Simple Soothing Eye Balm

Simple Soothing Eye Balm

3.8

Water (Aqua, Eau) (Solvent), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Emulsifier), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Occulsive), Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Bisabolol (Soothing agent), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Emollient), Sodium Hyaluronate (Humectant), Cyclopentasiloxane (Emollient), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Polyacrylamide (Viscosity Increasing Agent), C13-14 Isoparaffin (Solvent), Cyclohexasiloxane (Emollient), Chlorhexidine Digluconate (Preservative), Laureth-7 (Emulsifier), BHT (Antioxidant), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative)

on 4/6/2017 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I consider myself pretty young - 21 years old, but I decided I should start taking care of the area under my eyes before its too late. This is the first ever product I've purchased to for under eye area as it is cheap (3.50 pounds) and Simple is not a bad brand. I've had this product for a week so I can't comment on long-term efficacy.

Pros:
- Price is very reasonable for first timers
- Does as claimed: it does soothe the under eye area
- A little goes a long way, value for money
- Hygienic packaging
- Noticeably reduced puffiness and lightened the area under my eye

Cons:
- May not provide as drastic an improvement for those with more problematic under eye area

In conclusion, the product well really well for me. I have normal skin under my eyes but I do have combination skin for the rest of my face. It may not work for those with more salient concerns as though the difference was noticeable it was subtle. I would recommend this product for younger people who just want to start trying eye creams.

This is exactly what identifies as: a soothing eye balm. It's not a rich eye cream for lines & wrinkles. BUT I LOVE IT! I must have been a sample because I don't recall a price for the small tube. Tried it after having a reaction to a primer that caused a sensitive rash. I couldn't tolerate eye cream, moisturizer or gel-like hydrator for sensitive skin that was recommended. Tried this and was pleasntly surprised. As soon as I could, I'd remove make-up for the evening and apply this around eye area. It was so soothing I began using it all over my face until it was time to do my nghtime routine. I keep it in the fridge for those times my eyes are tired, irritated, and feel dry as dust but I didn't see any results in dark circles or puffiness. I'll buy this again to have on hand for whenever my skin needs a break from product but still want something hydrating on it.

on 9/29/2015 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I had a terrible eye rash last week from a maybelline mascara i was allergic to, i was initially applying straight aloe to my eye every night but it didnt help. This eyecream, however, could be put on the raw skin area and it didn't sting in the slightest, its perfect for sensitive skin, and within a day the rash was looking waaaay better. Just a lovely, affordable, non-offensive eye cream that soothes!

on 4/12/2015 4:15:00 AM

I use this when I'm waiting for my usual to arrive if I haven't ordered in time! It does as a stop gap..doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes and slightly better than using nothing at all! doesn't make any difference to my fine lines but it's cheap and is slightly hydrating..maybe of for very young skin

You might as well put Elmer's glue under your eyes because that is what this feels like. That's something I've noticed with a lot of Simple's products, like two face moisturizers I have tried. They seem to have a rather gluey consistency. I'm looking for something that feels hydrating and rich. Next!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've used two tubes of this and have had a below average experience with it.

The product is a gel-like consistency, so it's not heavy. However, if you have a dry eye area this product will do nothing for it (except tease it with barely there moisture). It does help with redness, though. As far as bags, wrinkles, and circles? No benefit.

The product also lasts a considerable amount of time as it spreads well and only a little is needed. Because of that, I can comfortably say I've been using this product for close to a year, and things certainly haven't gotten better.

I'd say if you are young and looking to start out with skin care and need something cheap, this is probably more suited for you.

Actually, I'm not even sure about that because I'm 23 and would consider myself young, so I'd probably say under 20 if anything, lol. If you are older, out in the sun a lot, or live in a sunny state (I'm looking at you, fellow Texans), I would steer clear of this and look for something else with a little more punch.

Maybe it is my eye area that is so dull and puffy that nothing really helps. I nearly used up the whole cream and I could never notice any difference.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very hydrating eye cream! If your eye area is dry and dull this product really helps. It's very soothing and cooling and reduces puffiness around my eyes. Love it and also very cheap for an eye cream AUD$10 :) at Priceline

I also use it on my the area around my brows when I get them plucked and it's very red. Applying this on the red areas really helps sooth them and the redness goes down in about 5-10 mins

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this on clearance about 2 weeks ago at a Walgreens. It was on sale for $2. I was initially looking for something a bit more substantial & I hadn't had much luck with Simple for the face washes. But I gave this a go, and OH. MY. GOODNESS! I love this! I have very fair skin which makes it hard to conceal bags no matter what makeup. But using this eyebalm has been a godsend! I pat a little on my eyelid & under eye area morning & night. For extra relief on a stressful day I put cuke slices on my eyes for about 10 minutes as well. My bags have softened, and lightened, and makeup goes on easier under my eyes. I will repurchase this if I can find it in stores!

Properties. I do believe it soothes well, so I gave it a 4. I think I'll be buying a more hydrating cream in the future though.