L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

Filtered by age: 36-43
L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

3.4

PROS: VERY natural. Pretty inexpensive. Washes off easily when removing. Brush is pretty easy to use. Tube is decent size for storage in purse, etc.

CONS: Flaked kinda easy. A little too natural for me.

APPLICATION TIPS: Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on MUCH longer without flaking. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too.

ALTERNATES: Milani's Runway Lashes gives me gorgeous length/volume (then covered by Clarins Double Fix, to waterproof it) OR The Rocket by Maybelline (also covered by Clarins Double Fix) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. If you already have pretty good lashes (don't need much help), you may like CoverGirl Last Blast Fusion. The new Manga mascara by L'Oreal is fantastic for length and volume that lasts a long time without smudging; I'm kind of in love with it.

on 10/25/2009 12:56:00 AM

Just because it says Natural doesn't mean it's going to turn you into a hippie girl, so I've come to find. I keep going back to this one after repeatedly purchasing Chanel, Lancome, Dior, YSL, and find the bottom of my wallet instead of great lashes. If you want Betty Draper (January Jones in Madmen) lashes, this is a must try! Batting your eyes is so much more fun with this mascara!

on 9/22/2009 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I just purchased it...good product so far. Seems to be great for sensitive eyes...it's also hyperallergenic..fiber free..paraben free...it contains 86% natural ingredients plus minierals...it's also safe for people who wear contacts.

on 4/27/2009 3:59:00 PM

If I could give this 0 lippies, I would. This is the worst mascara I have ever tried. I agree with the poster that said it made their eyelashes look 'spidery'. It dries so fast that you can't comb through it at all without leaving mascara 'dirt' all over your face. And forget about trying to apply a second coat. It left my lashes feeling dry and brittle.

on 4/2/2009 6:32:00 PM

Bought this mascara the other day during a BOGOF sale at Walgreens. Got the black/brown for me and the Balck for my daughter. Tried it this morning and WOW!!! Could not beleive how nice this went on...no clumps, flakes..and it really lenghtened and seemed to curl them up a bit. Love the packaging too..kind of looks like a leopard print bottle. I will definetly get this again...in fact I may go back this week and get too more with the bogo sale. This is my HG for sure!!

on 4/2/2009 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was really disappointed with this mascara. I like a softer looking lash and bought this hoping it would be similar to Maybelline's Full 'n Soft (the original formula before they messed it up... why can't companies leave the good ones alone????). Anyway, it is NOTHING like it is advertised. It is NOT natural looking - on the contrary, it is spidery and garish if you apply more than one coat and it is EXTREMELY flaky - the long fibers come off in chunks, the brush is so soft that it won't brush through my already semi-thick lashes, which I'm guessing is a good deal of the problem for me. Maybe this works for someone with more sparse lashes?? Definitely didn't work for me. I keep hoping I can find a drug store brand that will replace my trusty old Full 'n Soft. For now, I am stuck paying for Estee Lauder's More Than Mascara at $21.00 a pop. Anyone have a recommendation??

on 10/30/2008 6:57:00 PM

20 years and thousands of dollars worth of fancy mascara and it's L'Oreal to the rescue. I thought I needed fancy, thickening, lengthening mascara for my sparse lashes, but every time I tried one I either looked like a prostitute or a 6-year old in mommy's makeup. I bought this on a whim, and I really like it! It's not too thick, not too heavy. It does take a while to dry though (due to the "natural" ingredients?) and I find it difficult to remove (even my DCH cleansing oil has a tough time with this!) but it's worth it to me to finally have pretty lashes. Thumbs up!