L'Oreal Age Perfect Pro-Calcium Radiance Perfector Sheer Tint Moisturizer SPF 12

2.5

on 9/25/2008 9:02:00 AM

Don't look for much tint in this new tinted moisturizer by L'Oreal. It's more of a pearly glowy type product and it isn't a skin-shade, it has a hint of orange color to it when it is applied onto the skin. I used it under one of my foundations, and it did seem to liven up my complexion a bit, but it also changed the color of my foundation and made my face appear a bit darker than it really is. I tried just wearing the moisturizer on its own as a tinted moisturizer, but it didn't look ver pretty at all. The product itself is super-dewy and shiny. It stays a bit sticky on the skin, and the worst part is that it broke me out, and I never break out. I could not believe how badly this stuff clogged my pores, with big, visible dark dots. Really horrible! The bottle itself is a nice pump which works well to dispense just the amount you want, and it is opaque, but if you hold it up to a lightbulb, you can see how much remains. Even with my dry skin, this product did not help. The product never seemed to sink in or help the dryness, and it gave my skin that very weird orangey tint, it broke me out and gave me blackheads, so into the trash it goes.

on 10/29/2008 7:31:00 PM

I am 54 years old and I love this product. It makes my skin glow and look much fresher. After I apply it, I use a very light dusting of mineral powder makeup and it's just perfect. My husband even noticed how dewy and healthy my skin looks. I've only used it for a week so I don't know if it will cause blackheads or breakouts as the first reviewer mentioned. I also noticed it doesn't get into the tiny lines around my eyes, it seems to fill them up. Most makeups, tinted moisturizers and concealers go right into the creases and looks creapy on me but this works beautifully.

on 11/2/2008 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is just not the type of product it is marketed as. I thought I was purchasing a tinted moisturizer; after all, the packaging says tinted. However, it is simply a highlighting moisturizer. So, as a tinted moisturizer, it doesn't work. The tint is white and pearlized and doesn't tint the skin at all. That being said, I will now pretend it is a highlighter and try it again, and maybe I will like it; if so, I will edit. I purchased the "light" shade, and it is definitely white with no tint. My skin is NC25.

on 11/3/2008 7:54:00 PM

I'm still in my 20s, so I don't need too much of a "filler" product yet, but this is free with rebate this month at both RiteAid and Walgreens, so I couldn't resisting getting at least one bottle. I have to completely disagree with the reviewers below about the tint. I also bought Light, and there is mucho color involved! In fact, I have to thin it out with my Olay spf lotion because it's much too dark for me, even at the end of summer. (Yes, I'm that pale.) I don't notice too much of the highlighting effect, but I will certainly pay attention to that tomorrow. I wouldn't be able to wear this alone - I have to lighten it with mineral makeup or risk the orange face and white neck. I do notice that it has a lovely light scent, and it's extremely rare that I can deal with scents in facial products. Because of the color folly, I'm not going to repurchase this, and I also think having only an spf of 12 is pretty pathetic - I wear 28 or 30 on my face everyday. If there is a nightcream version of this, I'd totally go for it, but this isn't really what I need.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Really, L'Oreal? REALLY? I can't take this product seriously at all. First of all, it's outrageously expensive for a drugstore product--almost 20 bucks! (Luckily I had a free rebate for this, but even then it's not worth it!) I got this is the "Light" shade and when I pumped it out, it looked really nice with a light brown/pinkish/oysterish shade...but then I went to apply it and it turned ORANGE. Like really, really 80s pumpkin orange. YUCK. And then there's the fragrance--it's a combination of Seabreeze astringent mixed with those old Imposter perfumes--not pleasant at all. Granted, I didn't expect something lovely and gorgeous such as the Shiseido scented facial products, but come on! It's just too strong and too perfumey. Lastly, the packaging looks elegant but it's a pump bottle and you not only can't squeeze the last bits of it out (not that I want to), but you also can't even unscrew the top to be able to scoop any left that may be clinging to the sides. I think that's just wasteful in my opinion. Plus, it's only SPF 12--I think any tinted moisturizer worth its salt should be at least SPF 15. So basically, between the horrid fragrance, the hideous orange color, the ridiculous packaging, and the laughable pricetag, this is definitely one to skip. If you are looking for a decent high-end tinted moisturizer, try Stila or if you are looking for a drugstore brand, try CoverGirl Smoothers. Both are excellent and are in a different league than this L'Oreal joke.

on 11/7/2008 11:38:00 PM

About $20 U.S. will get you 50 ml (1.7 fl oz) of tinted moisturizer in a tall, slender plastic pump bottle that has a twistable cap to lock in an off position (great for traveling). I like the packaging very much actually. One of the drawbacks, right off the bat, is the low SPF rating. It's only a 12. Shame.
I find that one pump is sufficient to cover my face, but I do not know if that one pump of product is enough to give me any real sun protection so I suggest doubling this with a sunscreen.
When I place the product onto the back of my hand I notice that it is an ivory color with specks of bronze-colored micro-beads. It does seem to go on a bit orange at first, but the directions on the bottle say to "smooth onto face and neck until thoroughly absorbed". When I continue to smooth it out and rub it in it does end up blending in nicely. After I have rubbed it in you can tell there's color there, but it's not obvious at all, and there is also a bit of a sheen/luminousity (mica? I threw away the box already). I would describe the coverage as light. This also has a perfumey scent that is somewhat stronger than the average cosmetic. (The scent may be quite strong...my sinuses are congested due to seasonal allergies, but I can still smell the perfume). I will not repurchase this (even though I got it for free after rebate) because I prefer greater coverage, and a lower cost for the type of product.

on 11/18/2008 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I picked this up yesterday because it was $15.99 at CVS with $15.99 in ExtraBucks rewards, so it was essentially free.

From what the box said, I expected a tinted moisturizer with lots of the stuff that middle-aged ladies like: age diffusers, lots of hydration, dewy finish. Something like my Estee Lauder DayWear Plus tinted moisturizer.

FAIL.

It's not moisturizing enough, not sunscreening enough, and provides zero coverage. Also, the self-blending color?

Flash back to your first-generation Q-T self-tanning nightmares. I'm ORANGE.

OK, maybe there's some Vitamin C or other wondrous ingredients lurking around in there, but if I'm going to end up looking like an Ooompah-Loompah? Forget it.

on 12/5/2008 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I picked the lightest shade. I am an Asian, not the fairest among Asian either. It acts more a light blush than an overall TM to me. I now only use it on my cheeks, if I use it at all.

This TM first appeared uniformly tinted in the packaging. After staying in my drawer for a week or two the pumped out stuff is a twirled reddish/light tan like an icecream.

It never covers anything. Moisturizing enough for my normal to oily skin. There is a glow to it, which is prob the only good thing about it.
A generous size and a not too bad pump. Didn't get a chance to test the antiaging part because I decided not to use it regularly.

on 12/9/2008 1:36:00 PM

i actually did find this to be very moisturizing, however, as others have mentioned, the orange tint is awful and its a little too shiny for my liking. luckily this was a hand-me-down from my mom so i didnt feel bad throwing it away after one use!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this at the drugstore for 15.99 with rebate of the same amount (I wouldn't have bought it if not). I never trust drugstore foundations or moisturizers. I like the way my skin looks when I use it. Kind of dewy and younger. I haven't had the orange effect like some of the other reviewers but I am concerned about clogged pores. I don't use it every day. I won't buy again because I will just move on to the next product.