Shiseido Benefiance Pure Retinol Instant Treatment Eye Mask

Shiseido  Benefiance Pure Retinol Instant Treatment Eye Mask

3.7

on 9/17/2016 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

well, I was a big Shiseido fan for years - before I discovered Korean skincare brands.
I used this eye mask for years and liked it a lot because there weren't any effective retinol products on the market at all. Although I always thought the price tag was horrendous.

About two years ago they changed the formula of the ingredients and since that time, the 12 pieces-pack is even more expensive and it is now heavily fragranced.
Positive about this: yes, it does work around the eye area - moderately. It's not bad, but since it has that much frangrance in it I don't like it much anymore.

But the reason this only gets two lippies from me is that there are about 30 Korean skincare brands who offer fantastic under-eye retinol masks which work a lot better and cost comparably nothing - and the ingredients are better. (and as an add-on not unimportant for me: Korean skincare brands are mostly without animal testing - Shiseido is one of the brands still doing those tests)

While this Shiseido eye mask has a single pack price of around 9$ (where I live), I can get a way better Korean eye mask for 1-2 dollar per pack.
So, after Shiseido changed the formula, added horrible fragrance, it's super-overpriced, and the Korean brands work so much better I would certainly not repurchase this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Peel open the foil packets and place the two half moon eye pads under eyes and wait for 15 minutes. Eyes look refreshed, fine lines are diminished and puffiness is down. Next day: wrinkles significantly reduced.

Packaging is really nice. I don't know if I should repurchase. I'm in a Shiseido phase right now. I love getting a facial from the rep.

Edit: Dead of winter and my skin is so parched, this provides much relief. I love these!

on 12/3/2009 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is very expensive and not a miracle work but it is very nice to use. easy and no hassle. soothing and smooth the lines for temporary.
a quick fix at least.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Top Rated Treatments (Eye)