Got2B Smooth Operator Smoothing Satin Drops

Got2B Smooth Operator Smoothing Satin Drops

4.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethyhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Parfum (Fragrance), Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol

on 1/24/2011 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

HORRIBLE. It did absolutely NOTHING for my hair. Oh wait, yes, it gave me dandruff after one application. Did not stop frizz, did not make my hair look any better. HORRIBLE!!! WISH I could give it 0 lippies!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

on 2/22/2013 8:58:00 AM

Unfortunately, this didn't do it for me. For reference, I have thin, dry, naturally cury hair (sounds horrible, huh?). I didn't see this really helping in any way, and it kind of made my hair feel too "coated". I like the Tigi S Factor serum better than this one. I even like Chi's Silk better than this. Smell is good, packaging is cute but needs to be more simple I feel, and the price is cheap compared to the others.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For me this product rated about average compared to ther serums I have used in the past. I have curly hair and this product did a decent job of smoothing out some of my frizz. The bottle is cute and the scent smell good as well. I don't see this product in stores as much as I used to so it may be on it way out.

on 7/30/2011 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Seems like I'm one of the few not liking this. It does give OK results, but I just can't handle the smell. It smells like peaches, which I usually like, but it's such a strong and sweet smell that it sickens me. It also lasts for a long time, which is good if you like it, but irritated me a lot because I didn't like it and it interfered with my perfume.
The bottle is in my opinion nothing special - I like more discrete packaging. the pump pumps out very small amounts and isn't very good, as the amount decrease with each pump (at least mine did). But you get a lot of product for pretty low price.

on 1/24/2011 1:14:00 PM

I thought the bottle looked tacky, but I don't really care since it's just a hair product haha. I really really like the smell though. Unfortunately, it did little to combat frizz with my curly hair. I thought maybe I needed more than just one pump for my hair, so I divided my hair into 3 sections and used 2 pumps each... nothing! :( However, I have to say it does make my hair look shiny, and feel smoother. I like using this when I straighten my hair, though!

on 11/28/2010 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well ladies I went and got it at Navarro Discount Pharmacy @ 2 for 1 for $5.99. After all the high rating MU reviews, I decided to buy it and tred it on dry hair, and it makes it silky smooth. I will try it with damp hair next time. And the pink gennie looking bottle is so cute! :)

Pros: + Smells great; affordable& easy to find; lightweight consistency; contains UV protectant; makes hair soft

Cons: leaves buildup; did not define my curls that well; left my hair feeling dry and coated, thus it imparted a dull appearance

Overall: I give this product 3.5 lippies. I am happier with Life Brand Honey Nut Serum from SDM, since that makes my hair much healthier and does not cause buildup or leave my hair in a "crunchy" state. However, on the plus side, I don't mind using Got 2 be satin drops after blow drying my hair straight, but for natural curls, this product does absolutely nothing; it leaves my hair soft at first but then my hair gets droopy and stringy, even if I use a small amount. My hair felt felt so dry and I thought it was due to the harsh winter( I just had my hair cut) but then I put a small amount of Life Brand Serum in my hair and woah--My hair was soft and shiny again! That said, I will keep the remainder of this bottle, but will not repurchase. I just don't understand why the manufacturers of this product, who also own Zero Frizz, reintroduce ZF serum in Canada anymore. Oh well....Life Brand serum will suffice for now.

This stuff has the cutest packaging and smells sooo good! I would use it alone just for the wonderful scent (it's somewhat candy-like but not overpowering). This is a wonderful serum that is great to add shine to my hair and minimize frizz. I often like to put it in my towel dried hair and it dries with nice beachy waves. It also looks good on straightened hair to add some shine. It definitely makes my hair feel and look softer and smoother. My only complaint is that my bottle seems to only pump out a tiny bit of product at a time. I'm not sure if this is common or if I just got a bad pump... but I literally have to pump it about 10 times to get about a penny-sized amount of product. I have long and thick hair, so I typically use a little more serum than the average person. When I add the serum to wet hair, it NEVER dries looking oily. With dry hair, I just make sure to spread it evenly and not over apply at the roots... and then it never looks oily. I've used Biosilk Silk Therapy, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum, and other similar products. I think this one is most like the Paul Mitchell one since it's similar in thickness and has the sweet scent. It's also a lower price :) I got mine on sale too! I'd be curious to see if the pump works better next time, but regardless, I'd definitely still repurchase because the product is great!

on 1/26/2011 3:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Works just as good as Paul Mitchels Super Skinny, but smells WAY better and it WAY cheaper.

Popular Styling Products