L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

4.5

This is not my HG mascara, but I do like it a lot overall. Firstly, I fell for this because of the beautiful kinda- not tiger-colored- flame colored tube. L'Oreal gets kudos for appearance. But the packaging itself is very cheap-feeling and made of light plastic. Plus, you don't get much product- only .16 FL OZ., which is just a couple hundredths fluid ounces more than sample mascaras. It has a very fine-bristled wire wand, which I think is the perfect size. No clumps. I do like how much product it dispenses on your lashes- maybe not so much as "Naturale" as maybe a little more dramatic. It gives great length and volume for me in one coat. The color is much more natural-looking, and I do have the one in Black-Brown. Honestly, the color doesn't matter- it makes my lashes stand out, so who cares? It does take a while to get it off, though, which is a chore, even with the washable version. However, because of that, it doesn't flake or smudge. It actually is kinda cheap compared to other L'Oreal mascaras- I got mine (in the clearance bin, but I saw the original price tag and it was) for $7. So overall, it is a great mascara, but the name is underestimating the power of this product!

on 10/25/2009 12:56:00 AM

Just because it says Natural doesn't mean it's going to turn you into a hippie girl, so I've come to find. I keep going back to this one after repeatedly purchasing Chanel, Lancome, Dior, YSL, and find the bottom of my wallet instead of great lashes. If you want Betty Draper (January Jones in Madmen) lashes, this is a must try! Batting your eyes is so much more fun with this mascara!

on 9/22/2009 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I just purchased it...good product so far. Seems to be great for sensitive eyes...it's also hyperallergenic..fiber free..paraben free...it contains 86% natural ingredients plus minierals...it's also safe for people who wear contacts.

This mascara works like a gel based mascara: it looks so natural. It does not clump for me perhaps because I don't have thick close together lashes? What I like most is the "natural" look and unlike other natural look mascaras this one does gives you a little thickening and lenghtening. Goes on easy and nicely separates my lashes. It does last well too and if you add a good mascara base it will last practically till bed time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just tried this on a whim because I was unhappy with the tube of MAC plush lash I had just bought also. This stuff is way better than the plush lash, or anything else i've tried, including diorshow.
Those other mascaras never gave a natural look. They would feel very dry and no matter what i did, including using an expensive lash primer, my lashes would just clump together and look like hooker lashes. I also tried using a lash comb to separate, but what a mess that was. This mascara feels glossier and gives length and color and the lashes still look REAL. I like for people to notice my beautiful lashes - not my mascara. I'm returning the MAC mascara. I like the packaging too, and the fact that the black brown isn't too dark unlike some others. Will buy again, and now i would like to also try the bare naturale volume formula if i can find it in black brown. UPDATE: after a few uses it gets more clumps and the formula doesn't seem as smooth. I have to wipe off the entire wand if I don't want chunky spider-leg lashes. But it's cheap and I like it as much as clinique's long pretty lashes and some other clinique mascaras I've tried, and I think they make the best mascara for a natural look. so i'm willing to work with it and replace it sooner than later if necessary. and at least with this i can just run to the drug store to buy it instead of across town to the crowded mall.

i bought this product a few days ago and have been using it everyday never having to re apply its very light i dont even feel like im wearing it now and i wear contacts and have very sensitive eyes and it doesnt bother me at all i like the softness of it it is some what expensve but not when you compare the greatness and quality of it to the high end ones for 25-30 dollars that dont even compare it is easily removed which some people see as good and some bad i see it as all good i splashed my face once with water and it all came off no streaks no residue i am in love with this mascara this is my first time on here and i actually just wanted to get on to let you know how great this product is i would highly recommend this to anyone and everyone its wonderful by far the best mascara i've ever bought and well worth the money too!!