MAC Cosmetics Hot Gossip - Cremesheen

MAC Cosmetics Hot Gossip - Cremesheen

4.2

on 8/23/2018 2:31:00 PM

People say it is a plum color but on me it looks pink mauveish. It is a very comfortable and creamy formula, it glides across lips very well. I received this lipstick as a gift and I was pleasently surprised. I wear it sometimes with crazy colored eyeshadow. Dunno if I will buy it once mine runs out because for a pink mauve lipstick I still prefer twig for it's finish, but overall, hot gossip is a finw lipstick.

Bought this because it looks very pretty in the tube. However, it looked horrible on me. I thought it was going to be close to Brave which is a favorite of mine. This one had a finish to it that made me look ten years older. I will be returning this for sure. I much prefer Brave over this.

on 1/3/2016 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Like another reviewer mentioned, this is a very shiny lipstick. It actually looks like a frost finish based on how shiny this is. The formula is very comfortable (cremesheen) and the colour is lovely - on me it's a very pretty pink-mauve (very much like the picture here. I'm n18-nc20). I really like it but my skin is oily, and this lipstick is so shiny, I feel like it's making my face look even worse. So I don't think I'll be buying this again.

Edit: Ok, it does look nice :) It's a pinkish version of Syrup, in a better formula. I like it.

on 9/1/2015 7:30:00 AM

The MUA told me this was a plum lipstick but on me it appeared like pink shimmer. I would recommend this for brides. The shimmer reflects nicely and would instantly brighten the face. But I feel there are so many dupes out there for this color and didnt feel like spending. So i skipped this.

on 8/23/2014 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this lipstick to replace a beloved discontinued Marcelle one. I thought it would be a natural pink with a hint of mauve on the NC30-35 skintone. It's an icy pink on me. In some lights, it looks okay but in other lighting, it's ghastly. I don't recommend this to anyone who's skin tone is darker that NC30 or NW 25. It's also a bit toooo frosty which makes me wonder why its a cremesheen and not a frost. For a natural pink try Fanfare by MAC. It's the BEST COLOUR EVAAA. Also really like Fig by Bite Beauty.

on 7/6/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This colour to me is a perfect 'my lips but better' shade, it glides lovely onto my lips and lasts a long time. It's slightly sheer I would say so I tend to build up the colour to get a more intense look. It's definitely a natural looking pink on my lips and I just love it, I wear it all the time. Sure there are probably a million other dupes out there but I feel that MAC lipsticks are worth the price and last me ages so I'll definitely be repurchasing!

Had it returned it I think this could be duped it is common and bland nothing to excite about.

This lipstick is great for everyday wear. I notice people say it's light on their lips, but it's dark on mine! It's like a dark purpley-pink. It's really nice when you want to add a pop of colour to your lips without going overboard. The pic on this page does not do it justice I think, it looks way more pink in the pic than it does in real life.

I have learned to love this lipstick as the time goes by. At the beginning I felt it was too light, almost unnoticeable. But after trying nude lipsticks to wear with a smokey eye, I discovered that nudes are not for me at all, they make me look sallow, so I started trying light pinks instead of nudes. Hot gossip is now my signature lippie for smokey eyes, I don't know why some reviewers find it "bright", to me is a "barely there" color (for reference I have fair skin, dark eyes, dark hair and slightly rosy lips). I will describe this color as a rosy lavander with cool undertones. It gives me a modest amount of color without making me look washed-out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hot Gossip is a plummy shade of pink, with a little bit of a silver sheen to it. I only have one other Cremesheen lipstick, and that's because it's not my favorite finish from MAC. When I don't want to fuss with, lip liner and just want something to make my lips look better, this is what I wear. I don't think I'll repurchase it though.