L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just tried this on a whim because I was unhappy with the tube of MAC plush lash I had just bought also. This stuff is way better than the plush lash, or anything else i've tried, including diorshow.
Those other mascaras never gave a natural look. They would feel very dry and no matter what i did, including using an expensive lash primer, my lashes would just clump together and look like hooker lashes. I also tried using a lash comb to separate, but what a mess that was. This mascara feels glossier and gives length and color and the lashes still look REAL. I like for people to notice my beautiful lashes - not my mascara. I'm returning the MAC mascara. I like the packaging too, and the fact that the black brown isn't too dark unlike some others. Will buy again, and now i would like to also try the bare naturale volume formula if i can find it in black brown. UPDATE: after a few uses it gets more clumps and the formula doesn't seem as smooth. I have to wipe off the entire wand if I don't want chunky spider-leg lashes. But it's cheap and I like it as much as clinique's long pretty lashes and some other clinique mascaras I've tried, and I think they make the best mascara for a natural look. so i'm willing to work with it and replace it sooner than later if necessary. and at least with this i can just run to the drug store to buy it instead of across town to the crowded mall.

on 11/16/2008 1:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my new HG mascara. I was previously using Neutrogena Healthy Volume and it was pretty good, but tended to flake and smudge by the end of the day. Not this one it stays all day no flaking or smudging looks almost the same 8-10 hours after I apply it. The only complaints I have (2 small ones) are it does tend to get clumpy after a few weeks, and the brush wand is a little flimsy. I do tend to wipe of the excess prior to use. Other than that is a perfect match for my very light blonde eyelashes. It gives great volume and length. I am a little scared that once this mineral/natural make up kick runs it course they will discontinue it.
**UPDATE** This stuff was great but after a few weeks it changes and makes my lashes clumpy and spidery. Not too concerned about them discontinuing it now.

on 3/31/2009 6:56:00 PM

I pretty much like this mascara. That's as good as I can praise it. Mascara is one of those things that every woman continues searching for a better one throughout her life. We all want long, lush, dark, curled, seductive eyelashes. But it has to leave everyone fooled were born them (excuse the slogan ref.) and didn't spend 30 min. obsessing over the position of each lash. Perfect mascara is a concept that, if discovered, could mean looking much closer to our ideal overall appearance. ok sorry, blahblahblah. BACK to the product discussion at hand. This mascara does a pretty good job of 1) lengthening 2) being pretty much clump-free if applied correctly and 3) looking natural.. But I think the performance of the mascara is mainly in the brush. You could spend 40 on a mascara and not get a better brush. The formula however could be better. It's very dry actually, typical to L'oreal mascara, and you have to apply it quickly otherwise it will start to go clumpy. But I think it lives up to a product worthy to be called Bare Naturale, thus I give it 4 lippies.

on 4/2/2009 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was really disappointed with this mascara. I like a softer looking lash and bought this hoping it would be similar to Maybelline's Full 'n Soft (the original formula before they messed it up... why can't companies leave the good ones alone????). Anyway, it is NOTHING like it is advertised. It is NOT natural looking - on the contrary, it is spidery and garish if you apply more than one coat and it is EXTREMELY flaky - the long fibers come off in chunks, the brush is so soft that it won't brush through my already semi-thick lashes, which I'm guessing is a good deal of the problem for me. Maybe this works for someone with more sparse lashes?? Definitely didn't work for me. I keep hoping I can find a drug store brand that will replace my trusty old Full 'n Soft. For now, I am stuck paying for Estee Lauder's More Than Mascara at $21.00 a pop. Anyone have a recommendation??

on 4/2/2009 6:32:00 PM

Bought this mascara the other day during a BOGOF sale at Walgreens. Got the black/brown for me and the Balck for my daughter. Tried it this morning and WOW!!! Could not beleive how nice this went on...no clumps, flakes..and it really lenghtened and seemed to curl them up a bit. Love the packaging too..kind of looks like a leopard print bottle. I will definetly get this again...in fact I may go back this week and get too more with the bogo sale. This is my HG for sure!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this mascara. I have been looking for a reasonably priced, mostly naturally derived mascara and got excited when I saw some good reviews for this one. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations. It's not a terrible mascara IMO, just so-so. The good: I like that the formula is very smooth, and glides right through the lashes. The brush is nice and soft also. It never irritates my eyes (unusual for mascara) and washes off easily. The bad: It flakes. Every time I wear it. This is a pet peeve of mine with mascara and is the reason I usually go for water proof. Also, I agree with other reviewers that it gives spider lashes, and it dries before you can separate them. Annoying. I think that if L'oreal came out with a water proof version of this mascara I would try it, but I won't repurchase the regular Bare Naturale. The search for a good natural mascara continues . .

This is not my HG mascara, but I do like it a lot overall. Firstly, I fell for this because of the beautiful kinda- not tiger-colored- flame colored tube. L'Oreal gets kudos for appearance. But the packaging itself is very cheap-feeling and made of light plastic. Plus, you don't get much product- only .16 FL OZ., which is just a couple hundredths fluid ounces more than sample mascaras. It has a very fine-bristled wire wand, which I think is the perfect size. No clumps. I do like how much product it dispenses on your lashes- maybe not so much as "Naturale" as maybe a little more dramatic. It gives great length and volume for me in one coat. The color is much more natural-looking, and I do have the one in Black-Brown. Honestly, the color doesn't matter- it makes my lashes stand out, so who cares? It does take a while to get it off, though, which is a chore, even with the washable version. However, because of that, it doesn't flake or smudge. It actually is kinda cheap compared to other L'Oreal mascaras- I got mine (in the clearance bin, but I saw the original price tag and it was) for $7. So overall, it is a great mascara, but the name is underestimating the power of this product!