L'Oreal Age Perfect Pro-Calcium Radiance Perfector Sheer Tint Moisturizer SPF 12

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

2.1

on 9/25/2008 9:02:00 AM

Don't look for much tint in this new tinted moisturizer by L'Oreal. It's more of a pearly glowy type product and it isn't a skin-shade, it has a hint of orange color to it when it is applied onto the skin. I used it under one of my foundations, and it did seem to liven up my complexion a bit, but it also changed the color of my foundation and made my face appear a bit darker than it really is. I tried just wearing the moisturizer on its own as a tinted moisturizer, but it didn't look ver pretty at all. The product itself is super-dewy and shiny. It stays a bit sticky on the skin, and the worst part is that it broke me out, and I never break out. I could not believe how badly this stuff clogged my pores, with big, visible dark dots. Really horrible! The bottle itself is a nice pump which works well to dispense just the amount you want, and it is opaque, but if you hold it up to a lightbulb, you can see how much remains. Even with my dry skin, this product did not help. The product never seemed to sink in or help the dryness, and it gave my skin that very weird orangey tint, it broke me out and gave me blackheads, so into the trash it goes.

on 11/2/2008 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is just not the type of product it is marketed as. I thought I was purchasing a tinted moisturizer; after all, the packaging says tinted. However, it is simply a highlighting moisturizer. So, as a tinted moisturizer, it doesn't work. The tint is white and pearlized and doesn't tint the skin at all. That being said, I will now pretend it is a highlighter and try it again, and maybe I will like it; if so, I will edit. I purchased the "light" shade, and it is definitely white with no tint. My skin is NC25.

on 11/7/2008 11:38:00 PM

About $20 U.S. will get you 50 ml (1.7 fl oz) of tinted moisturizer in a tall, slender plastic pump bottle that has a twistable cap to lock in an off position (great for traveling). I like the packaging very much actually. One of the drawbacks, right off the bat, is the low SPF rating. It's only a 12. Shame.
I find that one pump is sufficient to cover my face, but I do not know if that one pump of product is enough to give me any real sun protection so I suggest doubling this with a sunscreen.
When I place the product onto the back of my hand I notice that it is an ivory color with specks of bronze-colored micro-beads. It does seem to go on a bit orange at first, but the directions on the bottle say to "smooth onto face and neck until thoroughly absorbed". When I continue to smooth it out and rub it in it does end up blending in nicely. After I have rubbed it in you can tell there's color there, but it's not obvious at all, and there is also a bit of a sheen/luminousity (mica? I threw away the box already). I would describe the coverage as light. This also has a perfumey scent that is somewhat stronger than the average cosmetic. (The scent may be quite strong...my sinuses are congested due to seasonal allergies, but I can still smell the perfume). I will not repurchase this (even though I got it for free after rebate) because I prefer greater coverage, and a lower cost for the type of product.

on 12/30/2008 11:22:00 PM

I'm still trying to figure out what the heck this stuff is supposed to accomplish. It's nasty looking onmy face.
Just buy mederma scar fade medicine for the same effect.

on 7/1/2009 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not a huge fan of tinted moisturizers, but this is so light I barely notice the color. I bought the "light" tint for my medium/olive complexion and did not have any problems with it turning my skin orange. I think the scent is nice, and it fades quickly. Since I work in an office all day I barely get out into the sun, the SPF 12 is fine. I am in my mid-20s, so I bought this as a preventative thing, half expecting it to irritate my blemish-prone skin. It makes my skin soft and it goes on smoothly, so far no breakouts. I use 2 pumps for my face, neck and chest once daily. I got this 1/2 price at CVS, but I would probably buy it again for the regular $20.

on 2/26/2010 11:10:00 AM

Like many others, I got this product free after rebate. It sat in my bathroom for quite a while before I got around to using it.

I have never used a tinted moisturizer before. I expected a product that would take the place of foundation with light coverage.

The pump bottle works well, but it cracked easily after falling out of my medicine cabinet a couple of times. They are surface cracks that don't affect the functioning of the bottle, but it still bothers me.

When I first apply the product, it looks orangey. If I continue to rub it in, the orange tones down, but then there is really no coverage at all. As a moisturizer, it's okay, but as far as the tint, I don't feel it does what it's supposed to do. I would not purchase again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is a pretty good moisturizer,but it oxidizes like there's no tomorrow. i bought it for my grandma and it left like an orange line where the color wasn't applied to. i love l'oreal's genesis pumps,they're so resident evil. other than that,i wouldnt recommend this product.

on 10/3/2011 10:47:00 PM

i bought this on sale and because i never got chance to use loreal products so i thought i should try them atleast,and this is first time i used tinted moisturizer and i feel super bad about wasting my money because instead of brightening your skin it actually makes it oily and orange...super orange,its garbage ,will never ever buy this again.

on 10/16/2012 6:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I find its very "dewy" and slightly orange if applied more than sparingly. I have different needs for coverage and this one I use for "at home days", just enough to look a little more finished with a mascara and lipgloss. For "shopping" or "going out" coverage, this one just isn't enough.
The fragrance is distracting for the first twenty minutes or so, for me at least. It does dissipate, or I stop noticing it... lol.
I found this at Winner's with a Youth Code eye cream (full size) as a bonus on Clearance for $12.00. The eye cream comes in a tube with a terrific metal pearl shaped applicator and is worth the price. I have other BB creams that will replace this is my home coverage cream.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is a let down for me. Don't let the price of this product fool you! I believe I bought this around $10 on sale but I do think that the money spent on this can be used on something much more useful. The packaging is wonderful, the pump makes application easy to use and you will be able to control how much product you want to come out. The shade I got it in was medium. The moisturizer first comes out as white with specks in it. The smell can be identical to SPF sunscreen. As you rub the product into your skin, the moisturizer becomes bronzey looking and then it oxidizes to an orange tone. The amount of glitter and the orange make a bad combination that makes your skin appear like you've had a bad tan with very greasy skin! I have sensitive skin and I would not recommend this to anyone who has sensitive skin like me because after I applied it, the moisturizer started to burn on my face. Overall, I will not repurchase this.