L'Oreal Age Perfect Pro-Calcium Radiance Perfector Sheer Tint Moisturizer SPF 12

2.5

on 9/25/2008 9:02:00 AM

Don't look for much tint in this new tinted moisturizer by L'Oreal. It's more of a pearly glowy type product and it isn't a skin-shade, it has a hint of orange color to it when it is applied onto the skin. I used it under one of my foundations, and it did seem to liven up my complexion a bit, but it also changed the color of my foundation and made my face appear a bit darker than it really is. I tried just wearing the moisturizer on its own as a tinted moisturizer, but it didn't look ver pretty at all. The product itself is super-dewy and shiny. It stays a bit sticky on the skin, and the worst part is that it broke me out, and I never break out. I could not believe how badly this stuff clogged my pores, with big, visible dark dots. Really horrible! The bottle itself is a nice pump which works well to dispense just the amount you want, and it is opaque, but if you hold it up to a lightbulb, you can see how much remains. Even with my dry skin, this product did not help. The product never seemed to sink in or help the dryness, and it gave my skin that very weird orangey tint, it broke me out and gave me blackheads, so into the trash it goes.

I absolutely LOVE this product and have used it for years and years. L'Oreal appears to have discontinued the product and I can't imagine why. I get compliments every single time I use it. It adds a radiance/glow to my cheeks, outer brow, etc. A truly 'healthy' glow. Please tell me where I can order more.
I am now nearly 65!
Thank you.

on 1/17/2013 6:07:00 PM

I didn't buy this product, I actually found it when my mom stopped using it. So far I've only used it for a day and it's hard to say if I broke out from this or because of my period. But it's just one pimple so whatever. I liked how it actually kept my face moisturized underneath my foundation, which is great because I have a certain one that just dries out my skin after a couple of hours, no matter if I put globs of moisturizer beforehand. Plus it works well in combination with the same foundation (it is lighter than my skin color) so I barely have to put on a bronzer. Will I use this by itself? Probably not. But so far it is working fine for me.

on 7/1/2009 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not a huge fan of tinted moisturizers, but this is so light I barely notice the color. I bought the "light" tint for my medium/olive complexion and did not have any problems with it turning my skin orange. I think the scent is nice, and it fades quickly. Since I work in an office all day I barely get out into the sun, the SPF 12 is fine. I am in my mid-20s, so I bought this as a preventative thing, half expecting it to irritate my blemish-prone skin. It makes my skin soft and it goes on smoothly, so far no breakouts. I use 2 pumps for my face, neck and chest once daily. I got this 1/2 price at CVS, but I would probably buy it again for the regular $20.

on 12/15/2008 7:11:00 PM

I got this essentially for free at Walgreen's, which rebated the price. And a good thing too, because it does indeed give me an oompah loompah effect. I was about to pitch mine or give it away when it hit me--it contains plumping spheres just like those high-end lip plumpers. So I tried it as a lipstick base and it does indeed plump up your lips. I didn't really notice any discoloration of my lips because everything was absorbed instantly. With three applications, my chapped lips were seamless again.

I wouldn't run out and buy a bottle for this purpose unless they were greatly reduced, which I have a feeling they will be, sooner rather than later.

on 11/18/2008 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I picked this up yesterday because it was $15.99 at CVS with $15.99 in ExtraBucks rewards, so it was essentially free.

From what the box said, I expected a tinted moisturizer with lots of the stuff that middle-aged ladies like: age diffusers, lots of hydration, dewy finish. Something like my Estee Lauder DayWear Plus tinted moisturizer.

FAIL.

It's not moisturizing enough, not sunscreening enough, and provides zero coverage. Also, the self-blending color?

Flash back to your first-generation Q-T self-tanning nightmares. I'm ORANGE.

OK, maybe there's some Vitamin C or other wondrous ingredients lurking around in there, but if I'm going to end up looking like an Ooompah-Loompah? Forget it.

on 11/7/2008 11:38:00 PM

About $20 U.S. will get you 50 ml (1.7 fl oz) of tinted moisturizer in a tall, slender plastic pump bottle that has a twistable cap to lock in an off position (great for traveling). I like the packaging very much actually. One of the drawbacks, right off the bat, is the low SPF rating. It's only a 12. Shame.
I find that one pump is sufficient to cover my face, but I do not know if that one pump of product is enough to give me any real sun protection so I suggest doubling this with a sunscreen.
When I place the product onto the back of my hand I notice that it is an ivory color with specks of bronze-colored micro-beads. It does seem to go on a bit orange at first, but the directions on the bottle say to "smooth onto face and neck until thoroughly absorbed". When I continue to smooth it out and rub it in it does end up blending in nicely. After I have rubbed it in you can tell there's color there, but it's not obvious at all, and there is also a bit of a sheen/luminousity (mica? I threw away the box already). I would describe the coverage as light. This also has a perfumey scent that is somewhat stronger than the average cosmetic. (The scent may be quite strong...my sinuses are congested due to seasonal allergies, but I can still smell the perfume). I will not repurchase this (even though I got it for free after rebate) because I prefer greater coverage, and a lower cost for the type of product.

on 10/29/2008 7:31:00 PM

I am 54 years old and I love this product. It makes my skin glow and look much fresher. After I apply it, I use a very light dusting of mineral powder makeup and it's just perfect. My husband even noticed how dewy and healthy my skin looks. I've only used it for a week so I don't know if it will cause blackheads or breakouts as the first reviewer mentioned. I also noticed it doesn't get into the tiny lines around my eyes, it seems to fill them up. Most makeups, tinted moisturizers and concealers go right into the creases and looks creapy on me but this works beautifully.

on 10/10/2016 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I did run out and I can't find it anymore.
I used this over my foundation as blush and it gave my face a beautiful shine.
I have looked everywhere for the product. Apparently, once again, I find a product
that I love and the company discontinues it. Poor Me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is a let down for me. Don't let the price of this product fool you! I believe I bought this around $10 on sale but I do think that the money spent on this can be used on something much more useful. The packaging is wonderful, the pump makes application easy to use and you will be able to control how much product you want to come out. The shade I got it in was medium. The moisturizer first comes out as white with specks in it. The smell can be identical to SPF sunscreen. As you rub the product into your skin, the moisturizer becomes bronzey looking and then it oxidizes to an orange tone. The amount of glitter and the orange make a bad combination that makes your skin appear like you've had a bad tan with very greasy skin! I have sensitive skin and I would not recommend this to anyone who has sensitive skin like me because after I applied it, the moisturizer started to burn on my face. Overall, I will not repurchase this.