MAC Cosmetics Pearlglide Eye Liner in Wolf

No Image

4.5

cyclopentasiloxane, c-11-12 isoparaffin, polybutene, paraffin, calcium aluminum borosilicate,jojoba seed oil, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, silica, ceresin, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, ozokerite, microcrystalline wax, tin oxide, calcium sodium borosilicate. May contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 10/11/2008 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to love this liner as my HG, I really did.... But I can't. The color is a nice gray and has a small amount of gold glitter in it. I say glitter instead of shimmer because it's possible for the glitter to fall, as it did on me within minuted of applying it. The color didn't show up much on my waterline either, and migrated down to my lashes within an hour.
Luckily the color hasn't smeared at all. I even took a nap i it and it really hasn't moved. Not my HG, but not bad at all, and certainly worth the $14.50.

EDIT: I've changed the review down to 2 mainly because I just can't get used to the lack of pigmentation and glitter fallout. I've tried it as a shadow as well, but the color fades on my lids in an hour, is very sheer, and still very glittery. I really wanted to love this too. :(

on 12/12/2009 9:45:00 PM

i loved my pearlglides in rave, flybyblu, and black russian. but unfortunately this one didn't work out for me. texture is smooth, color is pretty, but not it was too light to actually define my eyes, definitely not what i was looking for. if you're super pale and looking for something less dramatic than black and going for the no-makeup look this might work for you, but for the price i definitely couldn't justify buying it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I missed out on the Mac Smoke & Diamond e/s, so I heard this eyeliner was a good dupe color of it. I can't compare the two, but I'm very happy with the color.

Pro:
- Glides on like a dream, very buttery
- Pretty, pretty color.

Con:
- Unfortunately, doesn't stay on my lower eye line - I think I have to keep it on my upper lids =(
- I know most people don't mind, but I hate sharpening things - it feels wasteful
- Price is okay, not stellar cheap, but not spoil-myself expensive either. Hate that it's LE because it makes me not want to use it!

It's a great color, very unique and goes on wonderfully (even though it doesn't last for me). If you can get it, GET it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this product. Wolf is a gorgeous shade, mid tone silvery/grey/taupe with golden shimmers. It reminds me a great deal of Sweet Sienna pigment. Today I have Sweet Sienna on the lid, and Wolf lining the lower lashline and it's hard to distinguish between the two.

Wolf is very pretty on, however I can only really use it as a pencil eyeshadow (it's a bit too light on its own for good upper lashline definition), or as a liner on the lower lashline. I'm loathe to use it as an eyeshadow because I will run out very quickly. Although it's very pretty used that way, it's not economical in my opinion.

I have other issues with it...

1) When I remove my eye makeup at the end of the day, the glitter gets everywhere and goes in my eyes.
2) It's SO soft that I will run out quickly. It needs frequent sharpening.
3) It's LE (LE annoys me, the end.)
4) Pearlglides are shorter pencils than Kohl Powers by about an inch, so you get less product to start with.
5) It doesn't have great staying power on my eyes for some reason. Swatched on my hand it lasts forever, on my eyes it fades considerably during the day, even over UDPP.

If you have Sweet Sienna and are a dab hand at lining with it wet, then you probably don't need Wolf. I clicked yes to repurchase, but it's more of a maybe really.

on 10/18/2008 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Limited edition eyeliner.

PROS:
- Beautiful, gun metal unique colour
- Glitter makes is so pretty
- Does not smudge
- When tested on hand, lasted for agesss, over 24 hours!

CONS:
- When used on eyes, disappeared in around three hours, leaving behind glitter particles
- At the end of the day, clumps into hard to remove glitter clumps. Not attractive.
- Pretty pricey
- Limited edition

on 6/24/2010 6:59:00 PM

Very nice eyeliner. It pretty much stays put all day and compliments my dark blue eyes. I think it's such a nice gray it would probably look great w/ anyone's coloring. Although it was a Limited Edition and isn't advertised on MAC's site you can still get it by emailing them. They have a program called "Gone but not Forgotten" where you can call & ask about a discontinued product (something that's been discontinued within the last 36 months) and they'll check their warehouse for it. If they have it, they'll send it right out. Mine shipped the day after I called! Great service!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this color. It is a nice way to achieve the sultry smokey eye look without using the typical black liner. I have a love/hate relationship with the consistency though. It goes on like butter, but for that very reason you will not be able to make very precise lines. This pencil will never pull at your eye.

The pearlglides are super smooth and blendable. Of course, they're LE. I thought this color would be too cool/light for me but the SA showed how to use this like an e/s and I get the most amazing smoky eyes; I just use a regular black liner on top. I have brown eyes/ MMM.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a beautiful eye pencil and I am so sad that it is L/E :( It glides on super smooth, beautifully pigmented, the colour is a gorgeous, charcoal, slightly shimmery grey, I heart the colour so much. This colour is really brings out the blue of my eyes, and I wear it nearly everyday, just with my blacktrack fluidline or a liquid liner. It lasts fairly well on my lids, but I hav normal skin, not oily. I would definately buy again if they relaunch it in another line.

on 1/16/2009 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Paired nicely with MAC lithograph fluidline. However this is not everyday for me, this is too cool. I love the steel grey shade and the texture, but my eyes cannot pull this off. I'll experience more with this later with cooler shadows and see how it goes.
I still love the shade though.