MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick - Dare You

MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick - Dare You
MAC Dare YouCremesheen Lipstick - Dare YouDare You MAC CreamsheenCremesheen Lipstick - Dare You

4.7

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Best red lipstick in my collection. The tone is perfect for my skin colour and the sparkle just makes the lipstick vibrant. Works for any occasion, whether casual day out shopping or a special event. Very hydrating and glides nicely on my lips. I don’t need to use a lipliner with this lipstick as the colour holds well and rarely faded. One of my best blind buys.

When I got this with B2M I opened it and swiviled up the lipstick completely. It was in the bright sun and both my H and my son leaned in close and went ' holy shit what an amazing color.' The pristine, virgin bullet of this lipstick is a jewel to behold. Perfection! On the lips the magic continues, it is the most wearable red I have ever worn. Definitely a universal red that would suit any skincolor/haircolor...a no brainer color. I will get a lot of wear out of this, day, night, summer, winter, there is no waiting for the right moment. Wear it with confidence... I Dare You.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The best red lipstick and my HG for sure.I’m NW15 and usually I wear a lot of eye make up which doesn’t suit with your regular reds as Ruby Woo and Russian Red that are at least for me better with winged eyelimer and simple eye.I love make eyes heavily and need more of a glossy light lips.This red is perfect since with one swipe is light red with gorgeous gloss (perfect for summer),with more swipes it gets more color and it’s amazing vampy red if you pair it with dark lipliner especially.I love easy application just like regular lip balm,without having to use a brush or clean the edges with concealer and so on.It’s not drying since it’s not mat formula.It’s the easiest red lipstick to wear that gives you gorgeous finish,multiple uses (glossy,light stain if you dab it with fingers and even deep dark with lipliner),time saving and perfect on the go.I hughly recommend it.

on 1/3/2017 5:10:00 AM

This is a deep red with very slight brown undertones (not at all muddy) and a barely visible sheen/shimmer. It's quite a classic red on my NC42 complexion. I can see why some people describe this as a brick red, but on me it's a brick red with no orange or muddy tones, nor is it magenta or pinkish.
I like the cremesheen formula, it's not as drying as matte MACs. This colour is slightly glossy and lasts pretty well throughout the day.
I like MAC's price and packaging and the longevity of the product, both on my lips and in the tube (doesn't dry out quickly). It's a great colour and I'd repurchase if I didn't already have loads of red lipsticks.

on 12/4/2015 7:50:00 PM

Gorgeous gorgeous color it is shiny too so doesn't look too dark it has a sparkle if u look closely at it in the tube. I really adore this lipstick.

on 10/3/2015 8:26:00 PM

I bought one the other day - shoulda bought more. Please, MAC, keep this color in your Creme Sheen formula collection - love it!

on 11/25/2014 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

i realize that i'm a little late to the dare you party, but i just wanted to weigh in that this is a TREMENDOUSLY BEAUTIFUL color. i have nothing to add to what's already been said, other than i highly recommend and will replace this tube when i run out. a really fabulous red

I just got a second tube so I don't run out. I like this lipstick alot the formula is smooth and creamy and applies good with one stroke it is a deep shimmery shiny burgandy and its nice it is like MAC diva but in a cremesheen formula they are the same color I wear this with loreal true burgandy liner and it is a nice match I also tried on party line and they are very similar so I just bought two of the dare you but try it the shine it gives is really nice.

on 5/9/2014 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a great vampy winter red.

Im not the biggest fan of creamsheen formula but with the colour and staying power of this lipstick I can forgive it.

This shade doesn't get the attention that it deserves

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My first mac lipstick. I looked for a dark red lipstic and this one was the darkest red there (I wanted more red) but when I tried it on I absolutely loved it! Lasts for hours, especially when I put mac's lip prep + prime underneath.