L'Oreal Age Perfect Pro-Calcium Radiance Perfector Sheer Tint Moisturizer SPF 12

Filtered by age: 30-35

2.4

on 10/16/2012 6:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I find its very "dewy" and slightly orange if applied more than sparingly. I have different needs for coverage and this one I use for "at home days", just enough to look a little more finished with a mascara and lipgloss. For "shopping" or "going out" coverage, this one just isn't enough.
The fragrance is distracting for the first twenty minutes or so, for me at least. It does dissipate, or I stop noticing it... lol.
I found this at Winner's with a Youth Code eye cream (full size) as a bonus on Clearance for $12.00. The eye cream comes in a tube with a terrific metal pearl shaped applicator and is worth the price. I have other BB creams that will replace this is my home coverage cream.

on 2/26/2010 11:10:00 AM

Like many others, I got this product free after rebate. It sat in my bathroom for quite a while before I got around to using it.

I have never used a tinted moisturizer before. I expected a product that would take the place of foundation with light coverage.

The pump bottle works well, but it cracked easily after falling out of my medicine cabinet a couple of times. They are surface cracks that don't affect the functioning of the bottle, but it still bothers me.

When I first apply the product, it looks orangey. If I continue to rub it in, the orange tones down, but then there is really no coverage at all. As a moisturizer, it's okay, but as far as the tint, I don't feel it does what it's supposed to do. I would not purchase again.

on 7/1/2009 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not a huge fan of tinted moisturizers, but this is so light I barely notice the color. I bought the "light" tint for my medium/olive complexion and did not have any problems with it turning my skin orange. I think the scent is nice, and it fades quickly. Since I work in an office all day I barely get out into the sun, the SPF 12 is fine. I am in my mid-20s, so I bought this as a preventative thing, half expecting it to irritate my blemish-prone skin. It makes my skin soft and it goes on smoothly, so far no breakouts. I use 2 pumps for my face, neck and chest once daily. I got this 1/2 price at CVS, but I would probably buy it again for the regular $20.

on 11/7/2008 11:38:00 PM

About $20 U.S. will get you 50 ml (1.7 fl oz) of tinted moisturizer in a tall, slender plastic pump bottle that has a twistable cap to lock in an off position (great for traveling). I like the packaging very much actually. One of the drawbacks, right off the bat, is the low SPF rating. It's only a 12. Shame.
I find that one pump is sufficient to cover my face, but I do not know if that one pump of product is enough to give me any real sun protection so I suggest doubling this with a sunscreen.
When I place the product onto the back of my hand I notice that it is an ivory color with specks of bronze-colored micro-beads. It does seem to go on a bit orange at first, but the directions on the bottle say to "smooth onto face and neck until thoroughly absorbed". When I continue to smooth it out and rub it in it does end up blending in nicely. After I have rubbed it in you can tell there's color there, but it's not obvious at all, and there is also a bit of a sheen/luminousity (mica? I threw away the box already). I would describe the coverage as light. This also has a perfumey scent that is somewhat stronger than the average cosmetic. (The scent may be quite strong...my sinuses are congested due to seasonal allergies, but I can still smell the perfume). I will not repurchase this (even though I got it for free after rebate) because I prefer greater coverage, and a lower cost for the type of product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Really, L'Oreal? REALLY? I can't take this product seriously at all. First of all, it's outrageously expensive for a drugstore product--almost 20 bucks! (Luckily I had a free rebate for this, but even then it's not worth it!) I got this is the "Light" shade and when I pumped it out, it looked really nice with a light brown/pinkish/oysterish shade...but then I went to apply it and it turned ORANGE. Like really, really 80s pumpkin orange. YUCK. And then there's the fragrance--it's a combination of Seabreeze astringent mixed with those old Imposter perfumes--not pleasant at all. Granted, I didn't expect something lovely and gorgeous such as the Shiseido scented facial products, but come on! It's just too strong and too perfumey. Lastly, the packaging looks elegant but it's a pump bottle and you not only can't squeeze the last bits of it out (not that I want to), but you also can't even unscrew the top to be able to scoop any left that may be clinging to the sides. I think that's just wasteful in my opinion. Plus, it's only SPF 12--I think any tinted moisturizer worth its salt should be at least SPF 15. So basically, between the horrid fragrance, the hideous orange color, the ridiculous packaging, and the laughable pricetag, this is definitely one to skip. If you are looking for a decent high-end tinted moisturizer, try Stila or if you are looking for a drugstore brand, try CoverGirl Smoothers. Both are excellent and are in a different league than this L'Oreal joke.