MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick - Dare You

Filtered by age: 25-29
MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick - Dare You
MAC Dare YouCremesheen Lipstick - Dare YouDare You MAC CreamsheenCremesheen Lipstick - Dare You

4.5

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The best red lipstick and my HG for sure.I’m NW15 and usually I wear a lot of eye make up which doesn’t suit with your regular reds as Ruby Woo and Russian Red that are at least for me better with winged eyelimer and simple eye.I love make eyes heavily and need more of a glossy light lips.This red is perfect since with one swipe is light red with gorgeous gloss (perfect for summer),with more swipes it gets more color and it’s amazing vampy red if you pair it with dark lipliner especially.I love easy application just like regular lip balm,without having to use a brush or clean the edges with concealer and so on.It’s not drying since it’s not mat formula.It’s the easiest red lipstick to wear that gives you gorgeous finish,multiple uses (glossy,light stain if you dab it with fingers and even deep dark with lipliner),time saving and perfect on the go.I hughly recommend it.

on 5/9/2014 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a great vampy winter red.

Im not the biggest fan of creamsheen formula but with the colour and staying power of this lipstick I can forgive it.

This shade doesn't get the attention that it deserves

on 2/18/2013 6:56:00 AM

I have both russian red and ruby woo, but dare you is the red lippie I reach for the most. This is a very wearable red, not as dark as russian red, not as in your face as ruby woo. I love the texture, granted it is a bit drier than other cremesheens, but the wear is so much longer.
It is a darkish red with a slight sheen that is beautiful as a stain or as a full on color. This is probably one of the most overlooked red lippie in the mac permanent line.

on 4/4/2012 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this lipstick through B2M ,surprisingly wearable red lipstick ,feels creamy, moisturizing ,very easy to apply and non drying.

its a red with a slight brown undertone, really a stunning red .

I dont like it much, its not that creemy like the other cremesheens I have. And it dosent go on my lips nice.. sorta slides down to the lip line, yes I should try applying a lipliner to keep it on, but I have tried other cremesheens and those I have no problems with staying on without a linner. I wont buy it I like the dubonnet more. I like how it feels and stays on. Its almost the same colour.

on 3/2/2011 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

One of the best reds I've ever encountered for my skin coloring (sort of like Halle Berry)!! I wear this to work often and never feel like my mouth is screaming for attention. I find red can be tricky with darker skin and fuller lips, but this is the perfect shade that compliments my skin tone beautifully. Good wear if I'm not eating/drinking, but it does transfer easily. I don't mind reapplying though :) I would definitely buy this again if/when I run out!

Dare You is probably my favourite red by MAC so far, but this isn't your classic red creme lipstick. It is more of a bitten, been making out - type red lipstick. The formula is really slippery and it will bleed and smear all over your teeth if you do not blot it. Lipliner won't help because this lipstick wears off easily leaving a red ring around the mouth. Once blotted though this lipstick leaves a gorgeous stain with slight sheen. Up close you can actually see little red shimmers which really makes the lips look plump and juicy. This lippie wears comfortably for a MAC lipstick. I'm only rating this 4 lippies because it does take a little work to apply and the lasting power isn't great. But I got this for free through the back2mac program so I'm not complaining!

on 3/3/2010 1:39:00 AM

This is my fourth colour from MAC's Cremesheen Line. I first bought Lickable, Stay in Touch, and Brave Red. I purchased Dare You from ebay since it's cheaper. I just received it today and it's a blood red colour unlike the bright cherry of Brave Red. It looks darker from the tube but goes on sheer. I think I'll be able to wear this during day to night. It brightens up my face and makes my teeth look whiter. :) Will buy again!

UPDATE: I noticed Cremesheens tend to bleed a little. Bought Urban Decay's lipstick primer and it stays in place! makes it a bit on the matte side though. and feels like im wearing a thick layer of lipstick.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My search for a red lipstick is over.Its true to color plus the cremesheen formula is great.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful red. Although in some lights it appears to be a soft burgundy red. Not too brown, bright, or blue/yellow in tone. It's the perfect mix. I love the shine, but these require a lipliner at all times. Without it I had some bleeding around my lips. It's a stunning shade. One of my all time favorite reds from any line! It's a very hot shade, and I wear it on dates. Update: Found a dupe for it... Sula Cosmetics is new, and their shade Love At First Sight is a dead ringer for Dare You. Even the shine and texture is the same! Only I think I prefer the Sula shade because it doesn't slide as much.