Shiseido Benefiance Pure Retinol Instant Treatment Eye Mask

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Shiseido  Benefiance Pure Retinol Instant Treatment Eye Mask

on 2/17/2017 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It's a shame these eye masks are so expensive--if they weren't, I would use a pack every single night. They're the only thing I've seen make a difference for lines under my eyes.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Heavily fragranced, contains alcohol and pretty high on the ingredients list - not every alcohol is bad, but the type of the alcohol is not named.

One star is mostly because of its ridiculous price. There are retinol products out there, like retinol moisturizers, without fragrance, lasts for a longer time and cheaper than these masks considering how long they last. I'm generally not a fan of paper masks as they work exactly the same as moisturizers/serums, the only difference is instead of applying the cream/serum with your fingers, you apply it with paper, so while they can be fun, they are not necessary or better than a moisturizer/serum.

Even on the box of this mask it's advised to use 2-4 days a week. There are only 12 masks in the box for $63 in the USA, more expensive in some other countries like mine. If you were to use the masks three times a week, the box would last only a month. There are definitely cheaper alternatives that are better.

My experience with the product is, I saw absolutely no difference on my fine lines or anything else after using it twice a week for two weeks. It also gave me a single milia.

P.S. While I can believe some people might see some good results even after the first use, some positive reviews on MUA about this product gave me the "I guess either they see what they want to see, or they had dehydrated skin" suspicion. Retinol is the only scientifically proven ingredient that might help to reduce the look of your wrinkles. HOWEVER, google it and you'll see yourself, it is said the difference (if you will see any) generally starts to show itself after 3-6 months. Even if we assumed it might work faster on some people, it just cannot work as fast as "I used it once or twice, and noticed a difference." Which makes me suspect some good reviewers here either saw what they wanted to see, or they had dehydrated skin and any good moisturizer would temporarily reduce the apperance of wrinkles - dry skin can make your lines appear more afterall.

on 3/27/2014 10:21:00 AM

This is a very good product. I use it once a week alternating it between SK-II eye mask.

I feel my under eye area is much more firm and hydrate next morning and this is one of the product that I will keep on using.

The packaging is very good and I am totally into it.

on 2/19/2010 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eye mask is wondeful, love it, love it, love it.
After using this, pufiness is down and the eye area is very well hydrated!

on 3/4/2009 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I adore these little eye masks. I was very skeptical about using this product because of the price but I received it, along with the face masks, as a gift so I thought it can't hurt to try. They don't erase lines, I'm sure there's no OTC product for that but they do decrease puffiness and make lines appear less visible. They also feel great on, very hydrating and a little cooling too which is great for me when I'm feeling under the weather. I also use them before going out at night and my friends keep telling me I look so refreshed. Definitely a keeper!

Video Reviews & Tutorials