Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Body Wash

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hands down this has become my favorite body wash. In the summer months it feels so cooling and refreshing on the skin. I typically have pretty sensitive, rash prone skin and this body wash soothes and calms my redness and itch. Overall, it lathers and cleans nicely without leaving a gross layer of soap film (heres looking at you Dove). The best part....3$ for a bottle that lasts me forever. 3$! I love this stuff and i hope it never gets discontinued.

We don't have a Trader Joe's in Canada where I live and I always wanted to check it out after hearing so many things about it. I actually went there for food items while visiting the US and imagine my surprise when I saw all the great health and beauty items I bought a couple of soaps and body washes this being one of them.

I was so pleasantly surprised at the nice quality of this wash. I have always liked tea tree oil items and this one was excellent. Smelled good, lathered nice and the consistency was perfect for a wash. its wasnt goooy or toi cream like. Packaging was simple but was a good designed bottle for handling with wet hands.

on 8/27/2016 5:57:00 PM

It's cheap. It's tingly. It smells like a peppery peppermint. It cleans and lathers well. That's all.

I really enjoy this in the summertime, so refreshing and nice. Super affordable and great ingredients. Would repurchase.

on 5/26/2015 5:38:00 PM

Love this stuff! I bought this on a whim at Trader Joe's, mainly because I've been looking to find a more natural body wash without nasty chemicals and when I saw the ingredients list I was very impressed! It has a lot of natural antibacterial oils very high up on the list (tea tree, eucalyptus, rosemary, etc) and is probably the most all natural body wash you can find out there. Couldn't wait to get home and try it, and since I had just worked out, it was amazing! This would be a great body wash for summer months or after a workout, or just to wake you up in the morning :) the smell is perfect for me - not too overpowering, and there is still a slight hint of minty freshness on your skin afterwards. I am prone to dry skin but this didn't seem to dry me out after my shower, which is a big plus!! Also can't beat the price and packaging, you get a pretty huge bottle for under 4 bucks! Definitely new HG body wash. Update: I don’t know if they change the formula, but the last bottle I bought had a very overwhelming menthol-ish smell that was NOT there in previous bottles!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been using this daily for about 2 weeks. I use it both as a body wash and as my facial cleanser. I absolutely love this product! It's a HG for me.
The bottle is fine, typical easy to use. I wish it was a pump, but I wish everything was in a pump bottle. The price was $3.99 which is cheap for such a fantastic product.
The ingredients in this product are amazing. The smell might be overwhelming to some people, but I find it light and refreshing.
It lathers incredibly well and cleans thoroughly. It leaves everything feeling super tingly which I enjoy.
This product has also helped clear my face and back acne. My skin has looked and felt so much better since using this.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I use this as a body wash during the hotter months - love the scent (I think it leans more towards peppermint vs. tea tree) and the cold tingle is very refreshing after a hot day/night.

With less than 1/8 remaining in the bottle, I added a little water and used it to clean the bathroom sink and bathtub. Even diluted, once I started scrubbing it produced enough foam to clean, and it left the sink & bath sparkly clean with no residue.

Here's the BEST part: it didn't induce an asthma attack or wheezing, and I'm sensitive to most household cleaning products. Supposedly tea tree oil as antibacterial properties, so I'll try using this in the kitchen too. If you are sensitive to the fumes from most household cleansers, and can tolerate the scent of essential oils (peppermint, tea tree, eucalyptus), consider trying this.

I will buy this again to use as a body wash. Regarding effectivenss as a bathroom & kitchen cleanser, I just started using it for that purpose, so time will tell.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I actually prefer Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree line to this one. The TJ's one is nice but just not tingly/cooling enough for me. SO loves it though! It was cheap and it does smell nice. I just like a strong tea tree scent and tingle.

on 6/29/2013 4:11:00 AM

What a refreshing body wash. Really recommend this if you REALLY need a shower and need to feel clean. You feel really revitalized afterwards.

Great, refreshing scent. Nice in the morning or after the gym to wake me up and invigorate me. My boyfriend also looooves it, very unisex. My only complaint is that the tingliness, i think from the tea tree oil, is a little too tingly to use on my ::ahem:: ladyparts.

Popular Gels/Soaps