MAC Pearlglide Eye Liner in Wolf

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

4.6

cyclopentasiloxane, c-11-12 isoparaffin, polybutene, paraffin, calcium aluminum borosilicate,jojoba seed oil, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, silica, ceresin, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, ozokerite, microcrystalline wax, tin oxide, calcium sodium borosilicate. May contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 5/2/2011 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love the wolverine colour, love the way it makes my eyes 'smoulder', love the way it easily glides on ... so why the heck did MAC discontinue this???? I've never even come close to finding a suitable dupe, so if anyone out there comes across, or knows of, one, please, PLEASE let me know. I'll be eternally grateful!!

on 6/24/2010 6:59:00 PM

Very nice eyeliner. It pretty much stays put all day and compliments my dark blue eyes. I think it's such a nice gray it would probably look great w/ anyone's coloring. Although it was a Limited Edition and isn't advertised on MAC's site you can still get it by emailing them. They have a program called "Gone but not Forgotten" where you can call & ask about a discontinued product (something that's been discontinued within the last 36 months) and they'll check their warehouse for it. If they have it, they'll send it right out. Mine shipped the day after I called! Great service!

This eyeliner is absolutely gorgeous! I wish it was part of MAC's permanent line. It's a beautiful mid-tone gray with multi-coloured glitter. But it doesn't look "glittery"; the shimmer is very pretty. As with all Pearlglides it has a wonderful smooth texture and lasts all day. This is probably my favorite e/l and I am trying to stock up on these!

(PPP, gray-blue eyes, light brown hair)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I was lucky enough to get the last two of these! All the hype was well deserved! I LOVE the pearlglide liners and I am so glad I bought them. Smooth smooth texture that goes on with no clumping. And this color is the perfect grayish silver. It is so gorgoues! A must see in real life. I wear it with a smokey eye for that extra pop! Love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Ugh. GORGEOUS color, great staying power...of course it's LE.

on 10/20/2008 9:36:00 AM

I share a lot of mskilicious' sentiments - Wolf is a beautiful shade, a metallic taupe/grey with subtle golden shimmer, reminiscent of Sweet Sienna, or even Smoke & Diamonds, at least on my lids. What I do love, although it's barely noticeable on my upper lids, is that when I apply it to the bottom, the darkness of my lashes makes it look like I've applied a black liner first, then took a silver powder shadow and lightly brushed it beneath.

Lasting power isn't bad, but it doesn't smudge. I don't see myself buying a back up of this LE product - it's special, but not the type of color I use regularly, and I don't foresee ever using this one stick up.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this product. Wolf is a gorgeous shade, mid tone silvery/grey/taupe with golden shimmers. It reminds me a great deal of Sweet Sienna pigment. Today I have Sweet Sienna on the lid, and Wolf lining the lower lashline and it's hard to distinguish between the two.

Wolf is very pretty on, however I can only really use it as a pencil eyeshadow (it's a bit too light on its own for good upper lashline definition), or as a liner on the lower lashline. I'm loathe to use it as an eyeshadow because I will run out very quickly. Although it's very pretty used that way, it's not economical in my opinion.

I have other issues with it...

1) When I remove my eye makeup at the end of the day, the glitter gets everywhere and goes in my eyes.
2) It's SO soft that I will run out quickly. It needs frequent sharpening.
3) It's LE (LE annoys me, the end.)
4) Pearlglides are shorter pencils than Kohl Powers by about an inch, so you get less product to start with.
5) It doesn't have great staying power on my eyes for some reason. Swatched on my hand it lasts forever, on my eyes it fades considerably during the day, even over UDPP.

If you have Sweet Sienna and are a dab hand at lining with it wet, then you probably don't need Wolf. I clicked yes to repurchase, but it's more of a maybe really.

on 10/18/2008 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After hearing such great things about this liner I had to go see it in person. I swatched it and fell in love with the silver color that suprisingly did not turn blue on me, which was a good thing. It had tiny tiny gold glitter that is beautiful yet not over the top. I felt completely comfortable wearing this to a work meeting and then adding a bit more for my night time look, hot!! The texture is soooo smooth going on, I have never felt an eyeliner that was so buttery like this one. I wear it all day and have no smudging,smearing or transferring. I love this!!!!

on 9/29/2008 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i swatched these on my hands and fell in love w/ the pearlglide liners. i'm so sad these are LE! i kept staring at my arms and how pretty and sparkly the liners were...and my husband noticed and as a joke (a mean joke lol) he decided to rub my arms to try and wipe the liners away. to no success! they stayed put! mind you when he did this i had it swatched on my arms for about 10 mins. he seriously couldn't rub it off. this color in particular reminds me of a darker version of smoke and diamonds e/s in liner form. i'll have to test it out on my eyes as soon as i buy these because i only swatched it to test out how good the staying power is. and i have to say it is amazing. took me a bit of work to wash it off my arms.
UPDATE: finally tried these on my eyes and it lasted ALL day w/ out smudging or budging. awesome quality! mac needs to make these permanent!

on 9/29/2008 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this pencil! When I swatched it, I knew I had to make it mine. That, plus I love the name! ♥ I like that this pencil is a soft gray with minimal shimmer- sans chunky glitter- and that it glides on effortlessly. This is the perfect replacement for my Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on eye pencil in Gunmetal. I liked Gunmetal, until the chunky glitter started migrating into my eyes and causing irritation, then I had to stop using it. The Pearlglide pencils have some glitter, but it is so tiny and it stays put. A winning combination to wear around the eyes, and Wolf is the perfect, daytime eyeliner! EDIT 10/14/08: I wouldn't repurchase, pretty as it is. I bought 4 of these Pearlglides, and it turns out they all do shed glitter after application. (I guess that's why MAC doesn't recommend using these on the waterline.) I don't like pencils that shed glitter... so I won't be repurchasing or buying anymore similar. ***Yes to shimmer, NO to glitter***