Got2B Smooth Operator Smoothing Satin Drops

Got2B Smooth Operator Smoothing Satin Drops

4.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethyhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Parfum (Fragrance), Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol

on 9/16/2009 1:57:00 AM

This deserves 6/5 for delivering beyond expectation. You gotta admit, $6CAD for 100ml is next to heaven--especially when you only need 1 drop/pump each time.

This gave my hair shine, silky-softness and manageability without feeling oily or weighed down. At the drugstore I tested it on my hand and at first you can tell it is a "serum/oil", but within 20 seconds it dries completely as if it was a *cough* water based lube lol (sorry for the awkward metaphor). But seriously, this thing is a great alternative to higher-end serums. I love my Moroccanoil serum, but it costs 4x as much and has1/4 the product :=( I'd say the two give similar results, I use my precious Moroccanoil once a week to repair damaged hair and the Smooth Operator Smoothing Satin Drops every day to add extra shine.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I looooovee this product. It smells amazing, cute packaging, cheat price. I use this after I straighten my hair and it makes it look so glossy, it de-frizzes and it feels SUPER soft. Like, I don't think I've ever felt my hair that soft before. Anyway when I first got it I put on a bit too much and it made my hair look greasy. However, if you put the right amount it will give you amazing results. I definitely recommend this and I will buy this as soon as I run out! Love it. :)

on 1/26/2011 3:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Works just as good as Paul Mitchels Super Skinny, but smells WAY better and it WAY cheaper.

Pros: + Smells great; affordable& easy to find; lightweight consistency; contains UV protectant; makes hair soft

Cons: leaves buildup; did not define my curls that well; left my hair feeling dry and coated, thus it imparted a dull appearance

Overall: I give this product 3.5 lippies. I am happier with Life Brand Honey Nut Serum from SDM, since that makes my hair much healthier and does not cause buildup or leave my hair in a "crunchy" state. However, on the plus side, I don't mind using Got 2 be satin drops after blow drying my hair straight, but for natural curls, this product does absolutely nothing; it leaves my hair soft at first but then my hair gets droopy and stringy, even if I use a small amount. My hair felt felt so dry and I thought it was due to the harsh winter( I just had my hair cut) but then I put a small amount of Life Brand Serum in my hair and woah--My hair was soft and shiny again! That said, I will keep the remainder of this bottle, but will not repurchase. I just don't understand why the manufacturers of this product, who also own Zero Frizz, reintroduce ZF serum in Canada anymore. Oh well....Life Brand serum will suffice for now.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I found this while wandering around a 24 hour drugstore in the middle of the night. If it had not been for the insomnia driven shopping spree I would never have given it a chance. It was cheap. The bottle makes it look like a toy product you use on a doll. It smells like candy. Despite all that, it works!

I use to use Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum to tame frizz but I couldn't find it after I moved. I tried a whole bunch of hair serums and sprays that had roughly the same ingredients, looking for something that would tame flyaways and add some shine. They were all useless or caused my hair to look greasy. This does everything I want it to do- it adds a huge amount of shine without ever looking greasy. It tames flyaways and defines my curls without weighing my hair down. It makes my hair feel really soft. It doesn't require you to use exactly the right amount on exactly the right bit of your hair or risk turning your head into a disgusting greasy mess. I do a quick towel of my hair, add one squirt to my hands, rub them together and then through the length of my hair, concentrating on the ends. I then rub my mostly clean of product hands through the hair at my scalp. Flip my hair upside down and towel it mostly dry, and my hair is done.
The shine from this is amazing. After I started using it people asked if I had dyed my hair. continued >>

on 11/6/2010 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was amazed when I first tried this. My hair went from being sleek and straight to being frizzy and wavy after college (stress, hormones, all that). I had a sheen spray, but that was kind of a pain to deal (especially to get the back of your head!) with so I went out looking for a cream of some sorts.

After running one pump of his product through a part of my hair, my frizzy hair just DEFLATED between my fingers. Coolest thing ever. It smells like a dream and makes your hair incredibly soft (like other reviewers, I can't stop running my hands through my hair now). It didn't make my hair super straight/thin or anything, but it brought down the frizz enough so that it looked like I had lovely, smooth, thick waves. I can't stop gushing about this product enough! (Also, for people that have a hard time finding this at Target and stuff, my ULTA also sells this in the hair products section. I'm not sure if it would be sold at a salon though...)

on 7/19/2010 10:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great product. I tried this through BzzAgent. It was hard finding this (they always have the lotion and hairspray, but rarely this) at CVS. Anyway, it's similar to the lotion, but a bit lighter. It works just as well, and really keeps my thick hair shiny and soft. I tend to get dry hair, but this really helps to control that and make it more moisturized. I've noticed that by the end of the day, my hair isn't as dry or messy when I use this. The smell is great, too, and I love the packaging. So cute. Definitely recommended.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

one of the best serum i've used and I've tried plently, from high as well low end ones (just a product junkie). It made my hair soft and shiny. I couldn't stop running my hands through it. Love it, hopefully they'll never dicontinue this.

This stuff has the cutest packaging and smells sooo good! I would use it alone just for the wonderful scent (it's somewhat candy-like but not overpowering). This is a wonderful serum that is great to add shine to my hair and minimize frizz. I often like to put it in my towel dried hair and it dries with nice beachy waves. It also looks good on straightened hair to add some shine. It definitely makes my hair feel and look softer and smoother. My only complaint is that my bottle seems to only pump out a tiny bit of product at a time. I'm not sure if this is common or if I just got a bad pump... but I literally have to pump it about 10 times to get about a penny-sized amount of product. I have long and thick hair, so I typically use a little more serum than the average person. When I add the serum to wet hair, it NEVER dries looking oily. With dry hair, I just make sure to spread it evenly and not over apply at the roots... and then it never looks oily. I've used Biosilk Silk Therapy, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum, and other similar products. I think this one is most like the Paul Mitchell one since it's similar in thickness and has the sweet scent. It's also a lower price :) I got mine on sale too! I'd be curious to see if the pump works better next time, but regardless, I'd definitely still repurchase because the product is great!

on 1/21/2011 4:30:00 PM

I love this stuff.
I use about 3 drops and just apply it to the ends of my hair.
Makes my dry hair super shiney!
Im not one to always buy the same products but definitely repurchasing this!

Popular Styling Products