La Prairie Cellular Cream Platinum Rare

La Prairie Cellular Cream Platinum Rare
LP Cellular Cream Platinum RareLP Cellular Cream Platinum RareLP Cellular Cream Platinum Rare

2.7

Water, Butylene Glycol, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalane, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Myristyl Myristate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Mica, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tribehenin, Carbomer, Alcohol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Hexylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Lecithin, Disodium Edta, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycoproteins, Hesperidin, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ceramide 2, Carnosine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Peg-8, Lactic Acid, Poloxamer 188, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopherol, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Hematite Extract, Malachite Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Silybum Marianum Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Polysorbate 80, Platinum Powder, Silver Oxide, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 6/6/2018 2:34:00 PM

If you really want to buy LP then the Radiance Cellular Cream is far better than this one. At the higher price range like LP I actually prefer Sublimage from Chanel and it feels far more luxurious!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have the good fortune of a close friend who works at Sephora and also temporarily part-time at Nordstrom, so getting to try samples is rarely an issue for me. I wanted to try the Platinum Rare Cream just to see if it would help with a few fine lines and well, it's La Prairie right! Who would want to pass up on the chance to try that? I love their packaging - silly of me I know since that doesn't equal a great product and here's the thing about this cream...it was emollient but not overly so and although I used for a good 3 weeks I don't believe I could make out any real difference. Perhaps you need to use a few months or longer? Cost aside (which I don't have an issue with if something works) it is an ok moisturizer, but it's just ok, nothing extraordinary or a game changer. Glad to have tried but not a re-purchase for me.

Selena x

My HG/all-time Top 10

1. Cleanser: ‘Aveda' Purifying Gel Cleanser
2. Pigmentation/anti-ageing treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ Facial Treatment Serum
3. Conditioner: ‘Aussie’ 3 Min Miracle Reconstructor
4. Hair loss treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ Hair Oil
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face scrub: ‘Sisley' Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Shampoo: ‘Suave’ Daily Clarifying Shampoo

on 10/31/2017 5:21:00 AM

I didn’t use this product but I did use other La Prairie products which were a huge disappointment. Going back to our main subject I feel compelled to write this review or let’s say more of a ‘warning’. Don’t ever think of using this ‘So called full of toxic garbage bag’. I was shocked when I read the ingredients list: silver oxide and platinum. I mean come on who on earth would put these two components on their face. I quote and read carefully: Silver oxide is a germicide composed of silver nitrate and an alkaline hydroxide (a metallic compound bound to a metal atom). Silver nitrate is known to be caustic to skin, while silver itself can cause a permanent bluish discoloration on skin. Platinum is used with other substance in chemotherapy it kills growing cells to help shrinking tumors.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i know this cream has had a bad rap and i think this is due to price Many dismiss it as they say it is to expensive so they justify not liking it with its price. i find this with many high end products I know many who say i dont like the brand or product but readily take the free samples time after time I had a windfall so i purchased this cream. it has a beautiful thick richly smooth cream that spreads like a dream. It absorbs well after a few minutes and i use it on weekends when i can give my skin a gentle massage with this cream i even mix it with la prairie dry oil which mixes a little strange but provides a wonderful extra boost. Platinum Rare hydrates your skin and it realy does rejuvenate and regenerate. I only purchased the 30ml jar but you use such a small amount so it lasts for ages. I use it weekends and a few times only during the week. I have used La Prairie for a long time and i love and enjoy most of their products except for their toners otherwise their creams etc are amazing. expensive yes but they last many months
Once you try them you never look back. I have to take special care of my skin due to a condition and i will go without other things to buy my skin care products. I would certainly purchase Platinum Rare at least one jar a year. Also the platinum rare eye cream which is also just as amazing. A designer handbag or shoes are also expensive doesnt your skin deserve just as much if not more

on 11/22/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was looking at some night cream at LP and was given a sample to try. After a night of apply I was so shock the next morning this cream was terrible make my skin breakout. Lucky I did not purchase this so costly cream to hurt my face.

on 8/9/2014 9:38:00 PM

This cream isn't worth 20 dollars in terms of skin care.

I really wanted to love this product given it's "precious" ingredients and the expensive price tag... But I was disappointed. The cream is silverish grey and it's quite thick. Applied it over washed, toned, mud masked face to get the full benefits. Left my face feeling like it was heavy and speckles of shimmer that wouldn't disappear. Save your time and money and try products that aren't overly hyped like this one. A good vitamin C serum and antioxidant cream proved to be more effective than this " must have " product. Not happy at all.

on 3/31/2014 1:38:00 AM

Started using this product December 2012. Received it as a gift from a friend who works in the company and have to say that so far, this is by far one of my favorite moisturizing creams to date. I am fortunate that I have been able to own and use many pricey luxury cosmetics products due to my friends who work in the beauty industry... despite my limited finances, I don't mind splurging on products when I know that it works... and this cream WORKS!! I admit I have good skin, and it generally is receptive to any product I use, however, this being the case, it isn't often that I use a product where I end up seeing a significant difference or improvement on my skin, but with this cream it did. And despite the fact it is only 30mL, it lasted me about 4 months. Just went in and purchased my new one (now as much as I love my friend who gave it to me, I secretly curse her for hooking me on one sooo expensive... hahaha jk jk!). The one thing I have to mention about this product is that you have to be careful with the dosage. With this cream, a little goes a LONG way.... You do not have to slather it on thick, as an even and thin layer spread well is sufficient enough. Looking up some of the ingredients, I noticed the platinum ingredient is a platinum COLLOIDAL. Did some research on it and realized that though there are opposing arguments to its effects, the positive is that colloids enable your skin or body to absorb more of the ingredients and therefore enable the product to be more effective. I've definitely received more compliments from those who see me on a regular basis about how great my complexion looked from before. That's a pretty good telltale sign telling me that this cream is doing SOMETHING right!!

on 9/11/2012 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I actually did not mind spending the money for this product .

But WHY would I purchase it again , when it did nothing out of the

ordinary for my skin?

on 11/19/2012 8:02:00 AM

I love the thick texture of this cream so much so that even though your not supposed to I really like to slather it on. My skin looks very 'normalized', I would say, when using this product but also very plumped as well. I went to a friend's party after using this for about a month, thinking my skin would look better than ever, but when I turned-up and looked in the mirrors my skin looked absolutely aweful, it was so plumped it looked like i'd been taking some kinda medication that made my face fat and took all the character away from my face! I felt so ugly I had to go home. Which I wasn't expecting from the most prestigious cream on the market, lol! The previous year's party, I was using Sisley's All Day All Year cream and felt like I looked a million dollars (in the very same mirrors)! My conclusion is, that even though young celebrities rave about this product, maybe its too much for a young face. I like La Prairie moisturizers but this is totally beyond what my skin needs.