Nivea A Kiss of Protection Sun Protection Lip Care SPF 30

Nivea A Kiss of Protection Sun Protection Lip Care SPF 30

2.8

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octocrylene, Octinoxate, Oxybenzone, Titanium Dioxide. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Myristyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, C20 40 Alkyl Stearate, Copernicia Cerifera (Camauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Beeswax, Trimethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Yellow 5 Lake.

on 4/17/2016 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I liked this product! My lips are pretty dark and during the summer it gets burned. When you apply it, sometimes you can't even tell if you applied anything on because of its waxy feeling. I think it's a decent product, and the price is reasonable..

bought this on a whim because ive wanted some protection for my lips as well...there are already 28 degrees celsius in april here and while i do protect my face religiously, i have also noticed my lips always felt burned and dry after i got home despite using lip balm ..the UVA rays are no joke here
so anyways the reason i have bought this its because this was the cheapest alternative in the pharmacy ..i just wanted something cheap and effective which does its job , i did not had any expectancy for fancyness so ive just applied this on my lips without even looking in the mirror while i was still on my way home ...when i got home and actually looked in the mirror i was so embarrassed i looked like an embalmed corpse... this made my lips so pale and lifeless, it leaves an ugly white cast on your lips ..it feels moisturizing when you first apply it but it doesnt last long.. after 1 hour ive noticed the product feels like its completely gone from my lips without doing anything ...but thats ok since you can constantly reapply it (that is if you dont forget ) and theres enough product for it..but then again i dont know why its labelled as waterproof...ive come with a way to cope with the white cast and what i do is apply a generous amount of product on my lips and massage it gently until the color wont be as white anymore and over the top i apply a long lasting lipstick or lip gloss to give some color..

To Read all 66 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/20/2015 10:50:00 PM

I love Nivea lip balms and probably have tried every one of them. I first tried their lip balms when EOS just wasn't moisturizing my lips enough and a friend recommended this brand to me. The Sun one would probably be the fourth Nivea I've tried. Being in love with the first few ones I've had, I had high expectations for this one. The fact that it has spf 30 AND is from Nivea made me think that this was equally as great as the others.

But I was left disappointed. This lip balm made me rethink of purchasing Nivea lip balms again. It did not glide on as easily as Hydro Care and definitely did not moisturize at all. For me to wear this, I would have to wear another lip balm right under it. Weird combination, I know. In addition to doing the opposite a lip balm should do, it left this white residue all over my lip.

I know lip balm shouldn't be eaten but this simply tastes horrible. The others did not have that bad of a taste but this was just disgusting. I definitely wanted to love this item but it only left me disappointed.

I'm still buying Nivea lip balms, but just not this kind.

Although this lip balm has such a high SPF rating of 30, I don't recommend this lip balm.
It gave a massive white cast, which make me look very unhealthy. I was pointed out by someone asking why my lips looked so white. (I was so embarrassed). It was also too waxy and not moisturizing enough. Very disappointed.

Don't buy it if you want WHITE LIPS!

on 6/1/2015 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this on the 1 june 2015 in canada. This new formula contains avobenzone for UVA protection instead of titanium dioxide. The result: it doesn't leave a white residue like the old formula used to. for summer it's moisturizing enough but for winter it's not moisturizing enough for my standards (winter in canada is very though on lips). But I use it after a lip balm in winter if my lips are too dry just for the spf. In the summer I can put this underneath my lip color and it does a great job for moisturizing and for sun spf.
This new formula is a winner for me and it only costs 1.99 CAD. I'm very happy with it. Just make sure when you buy it the ingredient is avobenzone and not titanium dioxide.

on 2/18/2015 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Makes my lips drier than normal. The only plus is the spf. Will not repurchase.

on 8/22/2014 9:06:00 PM

This smells like a glue stick, it doesn't even moisturize. It gives my lips a white cast.
ugh, no. Would NOT recommend this to anyone who wants sun protection for their lips.
Keep looking.

on 6/29/2014 4:14:00 PM

Ewwww

-does not even moisturize my lips
- leave massive white residue ..makes me look dead -_-
- tastes chemicals at 100%

Desgusting!!!!

on 6/3/2014 9:18:00 PM

This makes my lips WHITE. The only way i can use this ( and i do) is i put a bit of olive oil on my lips, this my HG lipstick (Revlon Kissable pink or whatever). and then a tad bit of Rimmels apocalips in Nova. I will NEVER buy AGAIN.

Doesnt moisturize lips AT ALL but atleast it has spf and is waterproof..

Popular Lip Treatments