L'Oreal Age Perfect Pro-Calcium Radiance Perfector Sheer Tint Moisturizer SPF 12

Filtered by hair type : Straight

1.0

on 11/18/2008 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I picked this up yesterday because it was $15.99 at CVS with $15.99 in ExtraBucks rewards, so it was essentially free.

From what the box said, I expected a tinted moisturizer with lots of the stuff that middle-aged ladies like: age diffusers, lots of hydration, dewy finish. Something like my Estee Lauder DayWear Plus tinted moisturizer.

FAIL.

It's not moisturizing enough, not sunscreening enough, and provides zero coverage. Also, the self-blending color?

Flash back to your first-generation Q-T self-tanning nightmares. I'm ORANGE.

OK, maybe there's some Vitamin C or other wondrous ingredients lurking around in there, but if I'm going to end up looking like an Ooompah-Loompah? Forget it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Really, L'Oreal? REALLY? I can't take this product seriously at all. First of all, it's outrageously expensive for a drugstore product--almost 20 bucks! (Luckily I had a free rebate for this, but even then it's not worth it!) I got this is the "Light" shade and when I pumped it out, it looked really nice with a light brown/pinkish/oysterish shade...but then I went to apply it and it turned ORANGE. Like really, really 80s pumpkin orange. YUCK. And then there's the fragrance--it's a combination of Seabreeze astringent mixed with those old Imposter perfumes--not pleasant at all. Granted, I didn't expect something lovely and gorgeous such as the Shiseido scented facial products, but come on! It's just too strong and too perfumey. Lastly, the packaging looks elegant but it's a pump bottle and you not only can't squeeze the last bits of it out (not that I want to), but you also can't even unscrew the top to be able to scoop any left that may be clinging to the sides. I think that's just wasteful in my opinion. Plus, it's only SPF 12--I think any tinted moisturizer worth its salt should be at least SPF 15. So basically, between the horrid fragrance, the hideous orange color, the ridiculous packaging, and the laughable pricetag, this is definitely one to skip. If you are looking for a decent high-end tinted moisturizer, try Stila or if you are looking for a drugstore brand, try CoverGirl Smoothers. Both are excellent and are in a different league than this L'Oreal joke.