MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick - Dare You

Filtered by eye Color : Green
MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick - Dare You
MAC Dare YouCremesheen Lipstick - Dare YouDare You MAC CreamsheenCremesheen Lipstick - Dare You

4.7

on 10/1/2011 9:08:00 PM

Went to MAC with a B2M looking to get either Dubonnet or MAC Red and came away with Dare You. Beautiful worn full on or sheered down with a touch of gloss. Just a perfect red...also makes teeth look whiter than white.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful red. Although in some lights it appears to be a soft burgundy red. Not too brown, bright, or blue/yellow in tone. It's the perfect mix. I love the shine, but these require a lipliner at all times. Without it I had some bleeding around my lips. It's a stunning shade. One of my all time favorite reds from any line! It's a very hot shade, and I wear it on dates. Update: Found a dupe for it... Sula Cosmetics is new, and their shade Love At First Sight is a dead ringer for Dare You. Even the shine and texture is the same! Only I think I prefer the Sula shade because it doesn't slide as much.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

On my own lips this marvelous "Dare You" colour has absolutely no "slip", & it also lasts for hours: so I'm wondering if these 2 issues, as highlighted by the last MUA'er, have something to do w/ a certain skin-type (eg, "acne-prone" -- as opposed to "normal", "dry", or "combination"). According to friends who have acne-prone skin, slipperiness & lastingness often are a basic hassle for them when it comes to so many lipsticks, i.e. not just Mac & not just "Dare You" -- as well as when it comes to so many different cosmetic products in general, including most foundations, primers, concealers & so forth. But if you have the other types of skin, &/or if slipperiness is just not an issue for you in general, then "Dare You" is such a glorious take on a true-red colour, what w/ its most unusual maple leaf undertones [& wonderfully, NO "skewing pink" problems for ANY of the reviewers here!] that it's completely worth trying! (Also, unlike the MUA'er before me, on my own lips absolutely no OTT shimmery-ness thingies, nor any microfine particles, are evident w/ "Dare You" -- but then that's part of the beauty of MUA : i.e., seeing how items react similarly for some & yet so differently for others.) And for the MUA'er who hypothesized that "Dare You" might look great on ultra-fair skin, my answer is a loud & clear YES!!! In fact it's a downright marvel on milk-white skin b/c the contrast is so marked, & yet the colour is sophisticated & polished enough to look chic & pulled-together, rather than an oddball example of WNTW. // And btw, if you order "Dare You" from Mac Online & find it doesn't work for you for ANY reason, Mac allows returns on ALL its online products including after you've opened & tried the products; AND they give you a 100% refund -- so what have you got to lose in trying a beautiful $14 lip colour like this? Indeed, I hadn't even bought or worn ANY Mac lipsticks for over a decade, until quite recently -- for I agree w/some of the other MUA'ers here: preferring the distinctive NARS family of red lipsticks is such an almost mindlessly easy choice, especially their knock-out Semi-Mattes & Satins. However, having recently chosen a handful from MAC Online just for a change of pace, I've been pleasantly surprised by several, & "Dare You" is DEFINITELY 1 of the Major Winners, along w/ a few others including "Hot Tahiti", "Rebel", & "Berry Boost". (That latter's an already killed-off Mac Red that MUA'ers so raved about, I raced right over to Ebay & found it -- & am I thrilled that it was there!) // Conclusion? "Dare You" is a Serious Keeper: indeed, so much so that I've already bought The Back-Up, since we Never Know when Mac's going to pull the plug on ANY of their best colours! // [PS: And if experiencing "slip" causes any trouble in wearing "Dare You", as the 1 sweet member here says it did in her case, it's such a divine colour you just might want to try Revlon's "Bali Brown" -- which, despite its name, is a beautiful & very "wearable" red that's ALMOST EXACTLY the same colour as Mac's "D.Y." -- yet "Bali Brown" is made w/ a completely different consistency & texture.]

on 2/22/2009 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the most wearable reds around - it really demistifies the theory that you cannot wear red lipstick in daytime!!
On me (NC20) it looks like a rich warm red with a slight brown undertone. Love the formula, too, as it's creamy and non drying. Together with Hang Up this is my favourite Cremesheen lipstick - I will definitely buy again!

on 1/2/2009 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love red lipsticks but most of them turn fuchsia on my already fairly pink pigmented lips. Some of my favourite red lipsticks are Clinique Buttershine #Cranberry Cream and Almost Lipstick #Black Honey but they're sheer reds and I was looking for a more pigmented, darker brick red lippie. Some people mentioned MAC #Dubonnet or #Dare You. After reading the reviews I chose #Dare You. I have to say, it's a gorgeous colour! On my pale, cool- to neutral toned NW10 skin it's quite a dark red lipstick with some brown in it. Not too brown, but just enough to make the red a true red w/o any pink in it. This shade even makes my teeth to look whiter! The formula is creamy, moist, pigmented and fairly long-lasting. Nice vanilla scent. Great lipstick for a sophisticated, glamorous look. A winner! Update: I find the texture too drying so I switched to Clinique l/s #Tabasco instead.

on 11/11/2008 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Thumbs way up for Dare You!

It is the very sliiiightly brownish deep red for which I was hoping when I bought Dubonnet, sight unseen, from MACís website a couple of years ago.

I own countless wine/berry-red MAC lipsticks: So Scarlet, Rocker, Rapturous, Rougette, Wild ĎBout You, and undoubtedly others whose names slip my mind.

Dare You is special, though. As another reviewer observed, Dare You somehow looks deep without looking dark. Itís a little difficult to accurately describe the color of Dare You; itís a berry red thatís more red than berry, but itís definitely not a bright true stoplight red, either. I like Dare You with Red Enriched or Burgundy liner, depending on whether I want to bring out the red or the burgundy tones of the lipstick. Dare You is very similar to Dubonnet, but has more red in it.

In fact, the two shades are so similar that probably nobody except a true lipstick obsessive such as I would want both.
Ah, yes, the formula: Dare You is the first and only Cremesheen Iíve tried. It feels creamy and moisturizing, and has a very glossy, almost acrylic like finish. Of course, the trade-off is less than superlative lasting power, but itís still respectable. Iím pretty certain that most will want to wear liner with Dare You, especially if feathering/bleeding is a problem.

I think this is a permanent item, and Iíll gladly repurchase when I use this one up.

I would *certainly* buy Dare You again, instead of Dubonnet.

continued >>

Like a brighter, clearer Rage, with a hint of red pearl. I couldn't really wear Queen's Sin or Port Red. This is perfect.