L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

3.7

on 1/3/2013 2:43:00 AM

I buy this product at discount stores because I can't find it regularly. (Like Big Lots, sometimes dollar store...) This has been the best mascara I've ever used. It coats very nicely on my eyes, but my lashes are naturally full and really, really long, so I'm not sure how much artificial body it gives. (All I need is one or two coats.) It makes my eyes pop and spreads very easily. My only quip with it is that it tends to flake off at the lash ends after a day's wear. Other than that it's perfect. :)

This is a fantastic mascara for when I want to achieve a simple and natural look. There are some days when I don't feel like wearing any makeup, so I just slap on some mascara and lipgloss, and I'm out the door. This mascara is perfect for those kind of days.

As for how it makes my lashes look, it seems to bring out the best in my natural lashes (especially in this brownish color). It makes them look defined and it helps with holding a curl. It hasn't once clumped on me, either.

This mascara isn't a waterproof formula, so it washes off extremely easily. Non-waterproof mascaras don't really appeal to me if I plan on wearing makeup the entire day, because they have the tendency to flake on me. I haven't experienced any flaking whatsoever after wearing this product for several hours. It gets major points for that.

I think I may have discovered an HG "natural" mascara. It's just enough to enhance my features, but it still looks clean and natural on me. I love it!

on 10/25/2009 12:56:00 AM

Just because it says Natural doesn't mean it's going to turn you into a hippie girl, so I've come to find. I keep going back to this one after repeatedly purchasing Chanel, Lancome, Dior, YSL, and find the bottom of my wallet instead of great lashes. If you want Betty Draper (January Jones in Madmen) lashes, this is a must try! Batting your eyes is so much more fun with this mascara!

on 4/2/2009 6:32:00 PM

Bought this mascara the other day during a BOGOF sale at Walgreens. Got the black/brown for me and the Balck for my daughter. Tried it this morning and WOW!!! Could not beleive how nice this went on...no clumps, flakes..and it really lenghtened and seemed to curl them up a bit. Love the packaging too..kind of looks like a leopard print bottle. I will definetly get this again...in fact I may go back this week and get too more with the bogo sale. This is my HG for sure!!

This mascara works like a gel based mascara: it looks so natural. It does not clump for me perhaps because I don't have thick close together lashes? What I like most is the "natural" look and unlike other natural look mascaras this one does gives you a little thickening and lenghtening. Goes on easy and nicely separates my lashes. It does last well too and if you add a good mascara base it will last practically till bed time.

i bought this product a few days ago and have been using it everyday never having to re apply its very light i dont even feel like im wearing it now and i wear contacts and have very sensitive eyes and it doesnt bother me at all i like the softness of it it is some what expensve but not when you compare the greatness and quality of it to the high end ones for 25-30 dollars that dont even compare it is easily removed which some people see as good and some bad i see it as all good i splashed my face once with water and it all came off no streaks no residue i am in love with this mascara this is my first time on here and i actually just wanted to get on to let you know how great this product is i would highly recommend this to anyone and everyone its wonderful by far the best mascara i've ever bought and well worth the money too!!

i bought this at target (it was $6.99 on sale) and with a $5 off coupon from the sunday paper. basically i just bought it because i was low on mascara and it was only 2 bucks. little did i know that it was actually going to be a new favorite! i really like how natural it looks on. it didn't clump at all, gave good length and separation of lashes. i would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am reviewing this product after only one use so I may need to update, but I have worn it all day and it has been fantastic. My expectations for a mascara is to just give my lashes some natural extension and volume. This does a great job and it does not feel like I am wearing mascara at all. I like a natural look not a heavily made up look and that is what you get from this mascara. It did not get under my eyes and this is after being on for 10 hours. I would definitely recommend.

This is not my HG mascara, but I do like it a lot overall. Firstly, I fell for this because of the beautiful kinda- not tiger-colored- flame colored tube. L'Oreal gets kudos for appearance. But the packaging itself is very cheap-feeling and made of light plastic. Plus, you don't get much product- only .16 FL OZ., which is just a couple hundredths fluid ounces more than sample mascaras. It has a very fine-bristled wire wand, which I think is the perfect size. No clumps. I do like how much product it dispenses on your lashes- maybe not so much as "Naturale" as maybe a little more dramatic. It gives great length and volume for me in one coat. The color is much more natural-looking, and I do have the one in Black-Brown. Honestly, the color doesn't matter- it makes my lashes stand out, so who cares? It does take a while to get it off, though, which is a chore, even with the washable version. However, because of that, it doesn't flake or smudge. It actually is kinda cheap compared to other L'Oreal mascaras- I got mine (in the clearance bin, but I saw the original price tag and it was) for $7. So overall, it is a great mascara, but the name is underestimating the power of this product!

on 9/22/2009 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I just purchased it...good product so far. Seems to be great for sensitive eyes...it's also hyperallergenic..fiber free..paraben free...it contains 86% natural ingredients plus minierals...it's also safe for people who wear contacts.