no images

price range

Reviews

1.0

7 years ago

Use this if you want acne! This oil broke me out faster than jojoba oil. Within 2 days, I had horribly clogged pores all over my face accompanied by cystic acne on cheeks, nose, mouth area, and forehead. Once I switched to grape seed oil, cystic acne was cleared within 2 days but now i have a lot of scars left.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

from

7 years ago

I have relaxed short hair and if I use a product that has too much alcholol in it, it makes my scalp flaky, and I would get dry scalp just for no reason, I got finicky skin/scalp I cannot use the sticky kind of hair grease it weights my hair down I have to use like a oil or a serum to get gloss and shine to my hair. So I was on ebay just browsing around and I saw something from a seller about the exotic oils and butters from Brazil and I got curious I said ok let me check out a few different oils, anyway the Babassu Oil and im in love with it, its like the other reviewer said like a dry oil it gives moisture without being heavy and smells like virgin coconut oil, it gets solid under room temperature so I have run it under some hot water when I need it, so I have found something natural that works for my scalp, no flakes so far, I use it on my scalp like overnight if im going to wash my hair the next day, hot oil treatment, face moisturizer and I put some in a bottle with some rosemary essential oil to stimulate my scalp to get that blood flowing.For someone who has oily/acne prone skin and want to try the OCM method this would be good choice.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

EyesBrown

11 years ago

For anyone that is a religious OCM'er, forget everything you currently know about your oils being to "oily" or greasy. Babassu oil comes from the kernel of the Babassu palm in Brazil and it is GLORIOUS. It's more of a dry oil if that makes sense? But it gives all the same cleansing and moisturizing benefits without the heavy oily feeling. No breakouts either, which is great because extra virgin coconut oil made my skin freakout. Now it is not as readily available as say, EVOO or Jojoba but EBAY has plenty of auctions for this stuff at reasonable prices. I love, love, love it. Here's a better description "Babassu oil or cusi oil is a clear light yellow vegetable oil extracted from the seeds of the babassu palm (Attalea speciosa), which grows in the Amazon region of South America. It is a non-drying oil used in food, cleaners and skin products. This oil has properties similar to coconut " There is plenty of info on the internet about this wonderful oil.

About reviewer (189 reviews)

Age30-35