MAC Cosmetics Pearlglide Eye Liner in Wolf

No Image

4.5

cyclopentasiloxane, c-11-12 isoparaffin, polybutene, paraffin, calcium aluminum borosilicate,jojoba seed oil, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, silica, ceresin, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, ozokerite, microcrystalline wax, tin oxide, calcium sodium borosilicate. May contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

I had to stop by and give high marks for this pencil. I agree with the previous reviewer.. these pencils are excellent. The texture is yummy and it goes on like a dream.

When I took a look at the display, Wolf wasn't one that immediately caught my eye. I am NW20, red hair, green eyes. Normally I pick warm colors. However, when I swatched Wolf, Iconsidered going outside my comfort zone. Wolf is a steely grey. It's very sexy.

I used this pencil with my Cult of Cherry Spiced Chocolate palette and it was spectular.

Not approved for the water line though.. so keep that in mind!

Texture. I hate cheapie pencils because I'm over 40 and I have to retain every little bit of elasticity in my eye area. I refuse to pull and tug or drag a crappy pencil across my eye. Pearlglide liners are creamy and buttery. Easy on. Didn't migrate and looked great until I wisked it off with my makeup remover.

The glitter factor was a moot point. I didn't see any glitter in my look and thank goodness. I would have passed. Even with the 'glitter' present in the liner, it did not bother my contacts.

Released in late September 08 with Suite Array.

Price. No issue. Worth the Mac price tag. Wish they were not LE.

on 9/27/2008 4:47:00 PM

I love this liner! All of these new pearlglide eye liners are absolutely amazing. The texture is super smooth and the liner does not budge. I got this because I had the idea that I could recreate Jewel's "Dramatic" look in Kevyn Aucoin's Making Faces book. I used wolf to line my eyes top & bottom, smolder eye kohl on my water line, smoke and diamonds on my lid, print in the crease, nylon and reflects gold near my tear ducts and carbon smudged along the lashline. This look was gorgeous! I really was not amazed with smoke and diamonds but now I think I can use it with Wolf to create something really stunning. I really like this liner because it is eye brightening & metallic, not necessarily glittery.

on 6/24/2010 6:59:00 PM

Very nice eyeliner. It pretty much stays put all day and compliments my dark blue eyes. I think it's such a nice gray it would probably look great w/ anyone's coloring. Although it was a Limited Edition and isn't advertised on MAC's site you can still get it by emailing them. They have a program called "Gone but not Forgotten" where you can call & ask about a discontinued product (something that's been discontinued within the last 36 months) and they'll check their warehouse for it. If they have it, they'll send it right out. Mine shipped the day after I called! Great service!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this product. Wolf is a gorgeous shade, mid tone silvery/grey/taupe with golden shimmers. It reminds me a great deal of Sweet Sienna pigment. Today I have Sweet Sienna on the lid, and Wolf lining the lower lashline and it's hard to distinguish between the two.

Wolf is very pretty on, however I can only really use it as a pencil eyeshadow (it's a bit too light on its own for good upper lashline definition), or as a liner on the lower lashline. I'm loathe to use it as an eyeshadow because I will run out very quickly. Although it's very pretty used that way, it's not economical in my opinion.

I have other issues with it...

1) When I remove my eye makeup at the end of the day, the glitter gets everywhere and goes in my eyes.
2) It's SO soft that I will run out quickly. It needs frequent sharpening.
3) It's LE (LE annoys me, the end.)
4) Pearlglides are shorter pencils than Kohl Powers by about an inch, so you get less product to start with.
5) It doesn't have great staying power on my eyes for some reason. Swatched on my hand it lasts forever, on my eyes it fades considerably during the day, even over UDPP.

If you have Sweet Sienna and are a dab hand at lining with it wet, then you probably don't need Wolf. I clicked yes to repurchase, but it's more of a maybe really.

on 12/18/2008 10:57:00 AM

Ok, as a 37 year old woman who abhors glittery (shimmery is fine) anything on my eyes, I have to admit, this is stunning. I normally wear Clinique creamshaper in Egyptian on the top and waterline and I smudge Wolf along the bottom lashes for a smokey look. I've never experienced any fall out on my cheeks but the glitter in this one just makes my eyes pop a little more than usual. I've noticed a lot of people mention that this is too light to use as a liner. I don't personally find it that much lighter than Egyptian but I also have pretty dark eyelashes so maybe that makes it appear darker. To me this is a gunmetal grey with gold glitter. I don't see any of the taupe that some do. I have neutral coloring but tend towards cool shades. What I like about this liner is that the gold shimmer in it takes it from what should be a very cool grey to more of a warmed up neutral. I guess what I don't get is MAC. Why oh why do they make some of their best products LE and not permanent.

on 10/27/2008 11:27:00 PM

I bought this sight unseen because I couldn't find it at any of the MAC counters near me. It really is a beautiful color. It's lighter than I expected and I really think it's a bit too light for me for lining. Like others have mentioned it's mid tone grey with gold glitter. I see nothing remotely resembling the taupe color that others mention. It looks straight gun metal grey to me. But whatever color it is it's lovely. It doesn't last on my waterline at all but it does seem to stay on my upper and lower lids just fine. Not any better than my Powerpoints though. All-in-all I do like it. The color's not exactly what I wanted or what I need but it does look good on me and I'm sure I will use it up. Edit: O.k. I went and bought 2 back-ups. I'm still not giving it 5 stars but it's really lovely and I am reaching for it a lot.
From L to R MAC Wolf, MUFE Bronze Green (5L), MAC Powerpoints in Forever Green and Buried Treasure.

continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Gorgeous! Limited edition release from the Suite Array Collection released September 2008. Comes in standard MAC pencil form and retails for $14.50.

These liners are touted as "A creamy kohl-like eye liner with a sparkly, reflective finish. Highly pigmented: stands out for its rich, luxurious colours and pearl-metal look. Provides eye-catching, highly stylized contrast for any look. Smooth. Glides on. Feels comfortable. Long-wearing. Available in eight trend colours.
1.45g / .05 US OZ."

Wolf is a gorgeous shimmery taupe color. Simply stunning. Really does remind me of SHU ME945 in a pencil form. Lasted all day with very slight smudging. (I did notice FlyByBlue smudged more than Wolf). Color is stunning with my brown eyes. Love this and would repurchase. Limited edition!

on 5/2/2011 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love the wolverine colour, love the way it makes my eyes 'smoulder', love the way it easily glides on ... so why the heck did MAC discontinue this???? I've never even come close to finding a suitable dupe, so if anyone out there comes across, or knows of, one, please, PLEASE let me know. I'll be eternally grateful!!

on 11/1/2008 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Sweet mother of all that's holy! This is the most gorgeous e/l I have ever seen or used. The color is indescribable. Like others have pointed out it can be grey or brown or bluish or purple. I wear this with whatever e/s looks nice with my outfit that day. (Yes, I know that's very 80's but it's what I do!) The shimmer to me is not OTT and after some smudging looks more like the liner is alive and bright but not glittery at all....ever. I wear it only on the bottom smudged out with some mid tones on my lids a la the Olsens. I'm 34 years old but never feel silly or overdone as a SAHM with wolf on. Oh, I also put this on my waterline. Still got my eyesight! I've bought 3 and will die if I ever run out. Lasts all day and is soooo soft and smooth. You MUST buy wolf!

on 10/18/2008 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After hearing all the raves about this eyeliner; i jumped on the bandwagon and ordered myself wolf and fly- by- blu from their website. Since they had free shipping. This is a great eyeliner; it's everything that i wanted my powerpoint and shu e/l pencils to be.

Pencil eyeliners are my one beauty item that i have the most difficult time with; since it usually disappears or smudges (unintentionally).

Since I have oily skin; i tested it out by applying art deco primer and kid e/s and applying e/l on my lashes.

After 3 hours I was surprised it was still there (usually eyeliners smudge off or disappear on me). And I love the glitter; it's just perfect not too much that you feel like a disco queen.

On mac's website it describes it as a deep grey with shimmer. I usually don't like darker (black eyeliner) but it's a great color for those who want to try a slightly darker eyeliner.

Unfortunately it's LE (like all great things from mac). And yes i did get a backup of this product.