L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just tried this on a whim because I was unhappy with the tube of MAC plush lash I had just bought also. This stuff is way better than the plush lash, or anything else i've tried, including diorshow.
Those other mascaras never gave a natural look. They would feel very dry and no matter what i did, including using an expensive lash primer, my lashes would just clump together and look like hooker lashes. I also tried using a lash comb to separate, but what a mess that was. This mascara feels glossier and gives length and color and the lashes still look REAL. I like for people to notice my beautiful lashes - not my mascara. I'm returning the MAC mascara. I like the packaging too, and the fact that the black brown isn't too dark unlike some others. Will buy again, and now i would like to also try the bare naturale volume formula if i can find it in black brown. UPDATE: after a few uses it gets more clumps and the formula doesn't seem as smooth. I have to wipe off the entire wand if I don't want chunky spider-leg lashes. But it's cheap and I like it as much as clinique's long pretty lashes and some other clinique mascaras I've tried, and I think they make the best mascara for a natural look. so i'm willing to work with it and replace it sooner than later if necessary. and at least with this i can just run to the drug store to buy it instead of across town to the crowded mall.

on 11/16/2008 1:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my new HG mascara. I was previously using Neutrogena Healthy Volume and it was pretty good, but tended to flake and smudge by the end of the day. Not this one it stays all day no flaking or smudging looks almost the same 8-10 hours after I apply it. The only complaints I have (2 small ones) are it does tend to get clumpy after a few weeks, and the brush wand is a little flimsy. I do tend to wipe of the excess prior to use. Other than that is a perfect match for my very light blonde eyelashes. It gives great volume and length. I am a little scared that once this mineral/natural make up kick runs it course they will discontinue it.
**UPDATE** This stuff was great but after a few weeks it changes and makes my lashes clumpy and spidery. Not too concerned about them discontinuing it now.

on 1/2/2009 10:31:00 AM

I really don't understand the great reviews for this mascara. I bought it liking the idea that it would leave my lashes soft and not brittle. But I don't notice any more softness or flexibility than any other mascara. The formula is super thin and goopy at the same time. I get tons of clumps that I have to comb through, and then I'm left with skimpy, sparse-looking lashes. They don't look natural at all, they look spidery and ridiculous.

I like the animal print packaging, but that's about it. For "natural" lashes I'll go back to Estee Lauder and for lush lashes I'll use Neutrogena Healthy Volume. But I will not be buying this again.

on 3/31/2009 6:56:00 PM

I pretty much like this mascara. That's as good as I can praise it. Mascara is one of those things that every woman continues searching for a better one throughout her life. We all want long, lush, dark, curled, seductive eyelashes. But it has to leave everyone fooled were born them (excuse the slogan ref.) and didn't spend 30 min. obsessing over the position of each lash. Perfect mascara is a concept that, if discovered, could mean looking much closer to our ideal overall appearance. ok sorry, blahblahblah. BACK to the product discussion at hand. This mascara does a pretty good job of 1) lengthening 2) being pretty much clump-free if applied correctly and 3) looking natural.. But I think the performance of the mascara is mainly in the brush. You could spend 40 on a mascara and not get a better brush. The formula however could be better. It's very dry actually, typical to L'oreal mascara, and you have to apply it quickly otherwise it will start to go clumpy. But I think it lives up to a product worthy to be called Bare Naturale, thus I give it 4 lippies.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I like Neutrogena Clean Lash Tint alot better. This mascara seems to clump easily and be sort of goopy. Maybe I just put too much on the brush and went over my lashes too much. Yeah it does give you a natural look, but I overall prefer the clean lash tint more.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this mascara. I have been looking for a reasonably priced, mostly naturally derived mascara and got excited when I saw some good reviews for this one. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations. It's not a terrible mascara IMO, just so-so. The good: I like that the formula is very smooth, and glides right through the lashes. The brush is nice and soft also. It never irritates my eyes (unusual for mascara) and washes off easily. The bad: It flakes. Every time I wear it. This is a pet peeve of mine with mascara and is the reason I usually go for water proof. Also, I agree with other reviewers that it gives spider lashes, and it dries before you can separate them. Annoying. I think that if L'oreal came out with a water proof version of this mascara I would try it, but I won't repurchase the regular Bare Naturale. The search for a good natural mascara continues . .

This is a decent mascara. I got this dirt cheap, so I wasn't expecting a lot to begin with. It's not too volume-y, but fluffs up the lashes decently enough. No flakes or irritation, and it's nice that it has some natural ingredients. I wouldn't repurchase just because there are so many other mascaras out there that do the job equally well or better. But if you find this on sale/cheap...it's worth a try.

This is a fantastic mascara for when I want to achieve a simple and natural look. There are some days when I don't feel like wearing any makeup, so I just slap on some mascara and lipgloss, and I'm out the door. This mascara is perfect for those kind of days.

As for how it makes my lashes look, it seems to bring out the best in my natural lashes (especially in this brownish color). It makes them look defined and it helps with holding a curl. It hasn't once clumped on me, either.

This mascara isn't a waterproof formula, so it washes off extremely easily. Non-waterproof mascaras don't really appeal to me if I plan on wearing makeup the entire day, because they have the tendency to flake on me. I haven't experienced any flaking whatsoever after wearing this product for several hours. It gets major points for that.

I think I may have discovered an HG "natural" mascara. It's just enough to enhance my features, but it still looks clean and natural on me. I love it!

PROS: VERY natural. Pretty inexpensive. Washes off easily when removing. Brush is pretty easy to use. Tube is decent size for storage in purse, etc.

CONS: Flaked kinda easy. A little too natural for me.

APPLICATION TIPS: Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on MUCH longer without flaking. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too.

ALTERNATES: Milani's Runway Lashes gives me gorgeous length/volume (then covered by Clarins Double Fix, to waterproof it) OR The Rocket by Maybelline (also covered by Clarins Double Fix) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. If you already have pretty good lashes (don't need much help), you may like CoverGirl Last Blast Fusion. The new Manga mascara by L'Oreal is fantastic for length and volume that lasts a long time without smudging; I'm kind of in love with it.

This is my go-to mascara. I have the kind of features that don't look nice with lots of makeup, so when I discovered a mascara that would look natural, of course I jumped on it. Only one layer is needed. Any more brushing than that and the mascara feels fake and lumpy.