L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

3.7

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am reviewing this product after only one use so I may need to update, but I have worn it all day and it has been fantastic. My expectations for a mascara is to just give my lashes some natural extension and volume. This does a great job and it does not feel like I am wearing mascara at all. I like a natural look not a heavily made up look and that is what you get from this mascara. It did not get under my eyes and this is after being on for 10 hours. I would definitely recommend.

i bought this at target (it was $6.99 on sale) and with a $5 off coupon from the sunday paper. basically i just bought it because i was low on mascara and it was only 2 bucks. little did i know that it was actually going to be a new favorite! i really like how natural it looks on. it didn't clump at all, gave good length and separation of lashes. i would definitely buy this again.

i bought this product a few days ago and have been using it everyday never having to re apply its very light i dont even feel like im wearing it now and i wear contacts and have very sensitive eyes and it doesnt bother me at all i like the softness of it it is some what expensve but not when you compare the greatness and quality of it to the high end ones for 25-30 dollars that dont even compare it is easily removed which some people see as good and some bad i see it as all good i splashed my face once with water and it all came off no streaks no residue i am in love with this mascara this is my first time on here and i actually just wanted to get on to let you know how great this product is i would highly recommend this to anyone and everyone its wonderful by far the best mascara i've ever bought and well worth the money too!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just tried this on a whim because I was unhappy with the tube of MAC plush lash I had just bought also. This stuff is way better than the plush lash, or anything else i've tried, including diorshow.
Those other mascaras never gave a natural look. They would feel very dry and no matter what i did, including using an expensive lash primer, my lashes would just clump together and look like hooker lashes. I also tried using a lash comb to separate, but what a mess that was. This mascara feels glossier and gives length and color and the lashes still look REAL. I like for people to notice my beautiful lashes - not my mascara. I'm returning the MAC mascara. I like the packaging too, and the fact that the black brown isn't too dark unlike some others. Will buy again, and now i would like to also try the bare naturale volume formula if i can find it in black brown. UPDATE: after a few uses it gets more clumps and the formula doesn't seem as smooth. I have to wipe off the entire wand if I don't want chunky spider-leg lashes. But it's cheap and I like it as much as clinique's long pretty lashes and some other clinique mascaras I've tried, and I think they make the best mascara for a natural look. so i'm willing to work with it and replace it sooner than later if necessary. and at least with this i can just run to the drug store to buy it instead of across town to the crowded mall.

on 10/30/2008 6:57:00 PM

20 years and thousands of dollars worth of fancy mascara and it's L'Oreal to the rescue. I thought I needed fancy, thickening, lengthening mascara for my sparse lashes, but every time I tried one I either looked like a prostitute or a 6-year old in mommy's makeup. I bought this on a whim, and I really like it! It's not too thick, not too heavy. It does take a while to dry though (due to the "natural" ingredients?) and I find it difficult to remove (even my DCH cleansing oil has a tough time with this!) but it's worth it to me to finally have pretty lashes. Thumbs up!

on 11/11/2008 4:10:00 PM

Who knew? After years of doing battle with expensive mascara and racoon eyes, this contact lense wearer has finally met her match. This stuff doesn't budge and the formula provides dark, thick, natural looking lashes. No flakes. I'm a total convert. Way better than Kiss Me (too clumpy), Dior (too runny) and all the others. I wish the brush were a bit denser but hey, you can't have it all, right? This is as good as it gets.

on 11/16/2008 1:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my new HG mascara. I was previously using Neutrogena Healthy Volume and it was pretty good, but tended to flake and smudge by the end of the day. Not this one it stays all day no flaking or smudging looks almost the same 8-10 hours after I apply it. The only complaints I have (2 small ones) are it does tend to get clumpy after a few weeks, and the brush wand is a little flimsy. I do tend to wipe of the excess prior to use. Other than that is a perfect match for my very light blonde eyelashes. It gives great volume and length. I am a little scared that once this mineral/natural make up kick runs it course they will discontinue it.
**UPDATE** This stuff was great but after a few weeks it changes and makes my lashes clumpy and spidery. Not too concerned about them discontinuing it now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this! Love this! Looks much more natural than any other mascara I've ever tried. I have to wipe the excess off of the wand, but it doesn't get all clumpy. Works great with my sensitive eyes and my contacts. I will definitely be buying this again and again. Best of all, much cheaper than other new mascaras out right now.

on 1/2/2009 10:31:00 AM

I really don't understand the great reviews for this mascara. I bought it liking the idea that it would leave my lashes soft and not brittle. But I don't notice any more softness or flexibility than any other mascara. The formula is super thin and goopy at the same time. I get tons of clumps that I have to comb through, and then I'm left with skimpy, sparse-looking lashes. They don't look natural at all, they look spidery and ridiculous.

I like the animal print packaging, but that's about it. For "natural" lashes I'll go back to Estee Lauder and for lush lashes I'll use Neutrogena Healthy Volume. But I will not be buying this again.

This mascara works like a gel based mascara: it looks so natural. It does not clump for me perhaps because I don't have thick close together lashes? What I like most is the "natural" look and unlike other natural look mascaras this one does gives you a little thickening and lenghtening. Goes on easy and nicely separates my lashes. It does last well too and if you add a good mascara base it will last practically till bed time.