MAC Cremesheen - Fanfare

MAC Cremesheen - Fanfare

4.5

on 4/25/2018 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this shade as Joan Hollaway from Madmen wears it and she has very fair skin like me. For reference I also have dark blonde hair and grey eyes. My skin tone is neutral/warm.

This lipstick is perfect for everyday wear, it's a few shades brighter than my actual lips (which are naturally quite pigmented). The creamsheen texture doesn't make my lips look or feel dry which the matte shades tend to do.

I love the colour on me and I've tried a few Mac lipsticks to try find the perfect shade to suit me. My mum who has dark brown hair and a darker skin tone also looked nice with this lipstick and it seemed to look totally different on her!

Beautiful colour and I highly recommend it...wish it was cheaper but that's MAC for you!

on 2/26/2018 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Nobody beats MAC's lipsticks, especially for the price. This Cremesheen line is my favorite, because it gives me a perfect splash of color that is long lasting. I am NC15 in SFF, and Fanfare is a beautiful, everyday-type of pink for me. It applies evenly and smoothly, and one quick swipe on each lip deposits enough color to be done. Another MAC lip color winner!

on 11/16/2017 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I’m between fair and tan, it changes depending on the day, location, my mood (it’s weird, i know), but this colour seems to always just match me. Almost like it’s adjusting to me.
This is my first MAC lipstick, and I’m so lucky to have found the perfect colour for my skin. Will definitely repurchase.
I tend to have dry lips, so I’d usually apply lip balm -> sunscreen -> wait a while, then lipstick. It may not be the best idea nor it’s long lasting, but I’ll just re-apply it throughout the day if needed.

on 9/21/2017 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got one Mac lipstick all my life and it was a gift. It was ok but a bit drying in my lips. Although Mac has a wide range of colours I never could find the right colour for me. My mom prefers bite lipstick from Sephora because of lasting power and it doesn't dry out. Sorry. Mac has to improve formulation

on 9/19/2017 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love lipstick - but not all colors love me. This is fresh, and a perfect shade for anyone. It's lighter than it looks and goes from day to night easily. It's like my own lips but brighter.
I was stuck on mehr and on hold by Mac, and stumbled on this one by accident when I was going to Mac for another tube of Mehr.
This is pinker than mehr , no brown tone, almost salmon pink.
It's my new go to for an every day lipstick. Not garish. Not too bright . This lipstick somehow makes my entire face look better. Love it.

on 9/21/2016 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

My everyday go-to lipstick. Perfect for work and all seasons. Doesn't dry out my lips.
Ideal for light, warmer skin tones (I'm a NC15-20) but I'm tanned at the moment (NC30-35) and it looks superb. I will buy it again and it will continue to be one of my staples.

on 9/5/2016 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

For reference, i'm nc 25. This is the unsung hero, almost unheard of pink mac lipsticks which i found by accident when trying to swatch bombshell at mac counter... I never heard this lipstick being discussed in beauty blogs previously, unlike other popular pinks like please me, angel, creme cup, chatterbox etc..i owned 10 MAC lipsticks and so far this is the lipstick that i used the most. It is the prettiest pink, a mid-tone salmon pink, not too pale, not too bright, just nice to add extra color to brighten up your face but still look natural and classy. Not only the color itself is so pretty, i love it because of its versatility, can be to worn day and night, with light or heavy make-up and looks good even under different lighting. I would say this is the perfect pink for fair to medium warm skintone and worth to give it a try..

on 8/12/2016 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

To my surprise, I bought this at Macy's today. Brought it home only to find, it is the almost the same color as Only you lipstick by Mac from the Ellie Goulding collection.
Fanfare is just slightly pinker.I'm keeping it as I like the color it looks very pretty with my neutral skin tone, (it's light olive with just a tinge of pink undertone that most people don't see). It's not too bright or pale.A nice soft feminine color. It has decent pigmentation, feels moisturizing. You do have to reapply after a few hours. I'm in my early 50s, it looks classy, not trashy perfect for work, spring and summer. It's creamy not too shiny or matte. Pinks are hard to match with skin tones, this one does nicely for me and makes my teeth look whiter. It looks even nicer when I've had a little sun

on 6/20/2016 8:41:00 AM

This is my favorite pink MAC lipstick that they make. It is a yellow based pink without any blue, purple, nor brown undertones. This lipstick can we worn alone or with many different makeup looks. This color compliments many looks and never contrasts your makeup. It's not too light, not too dark, not too nude, and not too bright. I like the light reflective qualities, and has better staying power than a gloss or the luster formulas while still being creamy.
I wear medium plus MAC BB cream, and my skin has olive undertones.
The perfect pink.

on 4/24/2016 12:15:00 PM

It was my first MAC lipstick and I must say that I am impressed. I would buy it again but in different shade. It stays on for quite a long time and it smells amazing. My face is pale and it looks natural on me. It doesn't make my lips dry like other lipsticks I have (except chanel).