L'Oreal Age Perfect Pro-Calcium Radiance Perfector Sheer Tint Moisturizer SPF 12

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

1.6

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is a let down for me. Don't let the price of this product fool you! I believe I bought this around $10 on sale but I do think that the money spent on this can be used on something much more useful. The packaging is wonderful, the pump makes application easy to use and you will be able to control how much product you want to come out. The shade I got it in was medium. The moisturizer first comes out as white with specks in it. The smell can be identical to SPF sunscreen. As you rub the product into your skin, the moisturizer becomes bronzey looking and then it oxidizes to an orange tone. The amount of glitter and the orange make a bad combination that makes your skin appear like you've had a bad tan with very greasy skin! I have sensitive skin and I would not recommend this to anyone who has sensitive skin like me because after I applied it, the moisturizer started to burn on my face. Overall, I will not repurchase this.

on 10/16/2012 6:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I find its very "dewy" and slightly orange if applied more than sparingly. I have different needs for coverage and this one I use for "at home days", just enough to look a little more finished with a mascara and lipgloss. For "shopping" or "going out" coverage, this one just isn't enough.
The fragrance is distracting for the first twenty minutes or so, for me at least. It does dissipate, or I stop noticing it... lol.
I found this at Winner's with a Youth Code eye cream (full size) as a bonus on Clearance for $12.00. The eye cream comes in a tube with a terrific metal pearl shaped applicator and is worth the price. I have other BB creams that will replace this is my home coverage cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was given to me by my mom who is in her 60's, which means she didn't like it, and I don't like it either. It is sooo greasy and it doesn't do anything but make your face look orange. I thought the vitamins in it would be good for my skin but I would never even consider using it even at night while I sleep. It just feels gross and looks gross.

on 11/7/2008 11:38:00 PM

About $20 U.S. will get you 50 ml (1.7 fl oz) of tinted moisturizer in a tall, slender plastic pump bottle that has a twistable cap to lock in an off position (great for traveling). I like the packaging very much actually. One of the drawbacks, right off the bat, is the low SPF rating. It's only a 12. Shame.
I find that one pump is sufficient to cover my face, but I do not know if that one pump of product is enough to give me any real sun protection so I suggest doubling this with a sunscreen.
When I place the product onto the back of my hand I notice that it is an ivory color with specks of bronze-colored micro-beads. It does seem to go on a bit orange at first, but the directions on the bottle say to "smooth onto face and neck until thoroughly absorbed". When I continue to smooth it out and rub it in it does end up blending in nicely. After I have rubbed it in you can tell there's color there, but it's not obvious at all, and there is also a bit of a sheen/luminousity (mica? I threw away the box already). I would describe the coverage as light. This also has a perfumey scent that is somewhat stronger than the average cosmetic. (The scent may be quite strong...my sinuses are congested due to seasonal allergies, but I can still smell the perfume). I will not repurchase this (even though I got it for free after rebate) because I prefer greater coverage, and a lower cost for the type of product.

on 11/2/2008 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is just not the type of product it is marketed as. I thought I was purchasing a tinted moisturizer; after all, the packaging says tinted. However, it is simply a highlighting moisturizer. So, as a tinted moisturizer, it doesn't work. The tint is white and pearlized and doesn't tint the skin at all. That being said, I will now pretend it is a highlighter and try it again, and maybe I will like it; if so, I will edit. I purchased the "light" shade, and it is definitely white with no tint. My skin is NC25.