Sephora Ratings & Reviews Section

No Image

2.0

a whole lotta fake

on 1/23/2017 9:00:00 AM

I don't buy from Sephora anymore, if I can help it. The reason is 100% because they deleted my two-star review. I took time to write a thoughtful review, genuinely wanting others to know my experience. At the time, I thought maybe my experience was unique, as all I saw about the product were 5-star reviews. I feel shammed and shamed - I'm a pretty savvy shopper who shelled out a lot of money for a worthless product. It was a newish product, so there wasn't a lot out written about it yet. Since then, I've seen on honest sites that it wasn't just me - the product sucked. I don't live within driving distance of a Sephora store, so I couldn't return the thing easily. As others pointed out, Nordstrom ships anything for free and they often have a nice deal going on for what you buy (samples, full kits, etc.).

on 12/24/2015 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hello,
I've ordered cosmetics in total 230$ cost but I've got only a lot of samples in the box (around 40 samples) !
I've contacted Sephora support 6 times already by mail and by phone about getting wrong package instead of my order and asking for refund.
By Mail they only answering that I need to call support.
By Phone - they said that I have to wait 8 days and they will decide if they can process refund. However its already 20th day but there is no any refund.
When I tried to contact support again, they just answered me that I need to call and start the process again...

ORDER DATE: November 4, 2015
Order Number: 4017688722
TRACKING #: C11504810311501
Amount: 229.46 USD

on 11/19/2014 6:14:00 PM

OK, so at least I'm not the only one whose reviews have been deleted from the Sephora website. I understand that they are trying to sell products, but they send you these hounding emails (ready to review?) but what they really mean is, ready to rave? Because if you aren't, they don't want your feedback. I am a VIB rouge, though I have seriously cut back on my purchases there in the past several months. And I have been less and less thrilled with my purchasing experiences recently. The Sephora SA's in the store closest to me are either rude, annoying, know absolutely nothing or can't be found on the off chance I actually need some assistance. And I recently requested a sample from the VIB concierge line. It was something I had really wanted to try, but I couldn't get to a store for several weeks, and other people said they do it all the time. I never had, but I figured, why not? The person on the phone took the information, and said that it would be sent to me shortly. I never received it. When I called to find out why not, the representative told me they don't send samples unless they are in conjunction with an order (I did place an order the same day, but the samples are never anything I want or like). So then why did the concierge pretend otherwise? I told the representative they are going to lose business if they keep treating people that way. He said, that's what we're trying to avoid. Could've fooled me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Sephora's rating system is a complete sham. They absolutely 100% DELETE negative reviews. I've had some of my low rated reviews disappear entirely. If you are looking for HONEST reviews of products, stick to makeupalley or some other source on the internet. DO NOT trust Sephora's webiste to give you an honest picture of what people *really* think of any given product!

on 11/19/2014 3:50:00 PM

I see a lot of negative reviews, let me give you my take, Makeup Alley is my to go to make up site and skin products as well as Paula's Choice for skin products. It makes sense to me that the actual company that sells items probably isn't the best place to go for honest reviews, Sephora being one of them, not surprised they delete negative reviews my guess is that many stores do and that we just haven't caught on yet. I love Sephora for what it is (yes the points rewards do usually suck) I can try on and look at a huge selection of product before I spend way too much on them, and as far a service? For me it depends on the store some are great some -- not so much. I have a problem with a local Ulta store as well, I think they all wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

I had my suspicions that Sephora was shady with negative reviews, but I never kept track of my reviews, until I last posted a review of Cane + Austin Miracle Pads (20% glycolic acid) that only had 3 glowing reviews. I gave it 2 stars, to warn others that it can burn your skin and result in hyperpigmentation where you had none before and darken your current spots, instead of getting rid of them. The only positive was my skin texture, but it's very shady of Sephora to not post my review, where I warn others that even if you do everything right, glycolic acid products are no joke.

The whole point about a review is so people know about a product: good or bad. Good for some, bad for others. People explain why is good or bad and many times recommend a better product and there's your sale; even from a negative review.

By now I was ok with them in regards to the Epic Rewards Fail event and then they do this?????

You when people stop buying? Not when they read a bad review, but when the reviews are BEING MESSED WITH.

I love everything about Sephora! The customer service is stellar, return policies are amazing and the people are just nice to me. I have nothing negative to say here :-)

on 2/21/2014 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Yes, Sephora really does delete negative reviews. I left 2 reviews in one day (one 5 star, one 1star) and the 5star one posted but the 1star review never did. So I left the 1star review again. That one never posted either. I find that so repulsive. Not to mention that the customer service inside the stores is crappy anyway. I have since been shopping Nordstrom and ULTA. Better customer service and more honest reviews. I'm so over Sephora that I'm prepared to be without my HG Makeup Forever lipstick. I guess I'll finally be trying Mac...

on 12/9/2013 10:38:00 AM

I just got my "Beauty Insider" reward and it's kind of my last straw. I'm wondering why I still have an account with Sephora at all.

So the pros of Sephora are that you can have free shipping if you order $50 of stuff online. Also there are free returns.

The cons: Oh so many cons. Being a "beauty insider" you get points with your purchases and redeem them for rewards. Well the rewards are lame. They are usually a deluxe sample of something you end up throwing away because you hate it.

The selection: is very limited in my opinion and stuff gets sold out all the time. Also, no MAC (one of my fave makeup brands)

Product reviews: are skewed. Which is quite obvious when you look at a site and all of their reveiws are glowing. I have had one and two star reviews that were deleted on numerous occasions. Not because I referenced another product (which it's also bs that you can't do that either... its against their policy) or because I used profanity, or because they were irrelevant to the product. They just magically disappeared. Shady shade Sephora.

Sephora brand products: quality sucks. Buy drugstore products instead.

In store customer service: is poor. I feel like the women that help me don't know what they are doing. The associates are on extreme ends of the spectrum. Either unhelpful or pushy. Not pleasant. The place is also quite ghetto, especially for somewhere that sells higher end products.

I recommend ordering from Nordstrom or Bergdorf Goodman where there is no minumum for free shipping, and larger product selection. They do the free samples with your order like Sephora too. I also think their in store customer service is much better. I'm canceling my account at Sephora very soon! (They make you email someone and ask them to delete your account... you can't just delete it yourself.)

on 11/19/2014 3:38:00 PM

Because Sephora deletes/does not post negative comments, I will be attempting to delete any reviews I have made from their site. No more sponsored videos for me either. All of the reviews and specialized sections (Today's Obsession, Hot Now, Editors'/Staff Picks, The Glossy, Sephora TV, Bestselling) are marketing pitches. I like the Beauty Board and the extensiveness of the products in the system, but besides these two pros, the site is awful. The salespeople are more often than not rude. I'm going to stay a Beauty Insider (almost a VIB) for the wide selection, BI program, and ease with online shopping, but as soon as I find something better, I'll be gone. Ulta's selection isn't wide enough for me. Sometimes I use drugstore makeup. I don't usually like makeup shopping in department stores from my area. That was a long paragraph.. All in all, I'd say that the Sephora website is a scammy piece of crap, the salespeople are almost always rude and unhelpful, and they have quite a few BAD apples running their Customer Service call line.

Popular Other Products