Bobbi Brown Metallic lipstick Dusk

No Image

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I've wanted and lusted after this color for awhile now, and after reading the review below I decided to finally go for it. I absolutely love BB's lipsticks and love neutrals, and "Dusk" was no exception!

On me it's a dusky, shimmery brownish-mauve and it's now my go-to color for a night out. Like the other reviewer wrote it can be a bit overwhelming straight out of the tube, but use a light hand or a lip brush and it's turns into a very sultry color on the lips. A nice gloss would look amazing over this color as well.

I'm usually not a shimmer fan, but BB's metallic lipsticks will not give you that horrible 1980's frosted look. It's a more glowy, glimmery look that looks classy and polished at the same time. Perfect!

I also got the Metallic lipstick in "Brown" and I'm just as pleased.

Yes, BB is quite pricey, but when I think of the hundreds of crappy lipsticks I've bought over the years it's well worth it to finally find the right colors. I've already got quite a few of hers and have many more on my list!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was excited to try the metallic lipcolors, and find a new addition to my team of about 300 other lipstick! I first tried the Iced Mauve lipgloss and wanted a lippie under it. I was between Silver Haze and Dusk. I ended up choosing Dusk, which is a neutral brown with just a hint of burgundy (at least on me). I have a neutral, medium light skintone and my hair is dyed copper red, so I was looking for a nice neutral shade. The color is very dark if applied just out of the tube--too much for the day on my skintone, however, after I applied it then blended with my fingertips, it was perfect. I nice, neutral shade which looks very classy. If you like browns, I'd definately try this one!

Popular Lipsticks