Shiseido Benefiance Pure Retinol Instant Treatment Eye Mask

Shiseido  Benefiance Pure Retinol Instant Treatment Eye Mask

4.1

on 1/19/2018 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I purchased the large box of these eye masks and realized that I’d only used them twice. I started using them again recently and remembered why. They are very messy, don’t absorb readily, and don’t benefit people who already take great care of their eye area. I notice no immediate or long-lasting positive effects or improvement of under-eye darkness or fine lines.

The masks are individually packaged which is a plus. They are both in a tray drenched with the retinol serum which is far more than you’ll need, so I have been putting the excess serum itself on my décolletage. Some people reuse the pads but I think that’s a bad idea since it’s unhygienic. Overall, stick to retinol eye serums and eye cream at night and you’ll have far better (and lasting) results.

Love these eye masks. They provide instant lifting/firming that lasts for hours. The more I use them, I notice the effect continues to improve and lasts longer. They are pricey, but are worth the cost.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Heavily fragranced, contains alcohol and pretty high on the ingredients list - not every alcohol is bad, but the type of the alcohol is not named.

One star is mostly because of its ridiculous price. There are retinol products out there, like retinol moisturizers, without fragrance, lasts for a longer time and cheaper than these masks considering how long they last. I'm generally not a fan of paper masks as they work exactly the same as moisturizers/serums, the only difference is instead of applying the cream/serum with your fingers, you apply it with paper, so while they can be fun, they are not necessary or better than a moisturizer/serum.

Even on the box of this mask it's advised to use 2-4 days a week. There are only 12 masks in the box for $63 in the USA, more expensive in some other countries like mine. If you were to use the masks three times a week, the box would last only a month. There are definitely cheaper alternatives that are better.

My experience with the product is, I saw absolutely no difference on my fine lines or anything else after using it twice a week for two weeks. It also gave me a single milia.

P.S. While I can believe some people might see some good results even after the first use, some positive reviews on MUA about this product gave me the "I guess either they see what they want to see, or they had dehydrated skin" suspicion. Retinol is the only scientifically proven ingredient that might help to reduce the look of your wrinkles. HOWEVER, google it and you'll see yourself, it is said the difference (if you will see any) generally starts to show itself after 3-6 months. Even if we assumed it might work faster on some people, it just cannot work as fast as "I used it once or twice, and noticed a difference." Which makes me suspect some good reviewers here either saw what they wanted to see, or they had dehydrated skin and any good moisturizer would temporarily reduce the apperance of wrinkles - dry skin can make your lines appear more afterall.

Holy @*#& batman....these really work! I had them but never used them and the have sat in my drawer for quite a while. I figured they were just some throw in thing for a GWP deal. I tried them and had to write a review because I can't believe my eyes (no pun intended).

There is a remarkable visible difference.....my lines and puffiness are radically diminished and the under eye darkness is there but not nearly as bad. I am a product junkie, love makeup and products and I'm in awe. These actually are the bomb!

Very pricey - about $68 for 12 pkgs of 2. Seriously would spend the money because of the amazing results. I just am so elated because something actually works....so many claims that products will deliver but they fail....this is truly the exception. Simply - WOW! Freaky good. I keep looking in the mirror because the skin around my eyes is radically smoother. AMAZING. Worth the money.

on 3/27/2014 10:21:00 AM

This is a very good product. I use it once a week alternating it between SK-II eye mask.

I feel my under eye area is much more firm and hydrate next morning and this is one of the product that I will keep on using.

The packaging is very good and I am totally into it.

on 12/22/2012 4:03:00 PM

This is a really good eye mask, helps with the wrinkles and the dark circles, refreshes the eye area.

This is a 'magic' in a pad.... i have some crease under my eyes due to lots of crying after a brawl with my boyfriend. no eye cream can solve the problem.I decided to put the eye pads under my both eyes for 20mins and went to sleep.
The next day my under eye crease has gone.They might a little pricey but its worth invest for a quck fix like that..Highly recommended!

on 1/17/2011 9:16:00 AM

These masks do a great job of rejuvenating the eye area and they work better and for longer than any cream I have tried. I use them at night and throughout the next day my eyes look bright, moisturised and any crepiness is greatly diminished. I agree with other reviewers who say these won't deliver miracles - the results I get are akin to what happens when I get a great night's sleep. Puffiness is
a major problem of mine and so I think these are worth it for the benefits they deliver on that front alone.

The product's packaging is impressive, too: there are twelve pairs of individually wrapped masks, totally saturated in liquid. Even after I have removed the masks, my eye area stays moist for a very long time.

It's recommended that these be used 2 -3x per week. I like to use the same pair of masks twice per week (I just stick them back on the tray, seal them up, and stick them in the fridge) and then move on to a new pack. I recommend you try these if your eyes are in need of a little relief or you have an event coming up; they're a good investment in either case. If you're still unsure about these, check out TheSublimeAgent's video on Youtube (not affiliated) - he does a good job of explaining how these work.

on 3/4/2009 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I adore these little eye masks. I was very skeptical about using this product because of the price but I received it, along with the face masks, as a gift so I thought it can't hurt to try. They don't erase lines, I'm sure there's no OTC product for that but they do decrease puffiness and make lines appear less visible. They also feel great on, very hydrating and a little cooling too which is great for me when I'm feeling under the weather. I also use them before going out at night and my friends keep telling me I look so refreshed. Definitely a keeper!