L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this mascara. I have been looking for a reasonably priced, mostly naturally derived mascara and got excited when I saw some good reviews for this one. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations. It's not a terrible mascara IMO, just so-so. The good: I like that the formula is very smooth, and glides right through the lashes. The brush is nice and soft also. It never irritates my eyes (unusual for mascara) and washes off easily. The bad: It flakes. Every time I wear it. This is a pet peeve of mine with mascara and is the reason I usually go for water proof. Also, I agree with other reviewers that it gives spider lashes, and it dries before you can separate them. Annoying. I think that if L'oreal came out with a water proof version of this mascara I would try it, but I won't repurchase the regular Bare Naturale. The search for a good natural mascara continues . .

on 1/3/2013 2:43:00 AM

I buy this product at discount stores because I can't find it regularly. (Like Big Lots, sometimes dollar store...) This has been the best mascara I've ever used. It coats very nicely on my eyes, but my lashes are naturally full and really, really long, so I'm not sure how much artificial body it gives. (All I need is one or two coats.) It makes my eyes pop and spreads very easily. My only quip with it is that it tends to flake off at the lash ends after a day's wear. Other than that it's perfect. :)