L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

Filtered by hair type : Straight
L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

2.7

PROS: VERY natural. Pretty inexpensive. Washes off easily when removing. Brush is pretty easy to use. Tube is decent size for storage in purse, etc.

CONS: Flaked kinda easy. A little too natural for me.

APPLICATION TIPS: Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on MUCH longer without flaking. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too.

ALTERNATES: Milani's Runway Lashes gives me gorgeous length/volume (then covered by Clarins Double Fix, to waterproof it) OR The Rocket by Maybelline (also covered by Clarins Double Fix) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. If you already have pretty good lashes (don't need much help), you may like CoverGirl Last Blast Fusion. The new Manga mascara by L'Oreal is fantastic for length and volume that lasts a long time without smudging; I'm kind of in love with it.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I like Neutrogena Clean Lash Tint alot better. This mascara seems to clump easily and be sort of goopy. Maybe I just put too much on the brush and went over my lashes too much. Yeah it does give you a natural look, but I overall prefer the clean lash tint more.

on 1/2/2009 10:31:00 AM

I really don't understand the great reviews for this mascara. I bought it liking the idea that it would leave my lashes soft and not brittle. But I don't notice any more softness or flexibility than any other mascara. The formula is super thin and goopy at the same time. I get tons of clumps that I have to comb through, and then I'm left with skimpy, sparse-looking lashes. They don't look natural at all, they look spidery and ridiculous.

I like the animal print packaging, but that's about it. For "natural" lashes I'll go back to Estee Lauder and for lush lashes I'll use Neutrogena Healthy Volume. But I will not be buying this again.