Maybelline New York Mineral Power Blush True Peach [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline New York Mineral Power Blush True Peach [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

on 8/1/2011 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So, I bought this blush because I just wanted to try out a peach colored blush on my skin (all my other blushes are very pink and rosey shades) so that's why I got a cheap one in case the color didn't look good.

What was intended as an experiment is now my all time favourite blush. It is a truly beautiful warm corally peach. It warms up my complexion so much and makes me look like im glowing. I have NC25 skin, with pinky undertones. I though because i am quite fair it would look weird, but it looks gorgeous. I would highly recommend this to anyone with light to medium skin. Makes me feel a bit tropical :)

No shimmer in it, but its not entirely matte (pure matte powders tend to make me look old and this doesn't, so it must have something in it to give it a slight sheen without being glittery)

The only other blushes I own are Nars and Mac blushes, and this one gives them a run for there money as it stays on just as long as they do. It is not cakey at all, I'm very impressed by this powder.

The only thing I don't like about the fact that its a loose powder, and can get quite messy when applying, however that hasn't stopped me from wearing this every day!!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Beautiful mineral blush!
All of this line of blushes, now discontiued in Europe,was top notch (and I am not a fan of Maybelline).
This powder is highly pigmented and super finely milled.
A LITTLE goes a LONG way (i.e. you have to apply very sparingly as it packs up with pigments).
I use a proper angled brush (Sephora professional brush) to apply this blush and blend carefully.
Upon application it looks almost scary (= lots of color) but when blended out it is so natural and flattering!
No obvious shimmer, but not matte at all. Just perfect!!

A Super lovely shade (I love also Topaz Rose) and I hope Maybelline will re do this type of blush at this really high quality!! (and this comes from a Dior /Chanel /YSL/Guerlain high end user!!)

on 6/22/2011 4:30:00 AM

You need to be careful about how much you pick up with the brush - because of the sifter it is easy to overdo. I normally just pour some into the lid and work from there. It give a pretty peach glow with no shimmer. Recommended!

on 6/16/2011 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this product but they don't have it here in the USA!!! I used to buy this in the Philippines and lasted for 6 months. It's a little messy since it's a loose powder blush. The color looks great on my fair skin and it looks natural.

on 6/8/2011 11:10:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

My first blush ever! I love the natural, perk-me-up look it gives to my entire face. The powder, seemingly matte, but gives this slight sheen onto your cheeks when applied!

IMO, i think this blush flatters people with warm undertones. It gives some 'life' to my face. Usually, I'd slather on some sunblock + tinted moisturiser with this blush and I'm good to go. Sadly, the lasting power ain't that fantastic. I live in a pretty humid climate, thus the blush lasts about 3-5 hours? Roughly. And it's a little bulky too - not very portable-friendly, considering that i would need a reapplication for its weak lasting power..

For the price I paid, about US$10 (?), I think it's worth it. Had it since 2 years ago! Though I don't use it everyday, it's still pretty much a staple, something that i go back to after being adventurous with other blushes.

All in all, I would try out the other colors! But I doubt i'll have to repurchase since it's probably gonna last me forever! but it doesn't seem to be available anymore? I don't see it in my drugstores :(

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm an NC 40- 42 and heard peachy blushes will look good on medium dark skin ..so i bought it..
1. .It does look good on my cheeks .Yay ...
2. It does look good on my all over face... i use a little product all over the face for its ' mineral glow ' .
The only con ,like some of the other reviewers said , is its poor staying power...but nothing wrong in re-applying it ...obviously there's a lot of product in it...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Gorgeous color! Very natural and it glides on smoothly and easy to blend. It's so pigmented so a little goes a long way. Didn't really stay on as long as I wanted but it was good enough. Only wish the stupid brush had a case or compartment. Had the same problem with their mineral foundation

on 4/16/2011 10:37:00 PM

Was this line of blushes discontinued? I'm only able to find the underwhelming highlighter from the mineral line in stores now (but that's a whole other review) and their foundation. If it is it's really a shame, this has come to be my 'go to blush.' It's matte and ironically is more of a coral color than a 'true peach'. It looks very natural on my skin and also gives 'life' to my face. However, it does wear off a little sooner than I would like. I would say it stays a maximum of 4-5 hours on a day where its not too humid. Because of this, I am giving it four stars.

Although I paid close to $10 for it, I do believe it's a good purchase. I had this for more than a year and I still have more than half of the product left. It has good pigmentation AND there's a lot of product, 4.5g to be exact. I would repurchase if I can find it in stores, but its been 2 years since I've seen it.

on 2/14/2011 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

While I love to experiment with different blush colors, I have always thought that a peach blush looks a little more flattering than a pink one does on my olive-colored skin. This mineral blush by Maybelline has become HG for me and I continue to reach for it again and again. In my opinion, the color of this blush is just as the name implies - it is a true peach shade. It is not too orange nor is it muddied down by having too much brown in it and I see no sign of a pink undertone when I where it. It also has absolutely no sparkle or shimmer in it. It reminds me of the color of a creamy Dreamsicle - a little bit of orange with some vanilla mixed into it. It is easy to apply and blend and can be applied with a light hand for a sheer, pop of color or built up for a more intense look. I find it to be long-lasting with minimal fading throughout the day. I love the fresh-face-look this blush gives me and I will continue to keep this in my collection.

Love this color, great product!

Popular Blush Products