MAC Cremesheen - Modesty

MAC Cremesheen - Modesty
MAC Nude LipstickCremesheen - ModestyCremesheen - Modesty

4.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I don't know why I've not reviewed this one yet because I love it! Modesty is one of my go-to lipstick shades. It is a gorgeous nude, with a good balance of pink and brown. On me, it is a perfect my lips but better shade. It makes me look put together, and gives my lips a perfect shine and uplifted colour. I adore this shade, I reach for it all the time and doubt I'll ever be without a tube of it. As it has a cremesheen finish, it applies opaquely but leaves the lips with a bit of a glossy shine. It doesn't dry out my lips, sink into any liplines or cause any flaking. I think this lipstick would suit most skin tones. It is a lovely everyday shade and I would recommend it to anyone. Modesty is truly one of my MAC favourites.

on 5/19/2017 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

My favorite nude Mac lipstick. Your lips but perfect, not better, perfect. It is not drying, feels nice on your lips. You do have to reapply after a few hours. I find lipsticks that are not drying need to be applied more often. That's just fine with me to keep my lips from turning into a dried out scaly mess. It has a subtle sheen and is just so darn versatile. I can wear it to work, with jeans and a t-shirt, or a night out with a smokey eye. It has enough color that it doesn't wash you out. It's on the edge of not being a nude. It's an anywhere, anytime, with anything color. I have light olive skin with subtle cool undertones. I think of this as a natural beauty lipstick

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm never without a tube of Modesty in my stash! Modesty is the perfect color for anything and everywhere! It's a no fail for many skin tones. I'm NC40 and Modesty is a nice neutral mid tone mauve. I've worn it to funerals to dates to interviews. It's also the only tube of lipstick that I've actually used up and repurchased. The formula is a cremesheen which is a nice comfortable "cushiony" formula that isn't sticky, drying or slippery.

on 4/2/2017 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My daughter's friend (makeup artist) used Modesty lipstick by MAC on her for her prom makeover, to pair with a smokey eye. Wow! This color is the perfect neutral to pair with a dramatic eye! It doesn't wash you out, nor is it too bold. I bought Modesty for myself today at the MAC counter; and it must be a popular color because they were out of stock in the drawer, and the MAC MUA had to go into their storage room to bring more out. She told me they were stocked up yesterday and she was surprised they were all gone already. I could not wait to get home and try it on for myself, and when I did? I LOVE it! Very impressed with the finish, feel on my lips, and the color with my skin tone. My new HG lipcolor! It reminds me of MAC Cherish, only it doesn't look as dry on my lips and it feels more moisturizing. I don't know how I missed adding this beautiful Cremesheen finish lipstick to my MAC collection!

on 12/10/2016 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love this! I just picked this up at my local mac store and I'm obsessed it's so hard to find a lip color like this it's the perfect nude-pink-rose. Might be my wedding lip color!!

on 9/2/2016 5:25:00 PM

This isn't a bad color, I really like the creamsheen formula. Reason I would not rebuy is that it has a gray undertone that pulls kind of strongly on me. Patisserie, Syrup,and Brave are similar pinks on me that have a nice finish without the gray tones.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Am I the only one who isn't in love with this lipstick? My girl friend gave me this and ruby woo for my bday. Since it was a gift I had to pretend like I loved it :( it's just ok to me, it's a color that can easily be duped by a drug store brand. Im not a fan of the cremesheen formula because it doesn't last long. But hey everyone is different.

Nude pinks are a must for me,especially for work, school or if I wanna go for a nude lip that fits every eye makeup. Modesty is a fleshy pink nude, a sexy MLBB shade. I always feel comfortable while wearing this since it has a cremesheen finish and its colour doesn't call "Attention, bitches!". You will love this nude shade, it makes your lips stand out in a natural way. I bet this will be my first MAC lipstick that I need to repurchase soon (I have over 30 MAC lipsticks and wear them rarely because of the price and the fear that they will be discounted (Never dare you, MAC!).) And that means something for a lipstick junkie like me.

I love this lipstick! I have seven Mac lipsticks and this is the one I have been reaching for constantly. It is the perfect pinky nude. It is the same color as my lips pretty much but it gives me a polished look. Definitely MLBB! It is a creme sheen formula so it also gives my lips a beautiful sheen. It is perfect for running errands and low key events where you don't want a bolder lip. It would also go amazing with a smokey eye. For reference I am NC20-25. I am fair-medium but this is one of those shades that could work for many different skin tones.

The lasting power is about 3 hours since it is a creme sheen formula. But when it fades, it fades nicely and evenly.

on 2/12/2016 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely gorgeous. On me (NC 20, dark blonde) this is the perfect fleshy nudey-yet-slightly-rosy pink; my lips but sexier, if that makes sense. It has climbed on top of my list of favourite lipstic and nowdays it's my every day go-to. Works with any kind of makeup really. Couldn't be more pleased with this shade.
The formula is not bad either; goes on smooth, does not accentuate fine lines or gather into them, soft and creamy and relatively comfortable. The scent is your typical MAC vanilla scent, which I happen to love, and the packaging is also standard.
I would recommend this to anyone.

Popular Lipsticks