MAC Pearlglide Eye Liner in Wolf

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

4.6

cyclopentasiloxane, c-11-12 isoparaffin, polybutene, paraffin, calcium aluminum borosilicate,jojoba seed oil, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, silica, ceresin, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, ozokerite, microcrystalline wax, tin oxide, calcium sodium borosilicate. May contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 12/12/2009 9:45:00 PM

i loved my pearlglides in rave, flybyblu, and black russian. but unfortunately this one didn't work out for me. texture is smooth, color is pretty, but not it was too light to actually define my eyes, definitely not what i was looking for. if you're super pale and looking for something less dramatic than black and going for the no-makeup look this might work for you, but for the price i definitely couldn't justify buying it.

on 12/18/2008 10:57:00 AM

Ok, as a 37 year old woman who abhors glittery (shimmery is fine) anything on my eyes, I have to admit, this is stunning. I normally wear Clinique creamshaper in Egyptian on the top and waterline and I smudge Wolf along the bottom lashes for a smokey look. I've never experienced any fall out on my cheeks but the glitter in this one just makes my eyes pop a little more than usual. I've noticed a lot of people mention that this is too light to use as a liner. I don't personally find it that much lighter than Egyptian but I also have pretty dark eyelashes so maybe that makes it appear darker. To me this is a gunmetal grey with gold glitter. I don't see any of the taupe that some do. I have neutral coloring but tend towards cool shades. What I like about this liner is that the gold shimmer in it takes it from what should be a very cool grey to more of a warmed up neutral. I guess what I don't get is MAC. Why oh why do they make some of their best products LE and not permanent.

on 11/1/2008 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Sweet mother of all that's holy! This is the most gorgeous e/l I have ever seen or used. The color is indescribable. Like others have pointed out it can be grey or brown or bluish or purple. I wear this with whatever e/s looks nice with my outfit that day. (Yes, I know that's very 80's but it's what I do!) The shimmer to me is not OTT and after some smudging looks more like the liner is alive and bright but not glittery at all....ever. I wear it only on the bottom smudged out with some mid tones on my lids a la the Olsens. I'm 34 years old but never feel silly or overdone as a SAHM with wolf on. Oh, I also put this on my waterline. Still got my eyesight! I've bought 3 and will die if I ever run out. Lasts all day and is soooo soft and smooth. You MUST buy wolf!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This color IMHO is really a medium blue grey with a weird kind of golden sheen -- like a duochrome. If you look at your eyes once it is on though you really do see a grey with a tinge of blue. It is a great everyday color though -- not too dark -- rather subtle. It doesn't have the staying power of a power point however in spite of what you might read! It readily swiped off my eyes after 15 minutes. Does go on like a dream though -- definitely a keeper!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

on 10/7/2008 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Great eyeliner! I agree that this pencil liner looks like MAC Smoke and Diamonds eyeshadow from the Starflash Collection. The color is a smoky taupey grey with golden shimmer. It is soft and "glides" on the eye without tugging or skipping. It is super soft, smooth, blendable & smudgeable. But what I really like is that this eyeliner does not budge once it sets...it lasts all day on me, unlike MAC kohl liners. So, if you look the look of MAC's Kohl liners or Softsparkle pencils but hate the lasting power, try these new pearlglide eyeliners. Highly recommend & would buy again.

on 10/2/2008 6:03:00 PM

Awesome liner! It's a sparkly version of Smoke and Diamonds to me... a tad deeper and gorgeous! essentially a metallic taupe with pink/green/silver shimmer/sparkles in it... lasting power is great. Well worth it, have not come across anything similar in d/s. Applies like a dream also. No tugging.

Wore this today with the pinks from the cool eyes royal assets palette and smoke and diamonds. Pretty, subtle smokey daytime look. Love! LE.

on 9/30/2008 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The pearlglides are great new eyeliners from MAC. I recently bought a few of the kohls (Feline & Orpheus) but the pearlglides far surpass those in terms of staying power. To give you an idea, I swatched all shades on my hand at my local freestanding store, then proceeded to Sephora, and B&BW where I continued spraying, swatching, and wiping my hands w/ wipes. I even washed them in B&BW and through it all those pearlglides stayed strong. Very impressive considering some of MAC's other eyeliners. It seems that these can be smudged a bit if you desire, immediately after application but beyond those suckers are there to stay. They literally glide on and are very smooth!

Some ladies have described Wolf as taupey but on my skin it came out straight grey which is what I was hoping for. The shade seems to vary slightly on skintones so I'd swatch before purchasing if possible. Very flattering on my hazel eyes. I've been looking for another nice grey liner since my only other is Lithograph. They are shimmery and have a nice sheen to them which becomes more obvious when you smudge them a bit.

For reference I am LLL-MMM w/ yellow undertones, around NC20-25 in MAC, #3 in GA Face Fabric, and 30(Shell) in Chanel T.I.

Retails for 14.50 and LE.

on 9/29/2008 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this pencil! When I swatched it, I knew I had to make it mine. That, plus I love the name! ♥ I like that this pencil is a soft gray with minimal shimmer- sans chunky glitter- and that it glides on effortlessly. This is the perfect replacement for my Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on eye pencil in Gunmetal. I liked Gunmetal, until the chunky glitter started migrating into my eyes and causing irritation, then I had to stop using it. The Pearlglide pencils have some glitter, but it is so tiny and it stays put. A winning combination to wear around the eyes, and Wolf is the perfect, daytime eyeliner! EDIT 10/14/08: I wouldn't repurchase, pretty as it is. I bought 4 of these Pearlglides, and it turns out they all do shed glitter after application. (I guess that's why MAC doesn't recommend using these on the waterline.) I don't like pencils that shed glitter... so I won't be repurchasing or buying anymore similar. ***Yes to shimmer, NO to glitter***