I haven't tossed it out yet. Girlie is a matte, warm, carnation pink with a dusty, slightly greyed quality to it. This shade is very flattering and natural on my very fair skin. I've been using Girlie to blend out a a brighter, more springy brush, to give it a seamless look when it meets up with my bronzer.
Ulta's Cheek Color in Girlie isn't very good. The texture is very powdery, which negatively impacts the pigmentation. While I really love the dusty carnation color, it barely lasts. I do not recommend Ulta's Girlie blush, there are far better blushes available in the $7 price range. Had this been a product I paid for I would've been a bit cross. I haven't had much luck with any Ulta brand products, except their lip glosses, so I think it'd be wise to avoid the brand in general. I wouldn't repurchase Ulta's Cheek Color in Girlie, but I'll continue to use it.

on 9/30/2008 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Girlie is a very pretty soft pink shade...it's very popular. We sell this one a lot. It's great for that living up the skin look.