L'Oreal Age Perfect Pro-Calcium Radiance Perfector Sheer Tint Moisturizer SPF 12

Filtered by age: 44-55

2.0

Bought this on Tuesday, returned it to Rite-Aid on Wednesday.

It was an impulse buy, I admit. I like L'Oreal skincare products usually and I had a $10 off coupon. I'm in my early 50s (fair, with rosacea) and thought it might be time for Age Perfect...

MOISTURIZER? Yes, it felt good on my skin. No irritation. No unpleasant fragrance.

TINTED? Yes, it is in fact "tinted," but that tint is ORANGE. In fairness, the day I tried it the orange settled down into an golden-orange color after an hour or so and it didn't smell bad.

SHEER? Way sheer. No coverage whatsoever. I expect tinted moisturizers to offer a little coverage and this didn't.

It reminded me of bad fake tanners, w/o the tanner smell. I understand why the words "oompa loompa" have been used in describing this product. If you're looking for a d/s TM, I can recommend Neutrogena, but not this.

on 12/15/2008 7:11:00 PM

I got this essentially for free at Walgreen's, which rebated the price. And a good thing too, because it does indeed give me an oompah loompah effect. I was about to pitch mine or give it away when it hit me--it contains plumping spheres just like those high-end lip plumpers. So I tried it as a lipstick base and it does indeed plump up your lips. I didn't really notice any discoloration of my lips because everything was absorbed instantly. With three applications, my chapped lips were seamless again.

I wouldn't run out and buy a bottle for this purpose unless they were greatly reduced, which I have a feeling they will be, sooner rather than later.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this at the drugstore for 15.99 with rebate of the same amount (I wouldn't have bought it if not). I never trust drugstore foundations or moisturizers. I like the way my skin looks when I use it. Kind of dewy and younger. I haven't had the orange effect like some of the other reviewers but I am concerned about clogged pores. I don't use it every day. I won't buy again because I will just move on to the next product.

on 11/18/2008 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I picked this up yesterday because it was $15.99 at CVS with $15.99 in ExtraBucks rewards, so it was essentially free.

From what the box said, I expected a tinted moisturizer with lots of the stuff that middle-aged ladies like: age diffusers, lots of hydration, dewy finish. Something like my Estee Lauder DayWear Plus tinted moisturizer.

FAIL.

It's not moisturizing enough, not sunscreening enough, and provides zero coverage. Also, the self-blending color?

Flash back to your first-generation Q-T self-tanning nightmares. I'm ORANGE.

OK, maybe there's some Vitamin C or other wondrous ingredients lurking around in there, but if I'm going to end up looking like an Ooompah-Loompah? Forget it.

on 11/2/2008 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is just not the type of product it is marketed as. I thought I was purchasing a tinted moisturizer; after all, the packaging says tinted. However, it is simply a highlighting moisturizer. So, as a tinted moisturizer, it doesn't work. The tint is white and pearlized and doesn't tint the skin at all. That being said, I will now pretend it is a highlighter and try it again, and maybe I will like it; if so, I will edit. I purchased the "light" shade, and it is definitely white with no tint. My skin is NC25.

on 10/29/2008 7:31:00 PM

I am 54 years old and I love this product. It makes my skin glow and look much fresher. After I apply it, I use a very light dusting of mineral powder makeup and it's just perfect. My husband even noticed how dewy and healthy my skin looks. I've only used it for a week so I don't know if it will cause blackheads or breakouts as the first reviewer mentioned. I also noticed it doesn't get into the tiny lines around my eyes, it seems to fill them up. Most makeups, tinted moisturizers and concealers go right into the creases and looks creapy on me but this works beautifully.