Aveeno Active Naturals Continuous Protection Sunblock Spray - SPF 45

3.8

I have very, very fair skin that is prone to freckling and burning rather than tanning, so in the summer I'm forced to wear a LOT of sunblock. This is actually one of my favourites so far -- I feel like the spray makes this a lot less greasy-feeling than even Aveeno's own creme line, and it seems to be working just as well, since I haven't got any darker or more damaged since I began using it. The smell's pretty strong, but not that much different than any other sunscreen (and if you're anything like me, you've gotten used to the idea of smelling like this for most of the rest of your life!)...

on 3/17/2009 10:33:00 PM

This is the first Aveeno sunblock I tried -- I have to say it is a little greasy but lighter than most of the other drugstore products; spray even & easy to apply, nice package; a little irritating smell but okay to me; the most important thing is it does the job, gives me good protection.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/12/2008 5:09:00 PM

This is a pretty good product in comparison with some other sunscreens I've tried (i.e. Loreal). I've tried Loreal's sunscreen spray last year and all it did was leave my face greasy and with white patches. The smell of this is pretty nice. I'll continue using this until I find something better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This sunblock seems to offer pretty good protection from the sun. I've used it all summer and don't think I've gotten any darker. The packaging is the best I've seen for a drugstore sunscreen...the eggshell colored brushed metal canister looks understated and the spray works from every angle without clogging. However, the sunscreen has a very heavy chemical smell that permeates the entire room when you are applying it. I often apply it outside my place just because I hate the lingering chemical smell. I also dislike that it leaves your skin looking slightly shinier. I don't like it enough to repurchase.