MAC Cremesheen - Modesty

MAC Nude LipstickCremesheen - ModestyCremesheen - Modesty

4.5

on 9/2/2016 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This isn't a bad color, I really like the creamsheen formula. Reason I would not rebuy is that it has a gray undertone that pulls kind of strongly on me. Patisserie, Syrup,and Brave are similar pinks on me that have a nice finish without the gray tones.

Its biggest downside is the microshimmer in it. Mac has terrible lighting in their stores! It sure fooled me...it's barely visible in swatches and online pics...i thought it was just the creamy finish.

It's a beautiful shade, my kind of shade. It's creamy and smells amazing. It lasts quite a bit but nothing extraordinary for its price (I was hoping for more since it costs as much as 8 Essence lipsticks in my country).

All is good and well until in hits the 1.5-2 hour mark. Then, the microshimmer in it starts settling into my dry lips, especially in the often flaky inner area, where it starts feeling dry. Towards the end of it's wear, it looks bad, shimmer settled into my dry areas and not enough color to hide it.

I had to choose betwheen this one and creme in your coffee as they didn't have cosmo (I wanted to dupe my beloved discontinued Avon Modest mauve- yeah, it was perfect, creamy, mega moisturizing and flattering and long lasting for its finish...crazy because it was Avon but it is what it is).

Creme in your coffeee was closer to it but the mac girl suggested modesty looked better on me after trying both on, i guess fearing that it may be too *gasp* dark for my fair skin and DARK features - what about a burgundy, then? Or she is oblivious to the 90's neutral lip revival and thought it may be too brown - I used to think that, too...4 years ago! (another annoying thing-she slightly overdrew my lips in a rounder shape. wth, i like my own defined cupid's bow better, thanks. others struggle to create one and she hides mine).

I should've gotten Creme in your coffee. I couldn't return this as she gave me no receipt and even if she did (i asked about returning stuff when buying a concealer - another bad choice, it sits unused), you can't return anything over here unless it gives you a bad rash. Maybe they should be fair and not paint there store black and use strong lights so people would not make bad choices in the first place! Even so, one should have the right to return anything.

Now it just sits unused in my make up bag. Used it a few times indoors. It looks bad after you eat and it's only shimmer. I'll try to use it now, in the summer. Maybe it will be harder for it to dry down in this heat.

So...NO MORE mac for me!

To Read all 171 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Am I the only one who isn't in love with this lipstick? My girl friend gave me this and ruby woo for my bday. Since it was a gift I had to pretend like I loved it :( it's just ok to me, it's a color that can easily be duped by a drug store brand. Im not a fan of the cremesheen formula because it doesn't last long. But hey everyone is different.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Nude pinks are a must for me,especially for work, school or if I wanna go for a nude lip that fits every eye makeup. Modesty is a fleshy pink nude, a sexy MLBB shade. I always feel comfortable while wearing this since it has a cremesheen finish and its colour doesn't call "Attention, bitches!". You will love this nude shade, it makes your lips stand out in a natural way. I bet this will be my first MAC lipstick that I need to repurchase soon (I have over 30 MAC lipsticks and wear them rarely because of the price and the fear that they will be discounted (Never dare you, MAC!).) And that means something for a lipstick junkie like me.

I love this lipstick! I have seven Mac lipsticks and this is the one I have been reaching for constantly. It is the perfect pinky nude. It is the same color as my lips pretty much but it gives me a polished look. Definitely MLBB! It is a creme sheen formula so it also gives my lips a beautiful sheen. It is perfect for running errands and low key events where you don't want a bolder lip. It would also go amazing with a smokey eye. For reference I am NC20-25. I am fair-medium but this is one of those shades that could work for many different skin tones.

The lasting power is about 3 hours since it is a creme sheen formula. But when it fades, it fades nicely and evenly.

on 2/12/2016 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely gorgeous. On me (NC 20, dark blonde) this is the perfect fleshy nudey-yet-slightly-rosy pink; my lips but sexier, if that makes sense. It has climbed on top of my list of favourite lipstic and nowdays it's my every day go-to. Works with any kind of makeup really. Couldn't be more pleased with this shade.
The formula is not bad either; goes on smooth, does not accentuate fine lines or gather into them, soft and creamy and relatively comfortable. The scent is your typical MAC vanilla scent, which I happen to love, and the packaging is also standard.
I would recommend this to anyone.

on 1/17/2016 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hardly ever wear lipstick but this one is really nice and understated. I really prefer emphasising my eye make-up, but for my wedding day the make-up artist recommended this and it was really nice and natural.

on 12/11/2015 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful soft pinky nude color but the formula of this lipstick sucks. Mac creamsheens melt easily in the tropical climate where I live and they also don't last long on the lips. I had to depot mines and my other cremesheen, Mac Brick-o-la, I keep it in the fridge. Too much maintenance!

on 12/2/2015 2:44:00 PM

This is one of my Top Ten MAC lipsticks, I love it! it's a gorgeous muted neutral pink shade with just a hint of peachiness to it that's pretty much almost exactly the same as my natural lip color. I'm a MAC NW20 and it's just perfect for my skin tone. When I want something on my lips that's as natural looking as possible but still gives a "finished" look to my overall makeup look I reach for Modesty first thing.

As far as wear time goes, It's a cremesheen formula so, it wears off fairly quickly and needs to be reapplied about every hour or so. That doesn't bother me at all really, it's not drying at all and I can even use it without lip balm. With a lipliner of course the wear time is extended exponentially, I like using it with MAC's lip pencil in Subculture. Overall I'm a huge fan of this lipstick, LOVE!!!!

I love this lipstick. This is my go to everyday nude that I wear to work, it is a beautiful and classy colour. On my current nc20 skin it shows as a brownish pink nude. Glossy and creamy so no dry bits on my lips either!