MAC Cremesheen - Fanfare

MAC Cremesheen - Fanfare

4.5

on 6/20/2016 8:41:00 AM

This is my favorite pink MAC lipstick that they make. It is a yellow based pink without any blue, purple, nor brown undertones. This lipstick can we worn alone or with many different makeup looks. This color compliments many looks and never contrasts your makeup. It's not too light, not too dark, not too nude, and not too bright. I like the light reflective qualities, and has better staying power than a gloss or the luster formulas while still being creamy.
I wear medium plus MAC BB cream, and my skin has olive undertones.
The perfect pink.

on 4/24/2016 12:15:00 PM

It was my first MAC lipstick and I must say that I am impressed. I would buy it again but in different shade. It stays on for quite a long time and it smells amazing. My face is pale and it looks natural on me. It doesn't make my lips dry like other lipsticks I have (except chanel).

To Read all 100 Reviews, Login or Join

A very nice medium rosy pink.
For people with pigmented reddish-pink lips, this is the perfect "my lips but better" colour.

The cremesheen formula his shiny and does not last extremely long, it is very comfortable to wear, though.

Highly appropriate for corporate workplaces! Brightens up the complexion (I have a medium olive skintone.)

on 12/19/2015 8:29:00 AM

I am very impressed by Fanfare! It's a pretty pink shade that is not too bright, not too nude. It's like your go to everyday pink lippie. :) staying power is not that good though, you really need to reapply after eating or drinking. But the shade is really pretty.

on 10/28/2015 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

After a particularly disappointing attempt to find the lip product for me at the drug store recently, I finally decided enough was enough, bit the bullet and went to Mac. I came out with 2 cream sheen shades - modesty and fanfare. Fanfare is my preference of the two as it adds a bit more colour to my face. Brightens everything up a bit! It's just a really, really pretty pink - I must be quite warm toned as the more blue based pinks just don't seem to work for me but this really does. Great for everyday. I tried on 'please me' which is apparently the matte version of this and I found it way too obvious I didn't like it at all as an everyday lipstick. I also found it really hard to apply. I love the finish on both my cream sheen colours and I find them very comfortable to wear, especially compared with my drug store disasters! I reckon they last about 2 hours, if you don't eat in that time! But they smell so good and I enjoy reapplying them so the comfort is worth the need to reapply for me personally. I have no other formulas to compare it to but I think cream sheen will probably be the one for me as someone with quite dry lips. These are not the colours all the bloggers rave about, but I'm an office girl and if I'm gonna spend £15.50 on a lipstick I want it to be one I can pick up any day of the week! I must have tried on about 8 different shades and most of the ones that have a lot of hype around them just plain didn't suit me - I'm taking to you Creme cup and velvet teddy!! Lipstick is such a personal thing. So go in store - swatch them - try them on - and definitely give some unsung heroes a try! I'm definitely a Mac lipstick convert I'm already researching what one to get next

on 10/15/2015 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Cute lipsticks shade! Great soft peachy pink shade for daytime use or to add a touch color to your face. Fanfare is a soft warm girly pink shade with a creamy formula.

Main downside to this lipstick is that it melts easily and I had to depot it when it was halfway down.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, I bought MAC Faux and I loveee it. But for my medium asian skin, Faux is too nude, the color is too light and makes my face look ordinary. But Fanfare is just great. I love the pink color with yellow undertone. It makes my face look brighter and fresher. It is not the very bright pink like Pink Nouveau or Flamingo, or St. Germaine, or Candy Yum Yum.

It's like the lighter pink version of Girl About Town. It's like Faux, but with deeper pink, and definitely not a nude one. I love love love it. The price is acceptable, the packaging is so elegant (as expected of MAC), very moisturizing (because it is Cremesheen), and it's just so making your face look more alive.

on 7/11/2015 3:31:00 PM

This is my number one wear-to-work lipstick! It's a subtle and gorgeous mid-toned pink that looks natural without being a nude. It provides a nice subtle pop of color, while looking simultaneously sophisticated and girly. It has a good wear time (though it does require touch-ups after coffee, meals, etc) and the formula is not too drying. It goes perfectly with multiple different types of makeup looks and outfits. Now that I finally have it, I can't believe I put off purchasing for long because "did I really need another pink lipstick?" Yes, apparently I did!

I just LOVE this lipstick! It was one I had initially overlooked as there isn't too much hype about it. I'm so glad I tried it! It is perfect for the day or night, in the office or out and about. I own 18 MAC lipsticks and this is in my top favourite 5 - the other favourites being Mehr, Cosmo, Velvet Teddy and Viva Glam V. This one is so versatile and although amplified creme is my favourite finish, I quite like the the finish of his lipstick. This lipstick really deserves more recognition! Always try before you buy and don't just purchase the shades with the hype surrounding them. The shades I have discovered on my own (with the exception of Velvet Teddy) suit me much better than the ones the bloggers rave about like Rebel or Syrup - two lipsticks that really do nothing for me! Try Fanfare, you won't regret it!

This was my first Mac Lipstick and it left me very happy and I didn't think of it as a waste of money. It's definitely one of my favourites as its so creamy and pigmented, I find that it lasts a very long time on your lips and doesn't dry them out at all. I don't need to apply lip balm underneath this as its so moisturising already and glides on very smoothly.

I like my lips either glossy or matte, I prefer how it looks that way instead of leaving these types of lipsticks alone. To make mine matte I gently cover the lipstick applied with a tissue and blot it with some loose powder on a brush over the tissue. It transfers the powder making the lipstick matte but keeping it still moisturising. I rather do that instead of getting matte lipsticks because they're usually very drying. :)