MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen - Modesty

MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen - Modesty
MAC Nude LipstickCremesheen - ModestyCremesheen - Modesty

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is very natural pink that's a great everyday color. It's not too far off from my natural lip color. Modesty fades gracefully so you don't have to keep touching up. Very wearable and good for the office. It's great with my medium-fair complexion and yellow undertones. Creemsheen is one of my favorite MAC finishes. Good staying power, full enough coverage so you know it's there but not too heavy. A lot to like in this shade.

MAC Cremesheen lipstick in Modesty is my go-to lipstick for practically any occasion. I am very pale skinned and this is a gorgeous & sophisticated pink/mauve, definitely a MLBB shade. The formula is smooth, opaque & creamy as per usual with Cremesheen. I can see why some people dislike the formula as you do need to reapply after 2-3 hours or after eating/drinking.
I find it lasts slightly longer & fades better with a lip liner. I’ve been combining Modesty with Whirl lip pencil and they look beautiful together!
MAC Modesty is a must have in my makeup collection.

on 7/13/2018 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This color in the tube looks like it could be another mauve nude, but it actually looks quite dark mauve on my light to medium skin tone. I love it though! However, I am not a fan of the Mac cremesheen formula at all... It feels creamy and hydrating upon application, but almost to the point where it's too creamy. I do have to make sure my lips are very well exfoliated and completely smooth before I apply this formula, otherwise it will emphasize the texture way more than most of my other lipsticks would. Another con - it does not last on me (almost gone within 2-3 hours even without eating). I think these might be not big issues for those who love and are used to wearing creamy lipstick formulas. I personally am more into long-lasting mattes or just transparent high-shine glosses. Mac's cremesheen is something in between and it's not my cup of tea.

I don't know why I've not reviewed this one yet because I love it! Modesty is one of my go-to lipstick shades. It is a gorgeous nude, with a good balance of pink and brown. On me, it is a perfect my lips but better shade. It makes me look put together, and gives my lips a perfect shine and uplifted colour. I adore this shade, I reach for it all the time and doubt I'll ever be without a tube of it. As it has a cremesheen finish, it applies opaquely but leaves the lips with a bit of a glossy shine. It doesn't dry out my lips, sink into any liplines or cause any flaking. I think this lipstick would suit most skin tones. It is a lovely everyday shade and I would recommend it to anyone. Modesty is truly one of my MAC favourites.

on 5/19/2017 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

My favorite nude Mac lipstick. Your lips but perfect, not better, perfect. It is not drying, feels nice on your lips. You do have to reapply after a few hours. I find lipsticks that are not drying need to be applied more often. That's just fine with me to keep my lips from turning into a dried out scaly mess. It has a subtle sheen and is just so darn versatile. I can wear it to work, with jeans and a t-shirt, or a night out with a smokey eye. It has enough color that it doesn't wash you out. It's on the edge of not being a nude. It's an anywhere, anytime, with anything color. I have light olive skin with subtle cool undertones. I think of this as a natural beauty lipstick

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm never without a tube of Modesty in my stash! Modesty is the perfect color for anything and everywhere! It's a no fail for many skin tones. I'm NC40 and Modesty is a nice neutral mid tone mauve. I've worn it to funerals to dates to interviews. It's also the only tube of lipstick that I've actually used up and repurchased. The formula is a cremesheen which is a nice comfortable "cushiony" formula that isn't sticky, drying or slippery.

on 4/2/2017 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My daughter's friend (makeup artist) used Modesty lipstick by MAC on her for her prom makeover, to pair with a smokey eye. Wow! This color is the perfect neutral to pair with a dramatic eye! It doesn't wash you out, nor is it too bold. I bought Modesty for myself today at the MAC counter; and it must be a popular color because they were out of stock in the drawer, and the MAC MUA had to go into their storage room to bring more out. She told me they were stocked up yesterday and she was surprised they were all gone already. I could not wait to get home and try it on for myself, and when I did? I LOVE it! Very impressed with the finish, feel on my lips, and the color with my skin tone. My new HG lipcolor! It reminds me of MAC Cherish, only it doesn't look as dry on my lips and it feels more moisturizing. I don't know how I missed adding this beautiful Cremesheen finish lipstick to my MAC collection!

on 12/10/2016 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love this! I just picked this up at my local mac store and I'm obsessed it's so hard to find a lip color like this it's the perfect nude-pink-rose. Might be my wedding lip color!!

on 9/2/2016 5:25:00 PM

This isn't a bad color, I really like the creamsheen formula. Reason I would not rebuy is that it has a gray undertone that pulls kind of strongly on me. Patisserie, Syrup,and Brave are similar pinks on me that have a nice finish without the gray tones.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Am I the only one who isn't in love with this lipstick? My girl friend gave me this and ruby woo for my bday. Since it was a gift I had to pretend like I loved it :( it's just ok to me, it's a color that can easily be duped by a drug store brand. Im not a fan of the cremesheen formula because it doesn't last long. But hey everyone is different.