MAC Cremesheen - Modesty

MAC Nude LipstickCremesheen - ModestyCremesheen - Modesty

4.5

on 4/2/2017 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My daughter's friend (makeup artist) used Modesty lipstick by MAC on her for her prom makeover, to pair with a smokey eye. Wow! This color is the perfect neutral to pair with a dramatic eye! It doesn't wash you out, nor is it too bold. I bought Modesty for myself today at the MAC counter; and it must be a popular color because they were out of stock in the drawer, and the MAC MUA had to go into their storage room to bring more out. She told me they were stocked up yesterday and she was surprised they were all gone already. I could not wait to get home and try it on for myself, and when I did? I LOVE it! Very impressed with the finish, feel on my lips, and the color with my skin tone. My new HG lipcolor! It reminds me of MAC Cherish, only it doesn't look as dry on my lips and it feels more moisturizing. I don't know how I missed adding this beautiful Cremesheen finish lipstick to my MAC collection!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my ALMOST everyday lipstick which I adore because it looks so fresh, clean and polished. Wearing this either a full face complete with black winged liner or completely bare - has gotten me a lot of compliments. I have worn this shade to work, out on the town, and even the gym (so I don't look dead after an intense Sunday-morning workout even though I may feel dead!).

on 12/10/2016 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love this! I just picked this up at my local mac store and I'm obsessed it's so hard to find a lip color like this it's the perfect nude-pink-rose. Might be my wedding lip color!!

on 9/2/2016 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This isn't a bad color, I really like the creamsheen formula. Reason I would not rebuy is that it has a gray undertone that pulls kind of strongly on me. Patisserie, Syrup,and Brave are similar pinks on me that have a nice finish without the gray tones.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Am I the only one who isn't in love with this lipstick? My girl friend gave me this and ruby woo for my bday. Since it was a gift I had to pretend like I loved it :( it's just ok to me, it's a color that can easily be duped by a drug store brand. Im not a fan of the cremesheen formula because it doesn't last long. But hey everyone is different.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Nude pinks are a must for me,especially for work, school or if I wanna go for a nude lip that fits every eye makeup. Modesty is a fleshy pink nude, a sexy MLBB shade. I always feel comfortable while wearing this since it has a cremesheen finish and its colour doesn't call "Attention, bitches!". You will love this nude shade, it makes your lips stand out in a natural way. I bet this will be my first MAC lipstick that I need to repurchase soon (I have over 30 MAC lipsticks and wear them rarely because of the price and the fear that they will be discounted (Never dare you, MAC!).) And that means something for a lipstick junkie like me.

I love this lipstick! I have seven Mac lipsticks and this is the one I have been reaching for constantly. It is the perfect pinky nude. It is the same color as my lips pretty much but it gives me a polished look. Definitely MLBB! It is a creme sheen formula so it also gives my lips a beautiful sheen. It is perfect for running errands and low key events where you don't want a bolder lip. It would also go amazing with a smokey eye. For reference I am NC20-25. I am fair-medium but this is one of those shades that could work for many different skin tones.

The lasting power is about 3 hours since it is a creme sheen formula. But when it fades, it fades nicely and evenly.

on 2/12/2016 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely gorgeous. On me (NC 20, dark blonde) this is the perfect fleshy nudey-yet-slightly-rosy pink; my lips but sexier, if that makes sense. It has climbed on top of my list of favourite lipstic and nowdays it's my every day go-to. Works with any kind of makeup really. Couldn't be more pleased with this shade.
The formula is not bad either; goes on smooth, does not accentuate fine lines or gather into them, soft and creamy and relatively comfortable. The scent is your typical MAC vanilla scent, which I happen to love, and the packaging is also standard.
I would recommend this to anyone.

on 1/17/2016 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hardly ever wear lipstick but this one is really nice and understated. I really prefer emphasising my eye make-up, but for my wedding day the make-up artist recommended this and it was really nice and natural.

on 12/11/2015 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful soft pinky nude color but the formula of this lipstick sucks. Mac creamsheens melt easily in the tropical climate where I live and they also don't last long on the lips. I had to depot mines and my other cremesheen, Mac Brick-o-la, I keep it in the fridge. Too much maintenance!