Ulta Girlie

No Image

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Tin Oxide, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 40 Lake.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Ulta claims that their Cheek Colors will "contour, highlight, and give cheeks a fresh glow. Long-wearing, silky powder glides across your skin, giving skin a fresh, natural, glow." Ulta offers a total of eleven shades, this review is for Girlie. I got a 6g (.21 oz) sample of this blush as a gift with purchase nearly two years ago. I've never thought much about this blush, yet for some reason I reach for it quite often. This blush retails for $7, and obviously can only be bought at Ulta and ulta.com. Ulta brand products are not tested on animals. This blush was made in China.
Packaging for Ulta's Cheek Color has gone through some changes since I got mine. My Cheek Color comes in a clear, round compact with the Ulta logo on the front. The new packaging is a black pan with a flip top with the Ulta logo. Either way, the packaging is pretty cheap and plain, not attractive, and really nothing much to talk about, so moving on.
Ulta's Cheek Color texture is not so good. It feels a little stiff in the pan, which is misleading because its actually quite powdery. Like when you swirl your brush in the pan, it kicks up a plume of powder. This blusher is decently pigmented, but the powderiness makes the pigmentation seem less intense than it is. Application is average, I don't think I've ever had a problem with applying any powder blushes. Where the real problem lies is the wear. Ulta's Cheek Color fades so quickly, I think it fades away almost completely after only four hours, which is kinda pathetic. I know there's no reason to have a scent to a blush, but Ulta's Cheek Color smells kinda like chocolate and that makes me happy.
I like the color of Girlie, which is the only reason that I haven't tossed it out yet. Girlie is a matte, warm, carnation pink with a dusty, slightly greyed quality to it. This shade is very flattering and natural on my very fair skin. I've been using Girlie to blend out a a brighter, more springy brush, to give it a seamless look when it meets up with my bronzer.
Ulta's Cheek Color in Girlie isn't very good. The texture is very powdery, which negatively impacts the pigmentation. While I really love the dusty carnation color, it barely lasts. I do not recommend Ulta's Girlie blush, there are far better blushes available in the $7 price range. Had this been a product I paid for I would've been a bit cross. I haven't had much luck with any Ulta brand products, except their lip glosses, so I think it'd be wise to avoid the brand in general. I wouldn't repurchase Ulta's Cheek Color in Girlie, but I'll continue to use it.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Received this BN in a swap as an extra and I'll be honest I wasn't expecting to like it at all. But I was pleasantly surprised when I tested it for the first time. It's a beautiful medium pink-peach blush with a matte finish and surprisingly nice pigmentation. It stays put, is highly pigmented so you only need a little bit of it, and I find it really compliments my NW20 skin tone. It's odd how I reach for this now over many of the blushes I thought I loved before I tried this one. I love testing out new blushes so I'll keep sampling around, but I know I will repurchase this at some point. No doubt.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful color which gives that perfect healthy flush. However, this is low quality and after a 10 hour day I come home to find it worn completely off on one side of my face and migrated to one circular spot on the other side of my face. I looked like a cheap broken baby doll ugh!

on 9/30/2008 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Girlie is a very pretty soft pink shade...it's very popular. We sell this one a lot. It's great for that living up the skin look.