Bobbi Brown Metallic Lipstick Gilded Pink

No Image

3.0

This is not a very good lipstick. First, the color is a sort of ever-so-slightly frosted YLBB, on me at least (a lighter version of NARS Dolce Vita). I was hoping for a moisturizing version of MAC's Rambling Rose - a true pinky gold coral (I have trouble wearing MAC- they dry my lips out or worse, gunk up), but this isn't it. I hate reviews that criticize the product based on the color so let me move onto why this is so very meh. It is fairly dry, smells a little bit like slightly rancid oil, with a touch of Band-Aid thrown in, and has minimal color payoff. So all in all, not something I would repurchase. I like Armani Lipsticks alot better.

on 9/29/2008 7:43:00 PM

I am loving the new metallic formula lipsticks from Bobbi. First off, they don't have the in your face sickly sweet scent that her other lipsticks do and that's a winner for me! The formula is much creamier and therefore, not as long lasting as her original lipsticks. I really don't mind this aspect of it as I like the texture. I purchased in the color, Gilded Pink. It's a medium pink with some peach and very subtle gold pearl. It's an everyday neutral color for me and can easily be worn with a dark smokey eye. Overall, I am happy with the formula and probably will purchase in other colors.